JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 308 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #2457
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Josh, per my earlier post about time, I did a quick test, and I thought you might be interested.

First, I wanted to see if changing the game time had an impact on the sim engine stats. After simming 4 seasons using 4 different times (including ones with accelerated clock), I saw no statistical difference in the sim engine results. So, it does not appear that changing the game time impacts the sim engine.

So then I thought, well if that's the case, then perhaps the game clock impacts the game play. In other words, increasing time limits yardage, while decreasing time opens up the game. The point being that the game adjusts to try and keep with "normal" stats.

I had around 20+ games worth of data at your 9 min., no accelerated clock. Those stats using all default sliders in coach mode kept in line with the sim engine (which is a bit higher than real-life NFL stats, BTW). Then I played 5 games using 15 min. with a 15 second run off. And wow, what a difference. There were still instances of high offensive yardage, but both USER and CPU were averaging almost 100 offensive yards less a game and average yards per play was down from 6+ to 5. Play count stayed within 125-130, too. There were less big plays and broken tackles, although less INTs and fumbles, too. However, two things I noticed that I didn't like: I didn't see any penalties other than the occasional false start; and there was really no subbing. Also, I never lost a game...even when the CPU out played me by 200+ more offensive yards.

Overall, if you're looking for less yardage, more defensive games, increasing the play clock might be the answer (again, I only tested out one time set up for 5 games, so hardly a thorough study). However, given the lack of subs and penalties, easier games, and that it doesn't keep up with the sim engine, I think I'm going to stick with the 9 min. no accelerated clock.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:45 AM   #2458
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

I strictly only use 13 min 16 sec run off and I constantly get high scoring games with a ton of total yardage. I even tried to ground and pound, but still get the total yardage between 800-950.

I also get plenty of penalties too with subbing & turnovers.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #2459
Pro

OVR: 14

I played 2 games using these sliders. Not sure if I have everything right. I see several facemask penalties a game and most tackles seem big hit variety. Doesn't seem very fluid. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #2460
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Just played the first game of the "2016" season

I downloaded a roster with updated moves and rookies, and it still played great

I lost as the Ravens @ Denver 34-27

I had the ball on the 2 yard line with 17 seconds and 3rd down. Denvers D came up with 2 consecutive pass break ups. Nerve racking stuff.

Denvers D also had 2 pick six

I out gained them about 470-380

They outrushed me 135-110

Turnovers were 2-1 in favor of Denver

What roster was it and is it for Xbox?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #2461
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
What roster was it and is it for Xbox?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

It's for PS4 my friend. I'm sure there's one out there for the XBOX though.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #2462
MVP

tc020791's Arena

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, per my earlier post about time, I did a quick test, and I thought you might be interested.

First, I wanted to see if changing the game time had an impact on the sim engine stats. After simming 4 seasons using 4 different times (including ones with accelerated clock), I saw no statistical difference in the sim engine results. So, it does not appear that changing the game time impacts the sim engine.

So then I thought, well if that's the case, then perhaps the game clock impacts the game play. In other words, increasing time limits yardage, while decreasing time opens up the game. The point being that the game adjusts to try and keep with "normal" stats.

I had around 20+ games worth of data at your 9 min., no accelerated clock. Those stats using all default sliders in coach mode kept in line with the sim engine (which is a bit higher than real-life NFL stats, BTW). Then I played 5 games using 15 min. with a 15 second run off. And wow, what a difference. There were still instances of high offensive yardage, but both USER and CPU were averaging almost 100 offensive yards less a game and average yards per play was down from 6+ to 5. Play count stayed within 125-130, too. There were less big plays and broken tackles, although less INTs and fumbles, too. However, two things I noticed that I didn't like: I didn't see any penalties other than the occasional false start; and there was really no subbing. Also, I never lost a game...even when the CPU out played me by 200+ more offensive yards.

Overall, if you're looking for less yardage, more defensive games, increasing the play clock might be the answer (again, I only tested out one time set up for 5 games, so hardly a thorough study). However, given the lack of subs and penalties, easier games, and that it doesn't keep up with the sim engine, I think I'm going to stick with the 9 min. no accelerated clock.

I thought that my first two games were just anomalies because they were both high scoring and very high yardage. Both myself and my opponent were averaging 6+ yards per play. I chalked this up to me playing good offenses, and getting down early in both games.

Game 1
34-27 L @ Denver
Yards 470-380

Game 2
30-24 L @ Oakland
Yards 470 - 430

This is HALFTIME of game 3
Flacco (me) is 9/11 , 250yds, 2td
Dalton has 250+ Pass yards

Once again this only at HALFTIME
66 Plays have been ran, combined

Old 06-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #2463
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

This is why I strongly recommend not using a downloaded roster...the pass rush gets nerfed because traits don't work property and without pressure, you get a lot more offense.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:30 AM   #2464
Rookie

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

I just played 10 games with these and thought that I would share my thoughts.

First off, I wanted to say that these are amazing. Thank you so much to Josh for these. I am going to cover all aspects of the game for both user and CPU from my experience.

Passing: For the user, I get great variety. I had Mettenberger with the 49ers in year 1 and he played great. He would get into the 300's in yardage gunslinger style and throw about a pick a game. It didn't seem to easy at all, but the yardage did rack up. For the CPU, it was even better. I had a game where they threw for 400, many with 300 and I even had one game where Wilson threw for 175 and 4 tds, all four coming in the first half. The variety was great. I would also have some games where I would get 2-3 ints. I ended up playing the odd numbered weeks and swimming the evens, and realistically finishing last in pass defense. This is realistic. I was in the middle in pass offense. Back to the user, Mettenberger got hurt (more in that later) and my other qbs dropped of for sure. I liked it, and the difficulty was good, but I think the yards racked up too much. Btw I only call plays for defense. I also do use the preseason rosters. I followed all the instructions to a t.

Running: This is where there are some slight issues. User run game is too easy. I get 100 yards rushing every game if I try to. I always average over 5 ypc. I like that I do get stuffed some times against good defenses, but I still rip off too many big gains. It is still fine. The part that I least like with the sliders is the cpu run game, but it isn't a result of the sliders because all sets are like this for me. In my first test game that didn't count for the franchise, AP rushed for 150 on me. The two times I faced the Seahawks Lynch ran for 100, and Stewart also ran for 100. Besides that, most runners had around 20-25 carries with anywhere from 40-65 yards. The yardage so wasn't awful, but the 49ers run defense isn't all that good. Also, the carries were way to many for them to not have that many yards. Also, the 100 yard games were mostly a result of one big gain. Lynch was the only one to beat me consistently, but AP and Stewart each had one huge run and for the rest of the game acted just like the other backs: around 2 ypc. The run game in this game is broken, and it isn't the sliders fault. Btw I was in the middle of the pack in the league for run offense mainly due to my Carries going to one back for the most part, and my run d was near the top.

Penalties: A little too many facemasks at times. Also the game sometimes feels rigged on my side as the CPU gets sooooo many long tds reversed to the point where I almost want to decline the penalty. However, I do get realistic yards occasionally this way. Just wanted to touch on that quickly.

Autosubs fatigue and injuries: these all kind of go together. The fatigue certainly shows up. Running backs get tired after big work loads. The problem is that the teams keep feeding them and don't sub them out, resulting in injuries or ineffectiveness, which isn't that different tbh because the rbs are ineffective anyway for CPU. Doesn't show up as much for me because I don't spam run like the games AI is unfortunately programmed to do this year. Auto subs do happen at rb (which is real,y the only position I care about for them) but they are random and not fatigue based. I don't think that there are enough non contact injuries because most injuries are offensive players on hits, but that is just the game. I do like that qbs are injured a lot if you take hits with them. It makes you really have to avoid contact. Also I like that if your rb is tired you have to stop running or else you might have an injury. I learned that the hard way in week one.

Clock: lastly I wanted to touch on the 9 min no accelerate clock setting. I like it and dislike it. On one hand it gives very realistic stats, but on the other hand it gives way too many snaps. I think it is worth it tho. I haven't done any tests in if it affects auto subs.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience greatly. It (the sliders) really enhances the game. Most of the issues stated are issues with the game and not with the sliders, and these sliders fix many issues in the game. I went 6-4 with these (it might have been 5-5 but I don't remember) and am having a blast with madden right now. I will for sure be exclusively using your sliders in madden 17 and beyond.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »