JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #17
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

After some extensive testing tonight, I have decided to settle on an AP/AP/AP setup. All Madden presents a nice challenge and unlike past years, I don't see the warping issues. However, I think that All Pro provides a good challenge without the User coverage being so horribly handicapped that the CPU completes an insane number of passes.

This setup is a combination of Armor & Sword's terrific set, Playmakers' "low TAK" approach, and some tweaks of my own (primarily to the block sliders).

The setup is as follows:

Quarter Length: 13 minutes/15 second run-off
Normal Speed, or higher (this is critical in my opinion to getting a proper challenge on All Pro)
Threshold: 40

Gameplay Sliders User/Cpu

QB Acc: 40/45
Pass Blk: 35/43
WR ctch: 60/60
Run blk: 15/40
Fumbles: 40/45
Reaction TM: 56/50
INT: 35/35
Pass Cov: 56/50
TKL: 25/35

Special Teams

FG Power: 50
FG ACC: 42
Punt Power:42
Punt Acc: 50
KO Power: 50

Penalties/Autosubs: using Armor & Sword's (but use whatever you want)

Things I am Looking at:
  • An ideal setting for the WRC settings with the lower TAK. Armor & Swords' setting of 65/65 favors the offense too much with the lower TAK sliders. I think 60/60 will give 50:50 balls a real 50:50 feel (depending on relative ratings)
  • Fine-tuning the block sliders. I love User RBK at 15...it presents a challenge but also looks more realistic. I tried a lower setting for CPU, so we could get more of a dynamic lineplay system - but their running game couldn't compensate.
  • Threshold. The setting of 40 feels pretty darn good. Tried 50, but it doesn't seem to allow for the burst the CPU needs in the run game. There may be more of a "sweet spot" in between - we'll see.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #18
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
After some extensive testing tonight, I have decided to settle on an AP/AP/AP setup. All Madden presents a nice challenge and unlike past years, I don't see the warping issues. However, I think that All Pro provides a good challenge without the User coverage being so horribly handicapped that the CPU completes an insane number of passes.

This setup is a combination of Armor & Sword's terrific set, Playmakers' "low TAK" approach, and some tweaks of my own (primarily to the block sliders).

The setup is as follows:

Quarter Length: 13 minutes/15 second run-off
Normal Speed, or higher (this is critical in my opinion to getting a proper challenge on All Pro)
Threshold: 40

Gameplay Sliders User/Cpu

QB Acc: 40/45
Pass Blk: 35/43
WR ctch: 60/60
Run blk: 15/40
Fumbles: 40/45
Reaction TM: 56/50
INT: 35/35
Pass Cov: 56/50
TKL: 25/35

Special Teams

FG Power: 50
FG ACC: 42
Punt Power:42
Punt Acc: 50
KO Power: 50

Penalties/Autosubs: using Armor & Sword's (but use whatever you want)

Things I am Looking at:
  • An ideal setting for the WRC settings with the lower TAK. Armor & Swords' setting of 65/65 favors the offense too much with the lower TAK sliders. I think 60/60 will give 50:50 balls a real 50:50 feel (depending on relative ratings)
  • Fine-tuning the block sliders. I love User RBK at 15...it presents a challenge but also looks more realistic. I tried a lower setting for CPU, so we could get more of a dynamic lineplay system - but their running game couldn't compensate.
  • Threshold. The setting of 40 feels pretty darn good. Tried 50, but it doesn't seem to allow for the burst the CPU needs in the run game. There may be more of a "sweet spot" in between - we'll see.
I really like what you have here josh. I am going to apply the run blocking, tackle slider, pass block, and with normal game speed. Leave everything as what A & S has. I am having a hard time to get a good running game generate for both sides. Almost all my games I have kept all CPU running backs In check. I have played Doug Martin, Adrian Peterson, Danny woodhead. None of them have ran above 70 yards. I hope this can help this issue. If so I got a solid set.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #19
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I really like what you have here josh. I am going to apply the run blocking, tackle slider, pass block, and with normal game speed. Leave everything as what A & S has. I am having a hard time to get a good running game generate for both sides. Almost all my games I have kept all CPU running backs In check. I have played Doug Martin, Adrian Peterson, Danny woodhead. None of them have ran above 70 yards. I hope this can help this issue. If so I got a solid set.

Sounds like a good plan. I just played Indy using the Bills and had a great game, winning on an 80 yard TD pass to Goodwin as time expired (perfect coverage, one bad tackle attempt, and he was gone). Gore finished with 103 yards on 25 carries - McCoy struggled big time....CPU TAK slider still feeling a little high, but we'll see.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #20
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Sounds like a good plan. I just played Indy using the Bills and had a great game, winning on an 80 yard TD pass to Goodwin as time expired (perfect coverage, one bad tackle attempt, and he was gone). Gore finished with 103 yards on 25 carries - McCoy struggled big time....CPU TAK slider still feeling a little high, but we'll see.
Dang man. I still have to see that happen in my games. I am lucky to see a CPU running back above 65 yards lately. I think the tak slider might be like last year Madden, I had it at 30 always.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #21
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

I am test 33 CPU tak. I want to find a good balance for the slider. Trying to find a solid and finalize slider set. I'll be back with details

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 03:54 PM   #22
Rookie

cjhunter316's Arena

Played a bit with your sliders, Josh. Not enough to get a good feel though. Hoping to get a few games in later to get a good feel and to really see how it plays out on the field.

And I might be able to stream a few games this afternoon/evening.

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #23
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I am test 33 CPU tak. I want to find a good balance for the slider. Trying to find a solid and finalize slider set. I'll be back with details

Well the nice thing about All Pro is that the sliders are MUCH more forgiving to individuals tweaking things to taste.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #24
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Making one change to the set.....going with 50 threshold. Big plays will still happen, but it has really cleaned-up some issues with the user run game and some odd pass distribution by the CPU (I think due to speed disparity between LBs and TEs at 40).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »