Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 08:51 AM   #273
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
Josh, with this new slider set you still get realistic numbers and results from the CPU with these? The CPU QB ACC at 50 sorta scares me.
Yes...absolutely...CJ had one crazy game against him by Luck but we've seen comp percentages from 50-80% from the CPU. It really depends on the game, matchups, etc.

We are really finding that keeping the pass game related sliders (off & def) at default is important. I think that dropping QBA really begins to upset the balance....the CPU still misses throws at 50, and not just the deep stuff. If anything, I have seen more offline throws with this setup than on my previous sets....but you HAVE to get pressure, mix up your coverages, and analyze matchups....period.

For a reality check (for everyone) of what "realistic stats" look like (sort by completion %): http://www.pro-football-reference.co...15/passing.htm

Yes....70% completion percentage is the new 65%. That is in ~64 games of data (or four full seasons of 1 player using 1 team in Madden).

There are 8 NFL QBs above 70% passing and 16 QBs at or above 65%. Again, this is 4 weeks into the season. Of the QBs who have enough attempts to qualify for the leaderboard, only 6 have comp percentages below 60% on the season.

So...let's all bear that in mind before we get OCD about completion percentages. I really don't want to hear about how the CPU completed 78% in one game and how you're changing the sliders...sorry, 78% is NOTHING now. Teams have good and bad games....welcome to reality.

I'm pretty much done with sliders now.....I'll keep a lookout for any real issues - but I don't see a need to get OCD with the sliders this year.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-10-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #274
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
To delete the tuner, do I simply go: customize > share & manage files > load & delete files > delete tuning. Is that all?
Restart the game for it to take effect.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #275
Rookie

cjhunter316's Arena

OVR: 0

After last night's games and Josh's wonderful breakdowns, I got the itch. The Madden itch. Damn thing just won't go away. So, time for some Morning Madden!

http://www.twitch.tv/cjhunter316

We're across the pond in London, as the 3-3 Bills take on my 4-2 Jags.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #276
Rookie

Just finished watching CJ's stream and wow that looked amazing, awesome stuff, i loved the blocking, i never noticed until he went into replay and broke it down, especially on his first rushing TD with Yeldon, awesome stuff, i'm trying these out right now.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #277
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Just finished watching CJ's stream and wow that looked amazing, awesome stuff, i loved the blocking, i never noticed until he went into replay and broke it down, especially on his first rushing TD with Yeldon, awesome stuff, i'm trying these out right now.
Well, that's not unusual....people often overlook the line play and focus on the skill guys. When it's set up properly, things happen very dynamically - one little push or bump is enough to spring the play.

I'm bummed that it took us having to lower the holding slider to accomplish this....but the benefits outweigh the negatives....
Old 10-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #278
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, that's not unusual....people often overlook the line play and focus on the skill guys. When it's set up properly, things happen very dynamically - one little push or bump is enough to spring the play.

I'm bummed that it took us having to lower the holding slider to accomplish this....but the benefits outweigh the negatives....
Yeah for sure, I just never noticed it until today finally, i like this new set tho, but i was thinking, do you think the player speed thresh needs some adjusting? I dont remember where, but i recall reading that it had an effect on whether it was a high scoring or low scoring game.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:25 PM   #279
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Yeah for sure, I just never noticed it until today finally, i like this new set tho, but i was thinking, do you think the player speed thresh needs some adjusting? I dont remember where, but i recall reading that it had an effect on whether it was a high scoring or low scoring game.
I really think threshold is fine where it is honestly. Low thresh slows down defenders too much and high thresh really tightens things up (not my preference). Again, keeping with the "keep everything as close to default as possible" them, I think 50 thresh is ideal.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #280
Rookie

Been running these modifications and so far so good. One questions is on the speed of certain palyers. I run with tha bears and kevin white is a pretty fast player, matching up with a slot corner or #2 with alot less speed; on a few plays i notice that he had some separation of the release and threw a lead throw and the corner was tight to him or even ahead of him.

I noticed this with him and other players with higher speed ratings and good route angles and still get caught by the slower player. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or not. I just lower the speed thereshold rating to about 25 and seems to be alot more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »