JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 281 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-15-2016, 07:20 PM   #2241
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Enabling Heatseeker in the Main Menu is inspired...

Wouldn't be surprised if that rendered a more defensive based result, without the jacked bonus it can afford the HUM player when enabled in CFM...

My guess would be that it affords a minor "universal" boost to "ball awareness" across the (defensive) board to both the HUM and CPU...
Hey King...it is very similar to your equally-inspired idea of going with "ballhawk lite" by only enabling it in one of the two. I was toying with AM this morning, and when I set it back to AP, it has that annoying trait of resetting the assists to on...I was just about to re-toggle the heat seeker and went, "I wonder?".

Your description of the boost to "ball awareness" seems to be pretty applicable....it was so subtle that I couldn't point to any one thing from an animation/action standpoint...it was just good defense. Again, I'm going to need more sample size as a Denver/Baltimore matchup can easily show itself as a defensive struggle...that said, I've played tough defenses before and have never been shut down quite THAT effectively.

It's interesting....hopefully a lot of this work will translate to M17 and we can use the same fundamental concepts for slider design on that game. If they nearly all translate...sliders will be easy next year.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:14 AM   #2242
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Just a quick update on the heatseeker thing....still VERY much up in the air on it. From what I have seen, it makes CPU defenders very aggressive...almost too aggressive. In a couple of games using KC, I was really able to dominate both Hou and Den with Charles (it was actually kinda fun to be able to pull some moves out in space though ) while my run defense completely smothered their backs. My concern is that it might be too unbalancing...to the point where I would want to make further slider adjustments.

That said, I am going to plug away with it using some weak teams and see if that trend holds up....if it does, then it is not going to be used....nonetheless, interesting to see the effect.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #2243
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

any status on this?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 05-17-2016, 01:20 AM   #2244
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
any status on this?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Got a wee bit more time in tonight and I am killing the heatseeker experiment. Normally, when I decide on something slider-wise, I have some sort of a visual evidence as to why (like seeing looser/tighter coverage or something). This is a little softer in that I can't lock in on just one thing...but something felt totally off with the setting on. The one thing for sure is that user tackling was just too good....broken tackles by CPU had dried up completely (combine that with the fact that my guys were always in the backfield and bad things....). The user run game was easier too....something related to second level blocking....just can't say what.

Is there an impact? Yes. What is it? Hard to pin down exactly. Is it worth using for this set? No...it feels unbalanced somehow in favor of the user. Could it work on say an All Madden setup? Possibly...but we're not going there
Old 05-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #2245
Rookie

OVR: 1

Josh, any final judgment on the IG toggle and what it does? Are you playing with it on or off?
Old 05-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #2246
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, any final judgment on the IG toggle and what it does? Are you playing with it on or off?
Sticking with op set for now with it off. Come to think of it though...it might actually work for you in coach mode as I was seeing better offense with it on.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #2247
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually, I've stumbled on a set for coach mode that is working well (so far). I'm actually losing games, which is a first since the new patch. Since most people don't play coach mode, it might not help any, but for what it's worth the trick was threefold: 1) match both MM and CFM Auto Subs at 49/50; 2) keep fatigue at 50; and 3) shut all assists off (e.g., Ball Hawk).

I kept trying different versions of your set for coach mode, and I kept either seeing ridiculously defensive games or I was kicking the CPU's butt. But once I did the above using your penalty sliders, it was like a different game for me. There's still some possible tweaking, but once I got my butt kicked 45-10 last night to bring my record to 4-4, I knew I had a good set to build off of.

Again, I know it's probably not something you'd be interested in, especially since it sounds like you really like your set, but for the sake of "Madden science," I figured I'd share.

Oh, and one more thing...it became VERY clear to me that no matter what the setting, the USER QB is set to be better than the CPU. I'm sure it doesn't come out in regular mode, but in coach mode, 9 times out of 10, my QB would have better comp % and more passing yards. I remember reading a while back that EA increased QB accuracy for users due to complaints that passing was "too hard," and it does seem to be true. So I've resigned myself to knowing that my team will always have a bit too many passing yards. But I will say, since the patch, they certainly improved the CPU run game and special teams. I actually saw two kick returns for TDs in the past week.

Last edited by picker19; 05-17-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #2248
MVP

OVR: 3

Is Ball Hawk set to 'on' for BOTH MM & CFM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »