Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #2441
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Come to think of it, this IS Josh's thread exclusively dedicated to the default 50 sliders. It is not right to clutter his thread. Carry on...LOL
As you pointed out, we are near the end of the cycle anyways. Feel free to post anything you find.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #2442
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

Will do Josh.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #2443
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work. I have 4 kids now so my days of testing and testing are over. Glad someone is still able to.

I'm using default All Madden with the Auto Sub and penalty settings you came up with and I'm getting great games.

I'm 7-1 with a 94 overall Dallas team that I'm in year two of controlling.

Things are playing out realistic. If I take care of the ball and play to my strengths I have a great chance to win.

The last game I played I had 3 turnovers to the Eagles 0 and lost 27-20 at home. Murray had 26 carries for over 150. He was really challenging to stop.

It's not that way every game though. I was 1 in the league against the run and #1 in total defense going into the game.

My defense is stacked and I play ball control offense so being #1 in D has been realistic in how it's played out.

It's possible to stop the CPU on All Madden contrary to popular belief.

Anyway thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #2444
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Charter,

I think it is awesome as to how well All Madden seems to be working for you with this setup. I'm not totally surprised as I think most of the tweaks we made here really apply to All Madden as well (like tightening coverage and so on).

I'd be interested in seeing how your seasonal stats compare to those you accumulated (and posted previously) using a pure default AM setup.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:51 PM   #2445
Pro

OVR: 1

Question regarding time and the sim engine...I know a little bit ago there was a discussion about which was better -- 9 min. with no accelerated clock and 13 min. with 18 sec. run down. I was curious if anyone can confirm if changing the clock impacts the sim engine stats for the entire season.

The reason I ask is because I'm currently using a pure All 50 (except INJ) out-of-the-box set with 9 min., no accelerated clock for coach mode. The games are great and varied, but when getting within 120-130 plays, there's just a bit too much offensive yards gained with both pass and run (compared to real NFL stats). Yet when I checked out how other teams were doing by the end of the season, the overall offensive stats were much higher than real life. In other words, I was pretty much in line with how the rest of the league was doing...the entire league was a bit inflated compared to real life stats.

So I wondered, if I change the time limit of games, would that also impact the sim engine? Can I get less yardage throughout the league by changing the clock of my games?

I simmed two seasons...one with the 9 min. set up and one with a 13 min. 17 sec. set up (in both CFM and MM settings). Offensive yardage was lower across all stats for the latter 13 min. setup by 15-20 yards per statistical category and points were lower by 2. I'm going to run some more tests later, but I was curious if anyone knows for a fact that changing the time impacts the sim engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #2446
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Question regarding time and the sim engine...I know a little bit ago there was a discussion about which was better -- 9 min. with no accelerated clock and 13 min. with 18 sec. run down. I was curious if anyone can confirm if changing the clock impacts the sim engine stats for the entire season.

The reason I ask is because I'm currently using a pure All 50 (except INJ) out-of-the-box set with 9 min., no accelerated clock for coach mode. The games are great and varied, but when getting within 120-130 plays, there's just a bit too much offensive yards gained with both pass and run (compared to real NFL stats). Yet when I checked out how other teams were doing by the end of the season, the overall offensive stats were much higher than real life. In other words, I was pretty much in line with how the rest of the league was doing...the entire league was a bit inflated compared to real life stats.

So I wondered, if I change the time limit of games, would that also impact the sim engine? Can I get less yardage throughout the league by changing the clock of my games?

I simmed two seasons...one with the 9 min. set up and one with a 13 min. 17 sec. set up (in both CFM and MM settings). Offensive yardage was lower across all stats for the latter 13 min. setup by 15-20 yards per statistical category and points were lower by 2. I'm going to run some more tests later, but I was curious if anyone knows for a fact that changing the time impacts the sim engine.
I've never done any sort of sim stat testing...so really not sure. It's a good question though....
Old 06-18-2016, 08:05 PM   #2447
Pro

OVR: 1

I guess what ultimately I'm getting to with my question is if the game time setting impacts game play. I mean, if someone plays a season with 8 min. versus 13 mins., one would think the sim engine would have to compensate. Which then makes me wonder if in the same situation, if you have less time, then would the game "open up" a bit so you can get more yards in a shorter amount of time? Again, just spit balling here. Random ruminations, if you will...
Old 06-20-2016, 09:09 PM   #2448
Pro

OVR: 0

Do you think the game would feel more fluid at fast game speed?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »