JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 284 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #2265
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Any other findings with the new MM CFM on/off?
Nothing really....I just got home from work...so will be firing up some games once I figure out what team I want to use
Old 05-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #2266
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Actually, I've stumbled on a set for coach mode that is working well (so far). I'm actually losing games, which is a first since the new patch. Since most people don't play coach mode, it might not help any, but for what it's worth the trick was threefold: 1) match both MM and CFM Auto Subs at 49/50; 2) keep fatigue at 50; and 3) shut all assists off (e.g., Ball Hawk).

I kept trying different versions of your set for coach mode, and I kept either seeing ridiculously defensive games or I was kicking the CPU's butt. But once I did the above using your penalty sliders, it was like a different game for me. There's still some possible tweaking, but once I got my butt kicked 45-10 last night to bring my record to 4-4, I knew I had a good set to build off of.

Again, I know it's probably not something you'd be interested in, especially since it sounds like you really like your set, but for the sake of "Madden science," I figured I'd share.

Oh, and one more thing...it became VERY clear to me that no matter what the setting, the USER QB is set to be better than the CPU. I'm sure it doesn't come out in regular mode, but in coach mode, 9 times out of 10, my QB would have better comp % and more passing yards. I remember reading a while back that EA increased QB accuracy for users due to complaints that passing was "too hard," and it does seem to be true. So I've resigned myself to knowing that my team will always have a bit too many passing yards. But I will say, since the patch, they certainly improved the CPU run game and special teams. I actually saw two kick returns for TDs in the past week.
To follow up on this, I've been using these in my Bears coach mode franchise for about 5 games now and they're amazing. I really can't find a single thing to nitpick about them; everything feels good.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #2267
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
To follow up on this, I've been using these in my Bears coach mode franchise for about 5 games now and they're amazing. I really can't find a single thing to nitpick about them; everything feels good.
Hey, glad you're getting a good experience with those. I tested out Auto Subs for coach mode with three different settings, and by far, matching 49/50 in both MM and CFM seems to be the way to get a competitive coach mode, at least so far. I'm now back to that setting and just playing around with the penalty sliders to tame the defense a bit.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:44 PM   #2268
Rookie

OVR: 1

Josh, quick question for you on penalty sliders. Am I right saying that increasing face mask increases the "tightness" of the defense (i.e., better tackling, better pursuit, etc.)? I know increasing Defensive Holding and DPI helps improve passing defense, but I'm looking to how I can tame the rushing game a bit (without touching blocking at all), so I was wondering if I should turn to Face Mask to do that. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:48 PM   #2269
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, quick question for you on penalty sliders. Am I right saying that increasing face mask increases the "tightness" of the defense (i.e., better tackling, better pursuit, etc.)? I know increasing Defensive Holding and DPI helps improve passing defense, but I'm looking to how I can tame the rushing game a bit (without touching blocking at all), so I was wondering if I should turn to Face Mask to do that. Thanks.
Yeah, the facemask slider would be the way to go. However, when I say it tightens the defense, I also mean it quite literally...it will have an effect on the tightness of coverage (albeit, to a lesser degree than DPI). Facemask is an incredibly powerful slider...1 point either way and you will likely see a dramatic difference.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #2270
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Broadcasting my Falcons CFM

Bears 1-4 vs Falcons 4-1

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 05-22-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:38 PM   #2271
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Broadcasting my Falcons CFM

Bears 1-4 vs Falcons 4-1

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Falcons 41- Bears 17

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 05-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #2272
Banned

OVR: 0

So I am on sattellite and never have my PS4 online and never got any updates. Game was playing fine until last night...

My defense completely quit playing coverage. Literally every single playing 2-3 defenders in pass coverage completely stop moving for a second and the receivers get open by 5-15 yards. Three games in a row CPU was 90+%.

My latest game against the patriots...
Sam Bradford (Patriots): 27-30 475yds 3td's 1int

I had 7 sacks because I just had to bring pressure and sack him. I mean, it is like the game has completely broken. I have Trae Waynes and Bradley Roby at corner, so not studs, but fast and Roby has 90mcv and 90zone. Should be good enough to stop at least one pass.

Thoughts? Should I just download the new update and try your newest set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »