JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 297 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #2369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradypunch
Ive tried these a couple times but, the whole 9 minutes no accel doesnt make sense. I prefer 15 accel and 12 to 15 quarters. With no accel there is nothing stopping me from hiking it w/ 35 sec on playclock, which is hugely unrealistic and creates very long high scoring games. Also right off the bat the defense warped and got 2 picks so interceptions seem high. Plz help
I mean, it says to do the set up as shown in the OP. So that means 9 min no accel. Watch all the replays so the play clock ticks down.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #2370
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradypunch
Ive tried these a couple times but, the whole 9 minutes no accel doesnt make sense. I prefer 15 accel and 12 to 15 quarters. With no accel there is nothing stopping me from hiking it w/ 35 sec on playclock, which is hugely unrealistic and creates very long high scoring games. Also right off the bat the defense warped and got 2 picks so interceptions seem high. Plz help
9 minute quarters actually works quite well. The goal is to get an average combined total of 125-130 plays per game (NFL average). Snapping the ball with the cadence that the CPU uses keeps the play distribution even. If you delay snapping as suggested, you will dominate TOP and unevenly distribute plays.

The reason for this setup is a) better uniform and field degradation; b) better lighting progression throughout the game; and c) I just think the game plays better than with acc clock on.

The INT settings are fine....you just have to be smart with your throws...this isn't meant to be easy and over the course of the season, if you play smart football, the INT numbers are right within the NFL norms.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #2371
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
PLEASE READ THIS POST!!!

Guys....a big discovery tonight.

I started up a new CFM tonight with the Jags using a created owner. Well, things felt very different than my Niners coach CFM and I thumped the Panthers 31-10. I double-checked every single setting in my MM and CFM settings...everything was as per the OP. Everything about the game was totally different.

Then I remembered that the really odd thing was that I had absolutely no subbing at all (where I had some in my Niners coach CFM)...even the CPU. It got me wondering if something was borking the autosubs.

I checked the stamina rating of Yeldon (who had 30+ carries but was never subbed-out)...his stamina rating is 78. I checked Hyde in my Niners CFM and his was 87...and even he got subbed-out.

So, I decided to fire my coach Bradley in my Jags CFM and hired a game-generated coach. Double-checked all of the settings and fired-up my next game. Four straight carries and guess what, Yeldon got subbed-out. I then saw Miller get subbed-out for Ajayi for the Dolphins (so no subs for CPU backs in my game against the Panthers).

I believe what is happening is that if you use an Owner and keep the default coach....they are reverting to their "normal" autosub settings of 49/50 (instead of the 60/80 you set in the CFM) and as such, your CFM opponent is using 49/50 too (making them game easier as well). However, if you hire a game-generated coach, he will use whatever autosub settings you set within the CFM (and in theory, like in a coach CFM, the CPU will use them also).

Long story short, if you go with an Owner CFM, you need to fire your coach and bring in a game-generated coach to get the autosubs (and god knows what else) to work correctly.

Josh I created my Owner CFM, then started the game and went to fire my coach and I hired some guy that was level 30 or whatever (he had no picture so I assume he was generated). But I checked my auto subs and they were still at 49/50. Do I have to manually put them back to 60/80? Or did I do something wrong?

Edit: I forgot to manually edit the auto subs AFTER i created my CFM.

Oh and by the way, there's an option to start in the preseason or skip it? Which one am i supposed to do? Does it matter?

Last edited by extremeskins04; 05-30-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:23 PM   #2372
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Josh I created my Owner CFM, then started the game and went to fire my coach and I hired some guy that was level 30 or whatever (he had no picture so I assume he was generated). But I checked my auto subs and they were still at 49/50. Do I have to manually put them back to 60/80? Or did I do something wrong?

Edit: I forgot to manually edit the auto subs AFTER i created my CFM.

Oh and by the way, there's an option to start in the preseason or skip it? Which one am i supposed to do? Does it matter?
Yeah, you have to manually art the subs. Whether you shop preseason or not does not matter.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #2373
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah, you have to manually art the subs. Whether you shop preseason or not does not matter.
Ok cool thanks man. Yea I'm starting a new Jags franchise to see if I can rebuild them. One thing I usually do is check each of my players playstyles and schemes and I change the team schemes to match my players and THEN I build around that particular scheme.

So I'll draft players or dabble in FA if they have the right matching schemes and are decent players.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:47 PM   #2374
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
PLEASE READ THIS POST!!!

Guys....a big discovery tonight.

I started up a new CFM tonight with the Jags using a created owner. Well, things felt very different than my Niners coach CFM and I thumped the Panthers 31-10. I double-checked every single setting in my MM and CFM settings...everything was as per the OP. Everything about the game was totally different.

Then I remembered that the really odd thing was that I had absolutely no subbing at all (where I had some in my Niners coach CFM)...even the CPU. It got me wondering if something was borking the autosubs.

I checked the stamina rating of Yeldon (who had 30+ carries but was never subbed-out)...his stamina rating is 78. I checked Hyde in my Niners CFM and his was 87...and even he got subbed-out.

So, I decided to fire my coach Bradley in my Jags CFM and hired a game-generated coach. Double-checked all of the settings and fired-up my next game. Four straight carries and guess what, Yeldon got subbed-out. I then saw Miller get subbed-out for Ajayi for the Dolphins (so no subs for CPU backs in my game against the Panthers).

I believe what is happening is that if you use an Owner and keep the default coach....they are reverting to their "normal" autosub settings of 49/50 (instead of the 60/80 you set in the CFM) and as such, your CFM opponent is using 49/50 too (making them game easier as well). However, if you hire a game-generated coach, he will use whatever autosub settings you set within the CFM (and in theory, like in a coach CFM, the CPU will use them also).

Long story short, if you go with an Owner CFM, you need to fire your coach and bring in a game-generated coach to get the autosubs (and god knows what else) to work correctly.
Just want to make sure that i'm correct on this. Is a generate coach the guys without a picture? I always do CFM owner mode so I just wanna make sure I get it right.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #2375
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Just want to make sure that i'm correct on this. Is a generate coach the guys without a picture? I always do CFM owner mode so I just wanna make sure I get it right.
Yes, its the guys without pics.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:08 PM   #2376
Banned

If I had to gripe.. Through four games Suh has 2 lonely tackles. 99% of the time he gets pushed back five yards by 65-75 ovr guards. Same with 87ovr Ray McDonald as DT.

That's the only frustrating part... My d-line gets owned hard and runs and passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »