JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 34 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-10-2015, 12:00 AM   #265
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

First time playing with Lions...OMG...calvin Johnson is an absolute BEAST. I can't even BEGIN to tell ya. Most of y'all throw it up and jump ball him...he is MUCH better in open space against defenders. His stiff arm and beast mode is nasty
Old 10-10-2015, 12:47 AM   #266
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
First time playing with Lions...OMG...calvin Johnson is an absolute BEAST. I can't even BEGIN to tell ya. Most of y'all throw it up and jump ball him...he is MUCH better in open space against defenders. His stiff arm and beast mode is nasty
Just played with them too....he IS amazing....

just don't ask me about my defending of Melvin Gordon....grrr
Old 10-10-2015, 05:01 AM   #267
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just played with them too....he IS amazing....

just don't ask me about my defending of Melvin Gordon....grrr
No joke...that is a very real statement. I had just as much problems guarding Gates and rudolph the next week
Old 10-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #268
Rookie

OVR: 0

Josh, with this new slider set you still get realistic numbers and results from the CPU with these? The CPU QB ACC at 50 sorta scares me.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #269
Rookie

OVR: 4

To delete the tuner, do I simply go: customize > share & manage files > load & delete files > delete tuning. Is that all?
Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #270
Rookie

Tuner deleted

I only lasted 2 games without the tuner. Passing became very easy, coverage was almost non existant. CPU qb completion was around 90% with drew brees and cam newton. With the tuner the CPU completion is back to 65- 70. However CPU running was improved.

Going to try your penalty sliders next.

Iam running the same as your new update but sticking with human qb at 40..but with the tuner.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #271
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
To delete the tuner, do I simply go: customize > share & manage files > load & delete files > delete tuning. Is that all?
Yes that's it.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #272
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Good morning all.....cj streamed a couple of games last night using the current set and I got one in myself while watching. CJ added a couple of highlights to his twitch from the stream to show visual evidence of the blocking.

Pass Blocking: http://www.twitch.tv/cjhunter316/v/19989007

This is a nice little throw from Bortles to J. Thomas for a TD. CJ was watching the replay looking at the DB reaction and then I noticed something really cool. If you go to about the 1:20 mark of the video, CJ starts focusing in on the lineplay. Watch the left side of the line...

The RE over the LT runs a stunt initially to the LG-C gap. The LT has nothing to do. On default line settings, the RE has a good shot of getting through because the LG and C would stay engaged to their men (the "sticky" lineplay). With this setup, the LG passes off his guy to the LT and the C passes his guy to the LG. The C then picks up the stunting RE and freeing Bortles to make the pass.

Run Blocking: http://www.twitch.tv/cjhunter316/v/19988436

This is a nice little trap play by Yeldon, who makes a slight little juke to get through the gap. It's a little harder to see the difference in the run blocking on trap plays, but you can see the subtleties (start at 30 second mark for replay).

The LG comes out of his stance to run the primary "trap" block. Instead of there being a "vacuum" effect and then him holding the DT, he pops him hard and moves him out of the way. The C does his job....but notice another subtlety...he's turned to his left and has kept the DT away from the hole.

The LT actually makes the key block that springs this play. His job is to seal off the LB....and boy does he do that. But instead of just grabbing onto the LB and holding him....he really drive blocks him from the left side of the hole to the right side of the hole. If he doesn't do that, the LB would be on the inside of the run lane and might have a chance to trip up Yeldon.

These are the kinds of things we see with these penalty sliders/block settings that are NOT there at default. These subtle actions though are so critical to getting realistic gameplay. As brutal as football is, there is a lot of elegance that goes into it when teams execute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »