Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #521
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
If it seems fatigue has an influence on penalties, but we are seeing better animations and such with lower penalty sliders like holding/facemask etc, would raising fatigue to a really high number increase the amount of penalties called without sacrificing all the animations and better play we see with the values we are using now?
That isn't really a bad thought though player traits have as much to do with penalties being called as anything.

One concern with ultra-high fatigue, based on past experience with other EA games (have not tried on M16) is that the CPU tires so much that they become a bit of a pushover in the second half. My other concern is a consistent trend of 24-21 type scoring in the fourth quarter. If those concerns do not apply to this game, then yes, this could very much be a viable approach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 06:04 PM   #522
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That isn't really a bad thought though player traits have as much to do with penalties being called as anything.

One concern with ultra-high fatigue, based on past experience with other EA games (have not tried on M16) is that the CPU tires so much that they become a bit of a pushover in the second half. My other concern is a consistent trend of 24-21 type scoring in the fourth quarter. If those concerns do not apply to this game, then yes, this could very much be a viable approach.
I've read conflicting thoughts on auto subs. Some say they're fine, others say they don't work. If they do work and can be adjusted to work with a high fatigue setting, I wonder if that would allow teams with depth to shine. Which could possibly prevent the pushover CPU or shootout 4th quarters.

I haven't tested any of this, just spit balling thoughts off the top of my head. But could be something worth looking in to.

Last edited by dsmith710; 11-26-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:24 AM   #523
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
hayniner....where have you been lurking? I pretty much agree with everything you said in your posts....we're definitely on the same page.

I think EA's biggest issue with penalties is that they change the frequency that a penalty animation occurs. For example, offensive holding probably occurs in real life on every play, but it isn't called. In madden, the number of times (on a per play basis) that the holding animation occurs should be a fixed value (based on player ratings). The penalty slider can then be used to adjust the frequency it is called as a penalty. If they were to implement them in this manner, they would no longer impact the gameplay.

That said, I am going to take a look at the DPI slider. I'm not seeing the calls at 50 (but the frequency of the canned animations is virtually nil). I'm going to see how much 55-60 DPI jacks up things here.

(Also still playing with autosubs....getting closer)
I've definitely been lurking...I've been on this site for about 3 years lurking in the shadows...LOL...For some reason, it took forever to get approved so that I could actually post...I've been following all of the slider gurus in hopes that one day, I would be able to create a Sim style game...Unfortunately, like most gurus have figured out, because of the coding and other issues with this game, it's been an arduous journey, to say the least...I also redo the entire roster every year based off of real life combine numbers, scouting info and my own personal knowledge of the players in today's NFL...I actually came up with a formula that I use when putting together a players physical attributes (ie speed, agillity, acceleration, strength)...Let's just say, I've spent a lot of time tweeting out on this game...I played college football and I used to coach high school, so I've always viewed Madden as a teaching/learning tool...Thats why I'm always trying to get it as close to "Real Life" as I can.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2015, 07:09 AM   #524
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

So....I was playing with high autosubs (for d-line) along with some other things last night. Was just getting frustrated, too easy to run, horrible pass rush (i.e. no pocket formation), which lead to Robo QB. I set all the sliders back to OP...same thing. Went to bed.

Then it hit me about 5 minutes later...I got out of bed, fired the game up and lowered the autosubs for d-line where I had them previously and "boom", the gameplay was restored to where it had been. When the play had "gone bad", I was using 87/92 for d-line autosubs (o-line at 0/2). When I set the d-line back to 50/55, all better.

Now, it opens up a series of interesting questions about the role the autosub settings may play. I know my old autosub settings work fine with this, I am including on the OP for now so people don't go through the aggravation I did yesterday.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #525
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

I so appreciate all of the work you and the other slider experts do in an effort to make gameplay realistic. However, each year it's the same story. A very "delicate house of cards" (King various threads) that can easily crumble with one tweak. It's never ending. It's exhausting to constantly test. I can't even imagine what it's like to actually create, test, and edit sliders in an endless pursuit of consistent gameplay. I thought this year was different. Early in the games release it was thought the slider/penalty/auto-sub/fatigue settings had less interaction with each other than in years past. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. At some point every year, usually now, I end up playing default all pro and excepting the game for what it is or end my Madden year with hopes for a better playing game next year. . I think I've arrived at that time. Most likely I'll shelf this game and play MLB The Show to get my sports fix. Or, who am I kidding, I'll continue to test slider theories and never come close to actually playing one full season! Lol. Anyway, thanks for all the work and the forum to vent my frustrations a bit!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #526
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I so appreciate all of the work you and the other slider experts do in an effort to make gameplay realistic. However, each year it's the same story. A very "delicate house of cards" (King various threads) that can easily crumble with one tweak. It's never ending. It's exhausting to constantly test. I can't even imagine what it's like to actually create, test, and edit sliders in an endless pursuit of consistent gameplay. I thought this year was different. Early in the games release it was thought the slider/penalty/auto-sub/fatigue settings had less interaction with each other than in years past. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case. At some point every year, usually now, I end up playing default all pro and excepting the game for what it is or end my Madden year with hopes for a better playing game next year. . I think I've arrived at that time. Most likely I'll shelf this game and play MLB The Show to get my sports fix. Or, who am I kidding, I'll continue to test slider theories and never come close to actually playing one full season! Lol. Anyway, thanks for all the work and the forum to vent my frustrations a bit!
I hear you. The irony is that this game is so close that it makes it tough to put down. Honestly, this is the main reason that I have gone with default game sliders.

Waiting at the auto shop right now, but before I left, I played a half using 60/80 for all autosubs and it was playing well. Going to give this an extended trial and see if the game stays well balanced.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-27-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:07 PM   #527
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just wanted to comment/ask you a question. When I play defense, I always hitstick the other cpu pretty hard, and this causes them to fumble often. I know that I could just use the (A) as a tackle button and be conservative but I'm too used to using the stick most of the time. So my question is, do I raise the fumble slider to cause less CPU fumbles or lower it? And will changing either one have an impact on the way the CPU runs the ball like ti did in the last Madden?
Old 11-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #528
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc324393
Just wanted to comment/ask you a question. When I play defense, I always hitstick the other cpu pretty hard, and this causes them to fumble often. I know that I could just use the (A) as a tackle button and be conservative but I'm too used to using the stick most of the time. So my question is, do I raise the fumble slider to cause less CPU fumbles or lower it? And will changing either one have an impact on the way the CPU runs the ball like ti did in the last Madden?
Raise it...and yes, it will alter the CPU running like all other maddens (not necessarily in a bad way this year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »