Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #2249
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Is Ball Hawk set to 'on' for BOTH MM & CFM?
Yes it is....
Old 05-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #2250
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Actually, I've stumbled on a set for coach mode that is working well (so far). I'm actually losing games, which is a first since the new patch. Since most people don't play coach mode, it might not help any, but for what it's worth the trick was threefold: 1) match both MM and CFM Auto Subs at 49/50; 2) keep fatigue at 50; and 3) shut all assists off (e.g., Ball Hawk).

I kept trying different versions of your set for coach mode, and I kept either seeing ridiculously defensive games or I was kicking the CPU's butt. But once I did the above using your penalty sliders, it was like a different game for me. There's still some possible tweaking, but once I got my butt kicked 45-10 last night to bring my record to 4-4, I knew I had a good set to build off of.

Again, I know it's probably not something you'd be interested in, especially since it sounds like you really like your set, but for the sake of "Madden science," I figured I'd share.
I'm always for the advancement of "Madden science"

If I understand though, you are basically forsaking subs for gameplay...if I had to sacrifice one versus the other, I'd do the same.

The one thing that has always bugged me with the lower autosubs is QB targeting...I'd use another setup but the one thing that always drives me bonkers whenever I deviate from default autosubs is that the QBs target the daggone TEs way too much. It's one thing for Flacco to target Pitta and Co. early and often as his WRs are crap...but when Stafford targets Pettigrew/Ebron more than Johnson....I have issues with that.

You raise an interesting point with ballhawk....I haven't looked at that since we turned KCI and OPI off. I also, frankly, have been tinkering so much that I haven't spent nearly enough time on the OP set...I need to do so....

One aside here guys....a lot of the discussion here on out is going to be to advance "Madden science". The OP set is, at its core, a solid gameplay set. Unless there is something earthbreaking, it's all going to be left to individual preference.

However, if I do find something worthwhile....I will try to be very clear when I post it that it isn't just tinkering.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #2251
Pro

OVR: 1

Josh, regarding your comment on QB targeting, I will say that for my test CFM with this set, so far the WR1 is getting targeted the most. It might depend on the scheme (I'm using a Zone Run with the Cowboys for this test), but I too was surprised that Bryant already has 60+ catches by game 9 of the season. Witten gets maybe 3-5 catches a game, and I do run a lot of 2-2-1 sets, at least in the first half. So at least with Coach Mode, I haven't seen that targeting issue much yet.

And yes, I am sacrificing subs. It sucks, but Fatigue at 50 definitely has given me more of a challenge. When I used the same set and moved Fatigue to 75, it was like night and day where I could score more easily. Once in a while I'll see some subs, but mostly I just sub out my HB manually when my starter gets yellow.

Oh, and I leave Injuries at 90. You need to with Fatigue at 50. I see anywhere from 1-6 injuries a game with it. It's my warped way of getting subs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 03:18 PM   #2252
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The one thing that has always bugged me with the lower autosubs is QB targeting...I'd use another setup but the one thing that always drives me bonkers whenever I deviate from default autosubs is that the QBs target the daggone TEs way too much.
So, are you saying that default auto subs target TE's too much? Or that the 60/80 autosubs target the TE too much?

I only ask because I just tried out your sliders yesterday and LOVED the gameplay. I play coach mode and it even made my QB scramble! I've never seen that! Anyway, the main issue I've had with them is every game my TE (Lance Kendricks) and the opponent TE play like Gronk. They get constant targeting. I use the 60/80 autosubs.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #2253
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
So, are you saying that default auto subs target TE's too much? Or that the 60/80 autosubs target the TE too much?

I only ask because I just tried out your sliders yesterday and LOVED the gameplay. I play coach mode and it even made my QB scramble! I've never seen that! Anyway, the main issue I've had with them is every game my TE (Lance Kendricks) and the opponent TE play like Gronk. They get constant targeting. I use the 60/80 autosubs.
I do not play on coach mode...but 60/80 subs improves the targets to WRs. We know coach mode is different in some respects....
Old 05-19-2016, 07:18 AM   #2254
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hi Josh (and others),
I have been playing with Jarodds all-madden sliders as I like challenging sliders.

Will your set provide a tough challenge for at madden veteran?

I have been following this thread and the feedback is quite positive so I thought I might give them a go.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:12 PM   #2255
Pro

OVR: 1

Just adding another tidbit to the annals of Madden Science.

I was trying to increase sacks with my latest slider set. So I tested out Josh's old Holding setting of 40/50. It did not work. Instead, it completely shuts down the run game on both sides. I mean, like 2 ypc/game or worse. Also, what was really interesting was that while it did mean more pressure on the QB, it did not translate into more sacks. Instead, the QB would get rid of the ball quicker and made more short throws to TEs, WR3 and HBs. My WR1 and WR2 would get maybe 1-2 catches a game.

Bottom line: not touching the Holding slider again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #2256
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Hi Josh (and others),
I have been playing with Jarodds all-madden sliders as I like challenging sliders.

Will your set provide a tough challenge for at madden veteran?

I have been following this thread and the feedback is quite positive so I thought I might give them a go.
The step down from am to ap is pretty steep. That said, I think if you play a truly sim style, these work well. That said, give me a day before trying. I have been doing some stuff behind the scenes that should amp up the challenge a bit more and clean up some stuff as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »