JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 301 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #2401
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
I can't use no accel either (providing you are talking about play clock). Games just seem so long and dragged out even though I realize it's probably the same time frame. HEY--I wonder if accelerated time clock has anything to do with higher scoring/more yardage games?? Just a thought.
(I just processed....)

Whoa!!! Hold on a second....having you been playing this whole time with acc clock turned on? If so, I'll bet money that has been your problem with high scoring. I remember when we switched over to no acc clock that the games felt tighter and more real.

That may or may not be the case now....give both a try...but my gut says you'll like the results and outcomes better with it off. It's all mental, games aren't longer, it's the same daggone number of plays (FWIW, I think games feel longer with acc clock on...lol).
Old 06-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #2402
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

Ya Josh, this is exactly what I've been thinking. I've played enough games now with accel on, i should notice any differences when i test accel off. I will play extensively this weekend and let you know.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:11 AM   #2403
Rookie

bradypunch's Arena

Just tried ur 13 min 18 accel suggestion and high scoring games no more. 15 15 was a bit too much imo. and 8 or 9 without accel just doesn't seem plausible and not realistic. My one problem is when I look at season stats demarco Murray always has tons of carries compared with other. I can't seem to have Stankey or Henry sub in for him. I set the subs and I set the fatigue 58 still no subbing only til he gets real tired which ain't often. He was subbed out once the whole game and wen 214 for 32
Old 06-05-2016, 02:04 AM   #2404
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradypunch
Just tried ur 13 min 18 accel suggestion and high scoring games no more. 15 15 was a bit too much imo. and 8 or 9 without accel just doesn't seem plausible and not realistic. My one problem is when I look at season stats demarco Murray always has tons of carries compared with other. I can't seem to have Stankey or Henry sub in for him. I set the subs and I set the fatigue 58 still no subbing only til he gets real tired which ain't often. He was subbed out once the whole game and wen 214 for 32
If memory serves, Murray has a REALLY high stamina rating...that is a definite factor. Also, I played with 58 fatigue, I don't see much difference between 50 and 58 with regards to subs. I did start to see more of a difference at 60 though.

If you're dead-set on using acc clock, I always found that 12-13 minutes with 18 second runoff always gave me that 120-130 play count we want (just like 9 minutes with no acc clock does).

Enjoy...
Old 06-05-2016, 03:39 AM   #2405
Rookie

bradypunch's Arena

Thanks I'll try that setting sounds better.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #2406
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

So after playing a few games this weekend, I truly could not notice much difference in game play between accel clock and no accel clock. I can say, I did not enjoy the no accel as much. But this is strictly a personal preference.

I did find something that has been mentioned in the thread before. The Facemask penalty slider has a dramatic effect on the game. I bumped it up to 56 and really enjoyed the results. Pass coverage is MUCH tighter and even more DB animations. Just seems like players are fighting for and tipping/knocking the ball out more. This in turn led to lower scoring/less yardage games that I have been looking for. Sure I may have a few more penalties called, but it's really not that drastic. To be honest here, I would have to say I wasn't getting enough penalties beforehand.

I know Josh has expressed the strength of this slider and I have to agree It has brought more fun & defense to my games. My next test is turning Facemask to 45MM/56 CFM.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #2407
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Good stuff Rubio. Question,did you notice the CPU doing more dumpoffs with the higher facemask setting? My concern is ensuring that the CPU is still readily involving their outside guys.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #2408
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

I really was looking out for stuff like that. I.E. the CPU passing game suffering from dump-offs and attempt under 10 yards consistently. I did not see that much. Now I must reveal I started the Facemask slider and 58 and worked my way down. 58 & 57 were far too many penalties. The passing game was a bit too cautious and it seemed as though I recorded more sacks due to the delay of the CPU QB. I tried it at 55 and it began to "loosen" the defense again. 56 seemed like a great point where the CPU was still taking shots down field but the defense was nice and tight.

I also noticed that too many CPU long passes were still being hauled in by the receivers. Actually, a lot of MY long passes were being caught even in double and triple coverage. When I bumped the Facemask to 56, many of these passes are being broken up, again leading to lower completion % leading to more punting--lower yards/score. I still am monitoring the Int rate.

I am really curious though since this and threshold seem to be the most powerful, what a 40 or 45 in the Main Menu and a 56 in the CPU would bring to us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »