Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2016, 12:23 PM   #2505
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Hey picker. I tried a pure default AP setup last night (and I mean all assists on, inuries at 50, etc.) and something definitely felt off. There were good things like a ton of variety in passes/pass accuracy, good pass rush for both sides and so on. But, pass coverage was inconsistent (too wide open, especially on PA) and the tackling had no 'pop' to it (virtually all wrap-up animations which left very little variety for broken tackles or missed tackles). The odd thing was that I was playing SF and they had no run game....not that they didn't run well, but they barely tried to run...which may have just been a fluke. By mid-way in the second quarter, Kaep had thrown three picks (all offline throws, which I liked and which felt 'real') and I was up 31-7....and just rage quit (yes, I 'rage quit' when I am winning big...call me weird).

I don't care if you're on coach mode or player mode, default AP with no penalty adjustments is not going to fly with this new patch. You should seriously try the OP set again for coach mode....alternatively, you can try bumping-up DPI and Facemask to where I have them in the OP. The DPI will help with the coverage issues and the facemask will bring back that variety in tackling, which may be just enough to spring that run game.

To your injuriy slider question...I've seen a fair number of injuries....but it's apples to oranges between what you're using and what I am using in the OP setup. You're getting too many wrap-up animations on a pure default setup....you're just not going to see enough big hits to cause higher numbers of injuries.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 07-29-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #2506
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey picker. I tried a pure default AP setup last night (and I mean all assists on, inuries at 50, etc.) and something definitely felt off. There were good things like a ton of variety in passes/pass accuracy, good pass rush for both sides and so on. But, pass coverage was inconsistent (too wide open, especially on PA) and the tackling had no 'pop' to it (virtually all wrap-up animations which left very little variety for broken tackles or missed tackles). The odd thing was that I was playing SF and they had no run game....not that they didn't run well, but they barely tried to run...which may have just been a fluke. By mid-way in the second quarter, Kaep had thrown three picks (all offline throws, which I liked and which felt 'real') and I was up 31-7....and just rage quit (yes, I 'rage quit' when I am winning big...call me weird).

I don't care if you're on coach mode or player mode, default AP with no penalty adjustments is not going to fly with this new patch. You should seriously try the OP set again for coach mode....alternatively, you can try bumping-up DPI and Facemask to where I have them in the OP. The DPI will help with the coverage issues and the facemask will bring back that variety in tackling, which may be just enough to spring that run game.

To your injuriy slider question...I've seen a fair number of injuries....but it's apples to oranges between what you're using and what I am using in the OP setup. You're getting too many wrap-up animations on a pure default setup....you're just not going to see enough big hits.
Josh/Picker, I am using the settings in the OP in Coach Mode and I think the game is playing great but I have not installed the latest patch. No, fatigue is not where I would like to see it but I do lot of manual substitutions so it doesn't bother me much. I could use a few more injuries but I think the lack of injuries ties directly to the lack of fatigue. I know the latest patch fixed the fatigue but the tradeoff for me is not worth it as it completely hosed up the gameplay. Right now I'm having so much fun with the game I probably won't even get 17 until we get some solid reviews about it here.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 07-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #2507
Pro

Thanks for the reply, Josh. So, you saw exactly what I have been seeing on AP default (but I shut all assists off and use INJ at 75 or 90). I don't tune into the animations like you do, but the CPU's offense is non-existent now post patch. And you hit the nail on the head about the run game. It just doesn't exist for the CPU. So, I've been "rage quitting" too! Way too easy now.

Now, in reference to your OP sliders, based on what I'm seeing, if the CPU offense now sucks, I'm assuming the penalty sliders aren't going to change that. I'm trying to figure out how to make the CPU better without going to AM, and unless you disagree, the gameplay sliders are the only thing that can probably do that, but of course, starting the house of cards thing. I am seriously bummed. I've had so much fun the past 6 months with M16, and then this last patch ruined it for me, at least on coach mode.

I so seriously envy Last Gunfighter! Wish I never downloaded the patch. But also, it might sound weird, but I wish I didn't do the uninstall/reinstall either. When the patch first downloaded, I actually lost a couple games. But I thought doing the uninstall was the "right thing to do" especially since I still had the tuner installed. Ever since I did the uninstall, I am literally demolishing every single team using the exact same slider set that I had before, where I actually had to work hard for my wins.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #2508
Pro

Hey, Josh, penalty slider question for you...so after looking over all the data I captured after the last 10 games I played, what I'm seeing is that the run game is now way more ineffective with the latest patch for both the USER and CPU, but more for the latter. I just ran a quick test where I played 2 games (only the first half of each) using CPU Run Block slider at 75 and still nothing. No difference in the outcome. After 10 games with AP default, I'm seeing CPU starting RB average 2.8 ypc/game and only getting 30-50 yards/game. USER is a little better at 3.5 ypc/game and getting between 60-80 yards/game.

I do not have your eyes for animation, but if I had to guess why there's now a big difference, is a mix between improved block shedding but also improved play reaction by the D. The LBs especially seem to swarm sooner than before. Not sure if it's PRC and PUR attributes in high gear. Again, this is just a guess.

Anyway, long story short, which penalty sliders specifically impact the run game? Holding, I assume, would increase/decrease block shedding, but what about the play reaction/pursuit? Essentially, if I want to give a boost to the run game, which penalty sliders should I focus on specifically and where would you recommend I start? Thank you!
Old 07-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #2509
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, penalty slider question for you...so after looking over all the data I captured after the last 10 games I played, what I'm seeing is that the run game is now way more ineffective with the latest patch for both the USER and CPU, but more for the latter. I just ran a quick test where I played 2 games (only the first half of each) using CPU Run Block slider at 75 and still nothing. No difference in the outcome. After 10 games with AP default, I'm seeing CPU starting RB average 2.8 ypc/game and only getting 30-50 yards/game. USER is a little better at 3.5 ypc/game and getting between 60-80 yards/game.

I do not have your eyes for animation, but if I had to guess why there's now a big difference, is a mix between improved block shedding but also improved play reaction by the D. The LBs especially seem to swarm sooner than before. Not sure if it's PRC and PUR attributes in high gear. Again, this is just a guess.

Anyway, long story short, which penalty sliders specifically impact the run game? Holding, I assume, would increase/decrease block shedding, but what about the play reaction/pursuit? Essentially, if I want to give a boost to the run game, which penalty sliders should I focus on specifically and where would you recommend I start? Thank you!
I sent you a couple of PMs yesterday. Long story short, fatigue is such a factor right now. I accidentally played a game at 75 fatigue last night....totally different experience...really sloppy. But, CPU-controlled Marshawn Lynch really had no oomph on AP. I am truly considering going with high fatigue on AM as I bide my time till M17 comes out.

For you on coach mode, I'd consider dropping fatigue a bit from default. But, raising facemask should improve the run game too as it won't be all wrap-up tackles...more broken tackles = better run game.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:46 PM   #2510
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I sent you a couple of PMs yesterday. Long story short, fatigue is such a factor right now. I accidentally played a game at 75 fatigue last night....totally different experience...really sloppy. But, CPU-controlled Marshawn Lynch really had no oomph on AP. I am truly considering going with high fatigue on AM as I bide my time till M17 comes out.

For you on coach mode, I'd consider dropping fatigue a bit from default. But, raising facemask should improve the run game too as it won't be all wrap-up tackles...more broken tackles = better run game.
Hey, just sent you a PM back. I think you are spot on. Per my earlier hypothesis, I think adding the fatigue back in as they did has really changed things up. Now, before the May patch, fatigue was there and I do recall that the CPU run game wasn't so hot, but it wasn't this bad, that's for sure. And I distinctly remember here in this thread we all were discussing how adding fatigue (you had it at 60 at least at one point) seemed to "dull" the CPU offense.

I did a quick test with Fatigue at 25 on AP (all else default; assists off), and while I did see a slightly improved run game, it wasn't anything I could rave about. But I may try it again, maybe with Fatigue at 40 or something like that (25 was way too low...everyone remained blue forever). I will also think about your other suggestions in the PM. As always, thank you. I'm going to give this all a few more tries, and if nothing comes up, I'll just wait until M17 comes out. But it's also quite sad how even here less than a month away from the next release, I'm still wasting time fiddling with sliders.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #2511
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, just sent you a PM back. I think you are spot on. Per my earlier hypothesis, I think adding the fatigue back in as they did has really changed things up. Now, before the May patch, fatigue was there and I do recall that the CPU run game wasn't so hot, but it wasn't this bad, that's for sure. And I distinctly remember here in this thread we all were discussing how adding fatigue (you had it at 60 at least at one point) seemed to "dull" the CPU offense.

I did a quick test with Fatigue at 25 on AP (all else default; assists off), and while I did see a slightly improved run game, it wasn't anything I could rave about. But I may try it again, maybe with Fatigue at 40 or something like that (25 was way too low...everyone remained blue forever). I will also think about your other suggestions in the PM. As always, thank you. I'm going to give this all a few more tries, and if nothing comes up, I'll just wait until M17 comes out. But it's also quite sad how even here less than a month away from the next release, I'm still wasting time fiddling with sliders.
Yeah, it's annoying to be fiddling to a degree. BUT, I am keeping a lot of mental notes in preparation for M17. I pretty much know now how I am going to test and what order I am going to assess things when the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 12:48 AM   #2512
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Anyone else struggling with the new patch, I HIGHLY recommend doing a full uninstall (including the d tuner) and deleting your profile. The new patch was feeling SO easy and the reinstall with profile deletion really brought everything back to normal with the OP setup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »