JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 286 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-23-2016, 11:21 PM   #2281
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
While I think the IG setting suggested earlier may mute some of this, the annoying thing about virtually every EA game to-date is that if you stack your defense, CPU QBs can get all conservative like you described. It's a very tricky balance...one I've only been able to truly crack on one game (my current NCAA14 set)...and those sliders are different than M16s.

Try turning IG back "on" in the main menu as suggested earlier and see if it cleans it up. I loved the effect it had on the run game, but if it has a deleterious effect on how the CPU passing game works, that is problematic.

Alright I'll give this a go and report back. But could it be more of my defense being stacked causing the issue instead of IG? If so I'll start a fresh new CFM. Either way I'll try turning on IG again and see what the outcome is. I'll probably end up trying both because the CPU run game was great matter the passing game was way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #2282
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm guessing relative strengths and weaknesses are playing a role for sure.

I haven't made any formal changes yet...I just made the suggestion to MVP and Co. if they want to explore. I'm taking a day or two off from Madden as I got bit by the NCAA bug again
I hear ya, I will keep grinding out some games and see if same result everytime, or variety. especially against tougher opponents. Im year 2 in 2k and fifa franchises with good variety, and even nhl 16, in eastern conf finals year 1 with Lightening having a blast. I hope Madden has not lost that mojo.

Now if we could get NCAA BC so could play on xbone.
Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 05-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #2283
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Not giving up on these sliders. Game is still good and still playing it in late May. I am looking for some lower score games but I do admit, I'm not using the original 75 man roster. Wonder if that matters? Also, does game speed have any barring on higher/lower scoring games? Kinda like 2K higher game speed will produce more points.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #2284
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Not giving up on these sliders. Game is still good and still playing it in late May. I am looking for some lower score games but I do admit, I'm not using the original 75 man roster. Wonder if that matters? Also, does game speed have any barring on higher/lower scoring games? Kinda like 2K higher game speed will produce more points.

Josh highly recommends using the preseason 75 man roster because the players play to their traits that are given. You can use other rosters but 75 is way better. Changing the speed probably won't help but make things worst. I do remember josh saying don't touch it because it would throw everything off. You could try just switching to 75 man roster and see if there is a difference.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #2285
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, later season rosters have two issues.

1. Traits don't shine through like they should. This has the biggest impact on the pass rush.

2. Ratings tend to be more inflated. This can lead to a more chaotic game...and typically higher scoring.

Game speed really changes how the gameplay plays out. I can describe in more detail later on.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 05-24-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #2286
Rookie

OVR: 3

How about a roster makers roster? No good?

UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 05-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #2287
Rookie

Not sure if this was asked, but do you need to set the auto subs for the opposing team as well to get the best results?

To avoid crazy confidence gain, I used to workaround where every week I take control of my opponent (which disables the drive goal confidence gains). I also make sure their schemes make sense as well. Should I also be editing their auto subs to 60/80?
Old 05-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #2288
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgameronny
How about a roster makers roster?
Any roster you download will not play as well, whether from EA or another person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Not sure if this was asked, but do you need to set the auto subs for the opposing team as well to get the best results?

To avoid crazy confidence gain, I used to workaround where every week I take control of my opponent (which disables the drive goal confidence gains). I also make sure their schemes make sense as well. Should I also be editing their auto subs to 60/80?
Good question....if you have control of the CPU team (like for the confidence workaround), then YES, you have to manually set their autosubs and their game settings (e.g. ballhawk).

I had forgotten about that workaround, so I am glad you raised it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »