Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #353
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

I cant believe I was worried about CPU QB Accuracy at 50, after 7 games with the newest set i finally had my first QB complete 80% on me and it was because i let him, I played the Cowboys in my Eagles franchise and Romo threw for 81% but it was all dink and dunk because i had my defense give him the flats so i wouldnt give up any big plays, and the weirdest (best) part of all was that it didnt feel "robo QB" like at all.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #354
Rookie

Fly8Eagles4Fly's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm on board with this set. Fantastic stuff so far. I tried your early sets and could just never get a game where I honestly felt like I might lose (pretty much all the All-Pro sets I've tried were as such). So, I tried Charter's All-Madden set with your penalty adjustments. Plays pretty well, actually, but you still get some appearances of Robo QB. Frustration of consistent 70-75% passers brought me back to the sliders search. Decided to try these since I was using your sliders and saw you made some new changes.

Through two games (Eagles season 2) I was beaten pretty good by the Bengals and had a tale of two halves against Baltimore. Dominated Early. Flacco was completing ~45% of passes. Flacco was on fire in the 2nd half, gave them the lead 38-37 with 1:30 left. I drove down, found Ertz on the seam for a huge 30 yard gain into FG range. Sealed it 40-38 as time expired. Most fun I've had in a couple weeks playing madden.

Two things: First, the penalties are not crazy. Even with Offside and False Start at 80, I've seen two False Starts and three or four Offsides in two games. It's not crazy. Second, the QB accuracy at 50 doesn't yield higher percentages. Unfortunately, my 84 OVR Rookie QB tore his bicep against the Bengals so I was forced to play Sanchez... 68%, Dalton and Flacco both ended up with an average of 67%. It really depends on the team honestly. I'm playing my 3rd game against the Bears and Jimmy Garoppolo, and he's not fairing too well. I'm dreading next week against Rodgers...

I'm going to keep a spreadsheet of key stats over the course of my next 5 games. I'll post back when I'm done.

EDIT: Also, I believe there is a huge difference in gameplay, subs, and a few other things in accordance to game clock. 15 Minutes with 13 run-off is vastly different from 12 minutes with 18 as Josh has it in the OP. I'm seeing better gameplay, realistic subs (auto-subs actually working).

Last edited by Fly8Eagles4Fly; 10-19-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #355
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly8Eagles4Fly
I'm on board with this set. Fantastic stuff so far. I tried your early sets and could just never get a game where I honestly felt like I might lose (pretty much all the All-Pro sets I've tried were as such). So, I tried Charter's All-Madden set with your penalty adjustments. Plays pretty well, actually, but you still get some appearances of Robo QB. Frustration of consistent 70-75% passers brought me back to the sliders search. Decided to try these since I was using your sliders and saw you made some new changes.

Through two games (Eagles season 2) I was beaten pretty good by the Bengals and had a tale of two halves against Baltimore. Dominated Early. Flacco was completing ~45% of passes. Flacco was on fire in the 2nd half, gave them the lead 38-37 with 1:30 left. I drove down, found Ertz on the seam for a huge 30 yard gain into FG range. Sealed it 40-38 as time expired. Most fun I've had in a couple weeks playing madden.

Two things: First, the penalties are not crazy. Even with Offside and False Start at 80, I've seen two False Starts and three or four Offsides in two games. It's not crazy. Second, the QB accuracy at 50 doesn't yield higher percentages. Unfortunately, my 84 OVR Rookie QB tore his bicep against the Bengals so I was forced to play Sanchez... 68%, Dalton and Flacco both ended up with an average of 67%. It really depends on the team honestly. I'm playing my 3rd game against the Bears and Jimmy Garoppolo, and he's not fairing too well. I'm dreading next week against Rodgers...

I'm going to keep a spreadsheet of key stats over the course of my next 5 games. I'll post back when I'm done.

EDIT: Also, I believe there is a huge difference in gameplay, subs, and a few other things in accordance to game clock. 15 Minutes with 13 run-off is vastly different from 12 minutes with 18 as Josh has it in the OP. I'm seeing better gameplay, realistic subs (auto-subs actually working).
Good stuff man. I've seen such a wide variety of games with this setup from my own games and some streamed affairs on Twitch. I win some and I lose some....sometimes games get a tad crazy with high totals....but I have seen far worse on All Madden.

To your edit....I too am a firm believer in the 12 minute quarters with this set and fatigue level. I am quite confident that it is best for autosubs and it also seems to do something to the gameplay (relative to 15 min quarters).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #356
Rookie

Fly8Eagles4Fly's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Good stuff man. I've seen such a wide variety of games with this setup from my own games and some streamed affairs on Twitch. I win some and I lose some....sometimes games get a tad crazy with high totals....but I have seen far worse on All Madden.

To your edit....I too am a firm believer in the 12 minute quarters with this set and fatigue level. I am quite confident that it is best for autosubs and it also seems to do something to the gameplay (relative to 15 min quarters).
Right. It does something to gameplay. Not sure, but you can tell. As for the subs, a bit further on detail. The game against the Ravens I played on 15 Minutes with 13 runoff (score was 40-38 could affect higher scoring games). Murray had 23 carries, Mathews had 3 carries, and they were all after Murray got hurt for 3 weeks and I was already passing heavily.
The game against the Bears I played earlier Mathews had 20 carries, Barner had 7 and it seemed as though Mathews would be in for 2-3 plays then Barner, Mathews for 2-3, Barner for maybe 2, Mathews back in. It was much more noticeable that subs were actually happening.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #357
MVP

OVR: 1

would you amend these at all if coach mode Josh?

tried them against cardinals as 9ers and hyde got 29 yds off 15 carries depsite running left a/b/c gap where my better oline is and the worse defenders are. also nassib was pants when i prompted dink and dunk passes
Old 10-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #358
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
would you amend these at all if coach mode Josh?

tried them against cardinals as 9ers and hyde got 29 yds off 15 carries depsite running left a/b/c gap where my better oline is and the worse defenders are. also nassib was pants when i prompted dink and dunk passes
The Cards have a pretty boss front 7...I would play a few more games before making any determinations.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #359
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
The Cards have a pretty boss front 7...I would play a few more games before making any determinations.
I wholeheartedly agree. You could start a new CFM, replay the same matchup and get completely different results. Frankly, there is a tremendous amount of game-to-game variability - more often than not, they jive with the ratings....but sometimes, a guy gets shut down when he "shouldn't" and other times a guy explodes when he "shouldn't".

I really think that M16 captures the craziness of the NFL season quite nicely and by keeping this set as close to default as possible...you really see that come through.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #360
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im about to play my Super Bowl vs the 12-4 Saints, feel free to join me! http://www.twitch.tv/msweets26

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »