JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 294 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #2345
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Game 3 in the books. My Niners on the road against Arizona (who were starting Drew Stanton and Steven Jackson in their backfield)....another defensive game.

We drew first blood in the second quarter after my punter Bradley Pinioned them deep (see what I did? ) on the 1 yard line. Next play, safety. It was 3-2 Arizona at the half and 10-8 after the 3rd quarter as the two defenses dominated. The game ended in a 20-15 loss for my Niners as Kaepernick threw a pick (offline throw) on the final drive of the game. As the Niners were in real life, getting frustrated with Kaep...he has moments of brilliance which are totally undermined by bad throws at the worst possible time.

So, that's a close win, blowout loss, and close loss after three games....so far so good. Going to keep playing, but I'm going to go ahead and update the OP yet again to reflect the 50 fatigue....we should never have left that setting in the first place....
Are you still seeing subs. I'm fine with sacrificing subs for good games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #2346
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphadog95
Hey guys I'm new to this thread, but I've definitely known about OS for a few years now, and frequently visit for tips on my roster creations and what not lol but I have a question concerning the games default sliders. Do you all prefer to play CFM with custom sliders or is it better to keep it default?
I'm trying to start up multiple test leagues and run simulations for a few experiments but I'm trying to figure out what would be the best method of getting the most "realistic" stats and most probable outcomes, also how many minute quarters do you set for your franchise games ?
Thanks in advance
Welcome on board....

This is a tricky question and I am a little confused by what you mean regarding "simulations". This may not be what you meant, but just in case, sliders have no impact on simulated games.

My philosophy on sliders is that whatever gets you the most realistic animations and reactions by players (dependant on ratings) is the best way to go...if those are good, then stats will follow. If you read the opening post of this thread, I think you will find the preferred setup.

Two big things this year for a ratings-based outcome:
1. Stick with default gameplay sliders and 60/80 autosubs. We can use the penalty sliders to modify/tweak gameplay to our liking.
2. Use the default preseason roster....gameplay is MUCH better when using it...downloading any roster (from user or EA causes player traits to not get imported properly and that leads to issues...)
Old 05-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #2347
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewdawgg
Are you still seeing subs. I'm fine with sacrificing subs for good games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yeah, not as many of course...but not too bad.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #2348
Banned

Icon1 Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Can't wait to try these tonight. Hoping to get in 3-4 games.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #2349
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Wow, that's where you started in the first place. Then you changed fatigue from 50 to 75 and said THAT played awesome.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:49 PM   #2350
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Wow, that's where you started in the first place. Then you changed fatigue from 50 to 75 and said THAT played awesome.
Deuteronomy 4:27 "and the Josh works in mysterious ways."
Old 05-28-2016, 08:40 PM   #2351
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
LMAO...

75 DOES play well....it looks great, feels right, blah, blah, blah. The one problem...it's too easy as it handicaps the CPU too much. But how many games did it take of playing on 75 fatigue to come to that realization....a lot?

That's the trap with sliders...it can look and feel awesome, but it isn't until you get some serious sample size before you know for sure. We never tested 50 fatigue on the exact penalty setup we have until now. And my oh my is the challenge (and variety) back...at least for me. Game 4 was my first real shootout against GB. The pack went up 17-0 at the half, Kaep was 5-18 passing and Hyde was doing nothing. I brought in Gabbert and Bush...Blaine was awesome with 250 yards passing in the second half and Bush's superior BCV made it easier to hit holes (which is my issue with Hyde). Unfortunately for me, the Pack kept pushing and came away with a 31-28 victory and I fall to 1-3 on the season (Eli and Co. up next).

For those keeping count, that's one blowout (by CPU), two close defensive games (1-1), and one close offensive game. I'll take that variety any day of the week...and I have yet to really have a major advantage over any opponent yet (the Giants coming-up might be my easiest opponent so far).
Old 05-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #2352
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Wow I got a game in with the the exact op and 50 fatigue and wow!!! What a improvement! I only got one game in but it was so much more fun! I was the Vikings against 49ers and it was a defensive battle until the very last 50 seconds of the first half and I got a TD by throwing it up to mike Wallace on a fake screen. Second half the game definitely opened up where I lead my first 2nd half drive right down for another TD. But at this point it was 14-0 and everyone stalled until the 4th where the Niners had a comeback and actually with a minute left in the game I was down 14-18 I got a deep bomb to Chris Johnson to take the lead 21-18. But that wasn't the end though! 35 seconds until the game was over, kaepernick panicked and threw a horrible pass off his back foot and smith picked it for a pick six. ( tried diving before the end zone but failed.) I ended up winning 28-18. It was a really fun game and I am actually getting back into madden now. I'll play some more games to see what I get but from that game it was great! I might stream some later. keep ya posted

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 05-28-2016 at 10:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »