JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 289 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #2305
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

I am just frustrated that every game i play winds up around a 34-31 game. I too have turned on the IG. The games have been smooth and i noticed some low scoring first halfs. Dont know if there's anything to that. I will continue to tinker with the penalty sliders to see if i can find a new defensive adjustment.

I can vouch that the auto subs are excellent on 80/60. I messed around with those and got some whacky results and boxscores.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #2306
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
I am just frustrated that every game i play winds up around a 34-31 game. I too have turned on the IG. The games have been smooth and i noticed some low scoring first halfs. Dont know if there's anything to that. I will continue to tinker with the penalty sliders to see if i can find a new defensive adjustment.

I can vouch that the auto subs are excellent on 80/60. I messed around with those and got some whacky results and boxscores.
Another avenue to look at is adjusting fatigue and I agree about the autosubs...the game feels totally off the minute I try to deviate from default.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #2307
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

You think its safe to put fatigue above 75?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:52 PM   #2308
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
You think its safe to put fatigue above 75?
No clue at all...frankly, I went from 50 to 75 and tested nowhere in between or above 75. I'd go crazy and test 100 and see what happens....I always test extremes first and go from there.

Edit: Just thinking aloud here a bit....but there is a piece of me wondering if it is too high at 75? At 75, we sometimes see those defensive battles in the first half that morph into shootouts in the second. It's one thing to see tired defenders in the second half, but I kinda wonder if we're seeing so many shootouts because they are getting TOO tired. Now, we know 50 isn't really viable because of a lack of subs...but what about 65 or 70? Is that enough to get subs, see some progressive fatigue, but not have defenders so tired that every game becomes an offense-fest in the second half.

I did the whole uninstall thing but kept OP settings...it played well enough and plenty of defense in the first half...but offenses slowly came to life as the game progressed....and then really came alive in the 4th quarter.

Fatigue is such a powerful modifier effecting every phase of the game. Again, just thinking aloud. We're really close here....I think though that I am going to continue testing with the IG setting "on" in both menus...but do nothing but tweak fatigue.

If I can get others on-board, we can lock-in on things much more rapidly. I'm going to update the OP to remove the IG "off" in the MM for the time being...we can revisit, if necessary, once we lock-in on a more ideal fatigue. I need people to try different fatigue settings and report back what you see...

Last edited by JoshC1977; 05-26-2016 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:05 AM   #2309
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

I will definitely do some testing this weekend. I am going to start fresh (delete/reinstall), use 75 man roster and all settings in OP and ONLY tinker with the fatigue setting. The second half offensive surges keeps happening in my games, and frankly is one of my only gripes. A good defensive 13-10 first half always will turn into a barn burner in the 2nd.

I've also read that the injury slider may have more of an effect on game play (spacing). I will do some tinkering here as well.

I agree we are close to balancing out a solid two halves of football and with the help of the community, we can find it.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #2310
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I think though that I am going to continue testing with the IG setting "on" in both menus...but do nothing but tweak fatigue.
Personally, I hated not having IG "on" in both menus. Yes, I gained some CPU running attack, but this was countered by too much of an passing game to point it just wasn't fun anymore. At least with IG on in both, I get some semblance of a defense. Again, this is for my own style.

I found putting HUM TAK down to 40 got more of a realistic CPU running game & not too much change in passing. But here we deal with deviating away from using DEFAULT sliders...the whole point of this thread.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #2311
Rookie

I'm using the 75 man roster with the op settings with IG off. It's by far the best madden I've played all year. What I've noticed so far is the game plays out different in the 1st and 2nd halves. My offense and defense become dominate in the second half. The cpu running game becomes non existent and the cpu qb starts missing targets. The 1st half plays great, I assume this is due to 75 fatigue. I've also noticed this when fatigue was at 70 before. Going to set it between 65 and 70 and see how it goes. Also possibly due to the IG, I'm getting zero pressure on the qb. I've actually seen my lolb come free off the edge with an open shot on the qb just turn around and engage a blocker behind him. Will turn IG back on and drop fatigue and let you know how it goes.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #2312
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No clue at all...frankly, I went from 50 to 75 and tested nowhere in between or above 75. I'd go crazy and test 100 and see what happens....I always test extremes first and go from there.

Edit: Just thinking aloud here a bit....but there is a piece of me wondering if it is too high at 75? At 75, we sometimes see those defensive battles in the first half that morph into shootouts in the second. It's one thing to see tired defenders in the second half, but I kinda wonder if we're seeing so many shootouts because they are getting TOO tired. Now, we know 50 isn't really viable because of a lack of subs...but what about 65 or 70? Is that enough to get subs, see some progressive fatigue, but not have defenders so tired that every game becomes an offense-fest in the second half.

I did the whole uninstall thing but kept OP settings...it played well enough and plenty of defense in the first half...but offenses slowly came to life as the game progressed....and then really came alive in the 4th quarter.

Fatigue is such a powerful modifier effecting every phase of the game. Again, just thinking aloud. We're really close here....I think though that I am going to continue testing with the IG setting "on" in both menus...but do nothing but tweak fatigue.

If I can get others on-board, we can lock-in on things much more rapidly. I'm going to update the OP to remove the IG "off" in the MM for the time being...we can revisit, if necessary, once we lock-in on a more ideal fatigue. I need people to try different fatigue settings and report back what you see...

I'll try 65 fatigue over this weekend and let you know what I come up with. Also josh, maybe IG isn't the issue? Maybe it is just the fatigue needs to be tweaked? If you want ill test with the original OP set with IG off in MM and on in CFM?

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 05-26-2016 at 01:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »