JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 73 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #577
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Once again Josh and King have figured out the maze that is Madden. Gonna try this new method out when i get home tonight.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #578
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel like the Madden devs have no idea what their game does. It's like they say "here is this big mess of code, good luck figuring it out".

Reminds me of when my parents clicked a bunch of stuff on their computer and i have to come over and fix everything because they have no idea what they did.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #579
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll be playing around with some of the penalty settings to fine-tune. Example: I totally forgot how daggone sensitive the RTP slider is (that's getting adjusted back to 50 MM/50 CFM). I'll keep the OP updated as changes are made...hopefully there won't be many.

Any detailed observations you all can give me will help (not just stats) but observations like, "there were way too many DB strips on DB/WR animations"....stuff like that.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-28-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #580
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Dude like WTF man? This is hilarious. But to make this game even better I'll jump through as many hoops as we have to......well within reason.

So if I'm playing an online cfm with my cousin we both should set the penalties how you have here on our main menus on our xboxs and I'd just do the adjusting in the cfm (I'm the commish) correct? I guess you wouldn't really know the answer exactly but that makes sense right?
tdawg...I know man....when I read it, it made sense based on the "level trick" from last year. I got into my test game and first play I was like, "OMG....the blocking is still great, here's praying that penalties will be called". When they started getting called....I was just floored.

For online...I'd suggest that both you and your cousin set the main menu as suggested. You're going to have games versus the CPU, so it makes sense that the main menu settings will be interacting with whatever you set for CFM.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #581
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Weird. First two games with the Pats before making these changes, I destroyed Steelers and Bills. Since making these penalty changes, the Jags are tied at halftime with me 21-21. Bortles torched Malcolm Butler three times.

Not sure if the penalty sliders have much to do with this or not.

I haven't seen any roughing the passer penalties yet. About 3 defensive pass interferences though.

Edit: With that being said, as I was typing this, another defensive pass interference penalty on Malcolm Butler on a BOMB thrown by Bortles. That makes 4 bombs in the game to Julius Thomas and all 4 defensive PI's.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 11-28-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:23 PM   #582
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Weird. First two games with the Pats before making these changes, I destroyed Steelers and Bills. Since making these penalty changes, the Jags are tied at halftime with me 21-21. Bortles torched Malcolm Butler three times.

Not sure if the penalty sliders have much to do with this or not.

I haven't seen any roughing the passer penalties yet. About 3 defensive pass interferences though.

Edit: With that being said, as I was typing this, another defensive pass interference penalty on Malcolm Butler on a BOMB thrown by Bortles. That makes 4 bombs in the game to Julius Thomas and all 4 defensive PI's.
Yeah, I have DPI set for 60....bombs tend to have this sort of effect....I really waffle between 55 and 60 for that setting.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
Once again Josh and King have figured out the maze that is Madden. Gonna try this new method out when i get home tonight.
Man, this is absolutely absurd what you have to go through to try to play a fair, balanced game of football!!! I appreciate that we have options to correct gameplay but this is beyond ridiculous. EA should give you guys free copies of this game every year and then pay you to "beta test" it for 3 months and then tell them what their game does. Sheesh...
Old 11-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #584
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, I have DPI set for 60....bombs tend to have this sort of effect....I really waffle between 55 and 60 for that setting.
I see DPI get called at 55 (with my set) and NOT called at 60, but I like the "effect of 60" so, I'm going to go with something like:

65 OUT / 55 IN

Since you're torn between the effect of 55 and 60, you could go:

60 OUT / 55 IN

That gives you an "average" of 57.5, effectively "playing" like a value in between the two settings you're torn between, while using the value that gets the penalty called within CFM...

Might be slightly different with your set, but I'm most excited about the "blended values" that exist "between the fives"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »