JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 322 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #2569
Pro

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Awesome - I have always wondered why the default sliders were not perfect to begin with!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #2570
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Heading onto Twitch to look at some possible slider adjustments. Feel free to chat...

https://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Old 08-14-2016, 03:19 AM   #2571
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't post much but have been reading this thread throughout the year. It has improved my Madden 16 tremendously and now I feel I can give back. Ok, now what i realized is the autosubs in the main menu and in cfm affect gameplay as a whole, like already mentioned in the thread. However, the highest figure only effects gameplay, while the lower affects movement. For example, in the main menu autosubs are 80 and 60 default. Well that 80 affects that position play while the 60 affects the movement. I found this is why the running game is lacking and theres warping all over the field. The lower in both main menu and cfm you go for the 60 value, its better footplanting, less warping, running backs can run, players dont run out of bounce after catches, and most importantly the field feels 53 yards wide as oppose feeling 20. I have my 60 value at 35 in both main menu and cfm and it has done well, just remember set both main menu and cfm the 60 value adjustment. Which I cant name because they are reversed in mm and cfm. Good luck testing and Im sure knowing these details will be big for 17.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:14 PM   #2572
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318boy
I don't post much but have been reading this thread throughout the year. It has improved my Madden 16 tremendously and now I feel I can give back. Ok, now what i realized is the autosubs in the main menu and in cfm affect gameplay as a whole, like already mentioned in the thread. However, the highest figure only effects gameplay, while the lower affects movement. For example, in the main menu autosubs are 80 and 60 default. Well that 80 affects that position play while the 60 affects the movement. I found this is why the running game is lacking and theres warping all over the field. The lower in both main menu and cfm you go for the 60 value, its better footplanting, less warping, running backs can run, players dont run out of bounce after catches, and most importantly the field feels 53 yards wide as oppose feeling 20. I have my 60 value at 35 in both main menu and cfm and it has done well, just remember set both main menu and cfm the 60 value adjustment. Which I cant name because they are reversed in mm and cfm. Good luck testing and Im sure knowing these details will be big for 17.
(been working all day, so finally settling down to relax a bit)

I love stuff like this and it isn't too far off what I have heard from another forumite via PM. But the "movement" piece is new to me. Can you be a bit more specific as to what exactly you mean here. Is it faster, slower, better lateral movement, or something else. What correlation have you observed? I have a pretty good idea in my head, but would like to hear it from you
Old 08-15-2016, 12:17 AM   #2573
Pro

Just loaded the game up. It's asking me to download a tuner update. Should I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #2574
Rookie

Dang I typed 2 big paragraphs and it dint save, well in a shorter explanation you will see and feel the difference, try it. Madden plays at a sorta iceskate-like speed, which results in bad running holes because the dline warps to make tackles. This is why the cpu running game and qbs just kinda play unsure. You observed it yourself like how you mentioned on the first page qbs autosubs affect their aggression, you were right but only the 80 value does that and the 60 adjust their movement. For example, qbs with a default 60 or more move with a iceskate feel resulting in less footplanting and more outrageously off target passes. Less value equals footplanting and the cpu will rip you apart and make you adjust your sliders. Same thing for the cpu running backs, with all the iceskate feel the cpu is unsure which holes to hit because the dline can be anywhere at almost anytime. Just dont forget to make sure every position 60 value number is the same or you will get a uneven crazy game with some positions footplanting and others not. I also noticed you can create the same tight defense feel with the facemask penalty without a increase in it being called by only adjusting the penalty in the main menu. This is the same for all penaltys like roughing the passer (which creates more pressure especially to the human, but also opens up other calls such as unnecessary roughness, if adjusted in cfm.)

Last edited by 318boy; 08-15-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #2575
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318boy
Dang I typed 2 big paragraphs and it dint save, well in a shorter explanation you will see and feel the difference, try it. Madden plays at a sorta iceskate-like speed, which results in bad running holes because the dline warps to make tackles. This is why the cpu running game and qbs just kinda play unsure. You observed it yourself like how you mentioned on the first page qbs autosubs affect their aggression, you were right but only the 80 value does that and the 60 adjust their movement. For example, qbs with a default 60 or more move with a iceskate feel resulting in less footplanting and more outrageously off target passes. Less value equals footplanting and the cpu will rip you apart and make you adjust your sliders. Same thing for the cpu running backs, with all the iceskate feel the cpu is unsure which holes to hit because the dline can be anywhere at almost anytime. Just dont forget to make sure every position 60 value number is the same or you will get a uneven crazy game with some positions footplanting and others not. I also noticed you can create the same tight defense feel with the facemask penalty without a increase in it being called by only adjusting the penalty in the main menu. This is the same for all penaltys like roughing the passer (which creates more pressure especially to the human, but also opens up other calls such as unnecessary roughness, if adjusted in cfm.)
Great find, I'm going to try this when I get home. I'll start at 0/100 and work my way from there for my sliders. This is very interesting.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:49 AM   #2576
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

318boy...very good find on the autosubs. I concur with your assessment...footplanting is much better and gameplay looks much cleaner. It also comes at a great time, as thanks to another forumite, I can now say that I have blocking a lot closer to where I want it....

In the below picture, I have updated my updated sliders. I'm still playing with a couple of values, but this is pretty close to what I am looking for. Why now with M17 right around the corner? A) people will still keep playing this and B) I truly believe that we may be able to utilize many of these concepts in M17.

Most of the changes are pretty mundane, tweaks to offsides, false start, and holding within CFM to enhance blocking dynamics. Turning heat seeker on has also provided a little extra oomph.

The big changes come courtesy of michapop9, who sent me a series of PMs over the weekend. We've known for a long time that special teams sliders affect gameplay. Michapop9 did some study and unraveled what they do. Long story short, the MM sliders impact gameplay in some weird ways (MM sliders DO NOT affect the actual kicking game!!!). Quick summary:

FG Power: Affects QB pocket behavior. Low values, they will sit in the pocket and pick you apart - even guys that have 'balanced' scrambling behavior. High values, they scramble more. I still like the balance at default as players behave more to their tendency.

FG Acc: The higher, the more effective blocking is. We want to improve line blocking dynamics, not make it 'stickier'. Dropped this one down.

Punt Power: The higher, the more aggressive the defense is. You're not seeing consistent pocket formation, jack this one up high and you will. I've looked as high as 99 and it is more than viable with this setup...as I collect more data, I am leaving at 75 for now. This is the value most likely to change.

Punt Accuracy: If this affects anything, it is very subtle. Leaving it alone.

Kickoff Power: The higher the value, the more reactive pass coverage is. This is the big one for the footplanting setup with the lower "Out" value for autosubs. At the default 60 'Out', it was pretty 'warpy' when KOP was high....the better footplanting has cleaned that up nicely. I have thus set it at 99.

I REALLY want feedback here....this feedback may assist greatly in allowing us to get a M17 slider set out quickly as I want to use a similar approach. Watching a lot of the M17 vids, I see a lot of the same 'issues' I see on default M16. If that is the case, then the 'fixes' should (I REALLY hope) be the same.

Here is the set...the OP is updated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (41.2 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-16-2016 at 02:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »