JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 33 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #257
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Brother that is a ROSTER issue I have run into. Its not a game play as there is PLENTY of pop. For example:

Madden seems to be affected by the Good idea fairy, and it certainly kills them for this reason...the TRAITS...I hate their logic because it counters the AWR rating and such. The following traits are jacked up for 98% of the defensive players and it kills the game for us:

Strip (no) (yes)
Big hitter (no) (yes)
Play ball (normal/conservative) aggressive
LB type (balance) if 3-4 OLB I put pass rusher
SPIN/SWIM use (no) DE yes DT swim move LB swim DB swim
Penalty DB (normal/disciplined) undisciplined
High Motor (no) yes

I also put all RB and WR/TE as fight for yards and RAC...another biggie

These are poorly done IMO. In parenthesis is what I have seen. In red is what I have changed the vast amount of players to and its a HUGE...and I mean HUGE night and day difference.

I have already done this for all teams and I am getting HAMMERED the right way for mistakes and what not. Played as the Texans vs. chiefs and pass rush was intense against houstons crap line and I threw 4 picks that were actually GREAT plays on their part as it was deflection picks from peters and berry. Not unhappy at all
Makes sense.. Wish I had the patience to go through and make all the changes..
Old 10-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #258
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Brother that is a ROSTER issue I have run into. Its not a game play as there is PLENTY of pop. For example:

Madden seems to be affected by the Good idea fairy, and it certainly kills them for this reason...the TRAITS...I hate their logic because it counters the AWR rating and such. The following traits are jacked up for 98% of the defensive players and it kills the game for us:

Strip (no) (yes)
Big hitter (no) (yes)
High Motor (no) yes

These are poorly done IMO. In parenthesis is what I have seen. In red is what I have changed the vast amount of players to and its a HUGE...and I mean HUGE night and day difference.

I have already done this for all teams and I am getting HAMMERED the right way for mistakes and what not. Played as the Texans vs. chiefs and pass rush was intense against houstons crap line and I threw 4 picks that were actually GREAT plays on their part as it was deflection picks from peters and berry. Not unhappy at all
Are you on the ps4 and are your rosters available to download, cheers m8 I need something to spark with all pro.
Nevermind found them in the roster thread cheers

Last edited by Rjrosco; 10-09-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #259
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Strip (no) (yes)
Big hitter (no) (yes)
High Motor (no) yes

I don't doubt that the game rosters play a role (I am still convinced that the pocket passer scrambling too much issue is due to a bugged trait).

However, there are still some fundamental game engine issues at default that have to be fixed which roster traits will not properly address. Default blocking is one of them (blockers do not dis-engage properly so you get no second level blocking) and suction tackling is another. I feel that both have been fixed with the slider settings I am looking at - will post them sometime this weekend. Any trait adjustments to a roster will simply be icing on the cake.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #260
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Updated Set Below....

The basic premise here is that I believe that default gameplay is the best way to go. Default AP plays terrific except for two issues:
  1. Suction tackling....every tackle is a big ole bear hug....just way too much wrap up and not enough arm tackle attempts.
  2. Suction lineplay....absolutely no block shed at all. This is critical to get both a proper pass rush and second-level blocking.
CJ and I have been testing behind the scenes and I think that this setup is ready for an extended trial run. CPU Comp % may appear a bit high but look at real life....about half of the NFL QBs are at or above 65% and 8 QBs are above 70%. We'll allow things to settle-in for a week or two and get some extended play in....again....the idea is to keep as much close to default as possible.

Game Options

TUNER DELETED!!! Gameplay is much better without it....

Skill Level (Intro/Main/CFM): All Pro/All Pro/All Pro
Game Speed: Normal
Helps: off but, optional
Quarter Length: 12 (Or what ever you want)
Minimum Play Clock Time: 18 seconds (Or what ever you want)
Injuries: 70
Fatigue: 55
Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties (Key to get proper gameplay)
Offsides: 80
False Start: 80
Offensive Holding:10
  • A word here on offensive holding....we all love that penalties are now called in this year's game. The unfortunate reality is that my biggest peeve with the blocking is due to a high holding slider. At high levels, the line play becomes very 'sticky'...linemen just do a little dance. With holding set low, blocking becomes much more 'organic'...shedding occurs and blocking becomes more of a push-push mechanic than a hold-hold mechanic.
Defensive Holding:55
Facemask:45
Illegal Block ITB:50
RTP:50
Def PI: 55
Off PI: On
Kick Catch Int:On
Int Grounding: On
RTK: On
RITK: On

Gameplay Sliders User/Cpu

Pass Block 40/40
Run Block 40/40
Tackle 40/40
ALL Other settings at default

Special Teams
Old 10-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #261
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I don't doubt that the game rosters play a role (I am still convinced that the pocket passer scrambling too much issue is due to a bugged trait).

However, there are still some fundamental game engine issues at default that have to be fixed which roster traits will not properly address. Default blocking is one of them (blockers do not dis-engage properly so you get no second level blocking) and suction tackling is another. I feel that both have been fixed with the slider settings I am looking at - will post them sometime this weekend. Any trait adjustments to a roster will simply be icing on the cake.
I am firmly entrenched in the idea that it's roster related man. You can go as far as change the QB type in traits and that plays a nice role. Fellas...it's worth the time to adjust. Patience is easily attained with a bottle of peach bourbon. Lol If your on XB1 it's done for you with the week 4 update. I even went through and cut practice players and such so it's a cfm ready file. (I hated seeing high profile rookies cut.) If your on ps4...might get a crew and hammer it out in 2 to 3 hours.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #262
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
I am firmly entrenched in the idea that it's roster related man. You can go as far as change the QB type in traits and that plays a nice role. Fellas...it's worth the time to adjust. Patience is easily attained with a bottle of peach bourbon. Lol If your on XB1 it's done for you with the week 4 update. I even went through and cut practice players and such so it's a cfm ready file. (I hated seeing high profile rookies cut.) If your on ps4...might get a crew and hammer it out in 2 to 3 hours.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the traits don't contribute...but it's only a piece of the puzzle. I think roster edits such as this can enhance a slider set....but once you're a few years into a CFM, you're right back where you started to a degree. You still have to have a good slider set to get the proper "baseline" gameplay.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #263
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the traits don't contribute...but it's only a piece of the puzzle. I think roster edits such as this can enhance a slider set....but once you're a few years into a CFM, you're right back where you started to a degree. You still have to have a good slider set to get the proper "baseline" gameplay.
Yea which goes to my previous statement. I HATE...having traits. Or if you have it the way they do get rid of ratings that negatively impact each other. I don't know...EA is just makes too many decision and adds things to madden that hold it back and cripple it in some way. Although this year it's not as crippled (more like a flesh wounded animal instead of an amputated one) it still would be better if they had better people testing and bringing real ideas to the round table. Then again EA brass needs to let devs do what they do and put what they want in rather than entertain their irrelevant additions that hinder
Old 10-09-2015, 09:13 PM   #264
Rookie

cjhunter316's Arena

OVR: 0

Going to be streaming (hopefully) a few games with Josh's latest set. I've enjoyed both the feel and game play from these sliders. Seen some amazing things in a lot of areas. Blocking for both teams is much better.

http://www.twitch.tv/cjhunter316

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »