JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 79 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #625
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,800
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Already on it except I set QBA at 5 for both teams in MM.
HA!

Thanks, Sir...

I suggested 0 because of the theory that at 0, it "shuts off the slider" and plays to true attribute, but 5 will also work for the purpose of this test...

KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #626
Rookie
 
dsmith710's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
HA!

Thanks, Sir...

I suggested 0 because of the theory that at 0, it "shuts off the slider" and plays to true attribute, but 5 will also work for the purpose of this test...

I tried 5 for both user/CPU and set it in and out of CFM. Passing seems a little easy for me but seemed pretty close for CPU. but I may have been easy for me if the CPU goes to that stack the box mentality
dsmith710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #627
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
HA!

Thanks, Sir...

I suggested 0 because of the theory that at 0, it "shuts off the slider" and plays to true attribute, but 5 will also work for the purpose of this test...

I also think there is merit to the "0 reverts everything to default" theory...

So far, experiment does not go well....playing versus Brady using Pittsburgh and Brady started 7-9 in the first quarter (one incompletion when hit as throwing, the other a dropped pass). This is with 5 in MM and 50 CFM (all else default). No discernible change in playcalling.

Will try the opposite too...
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #628
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,800
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I also think there is merit to the "0 reverts everything to default" theory...

So far, experiment does not go well....playing versus Brady using Pittsburgh and Brady started 7-9 in the first quarter (one incompletion when hit as throwing, the other a dropped pass). This is with 5 in MM and 50 CFM (all else default). No discernible change in playcalling.

Will try the opposite too...

Prob "too good to be true", but thanks for your expedience and expertise!

This may be do to the fact that the Penalty Section is "glitched" in that it only moves in increments of 5 in the Main Menu, but uses single number values inside CFM...

So, that worked due to "exploitation" of an inherent glitch...

Since the sliders work the same inside CFM as they do in the Main Menu, there may not be that "window of opportunity"...

#bettertoknowy'know?
KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #629
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Prob "too good to be true", but thanks for your expedience and expertise!

This may be do to the fact that the Penalty Section is "glitched" in that it only moves in increments of 5 in the Main Menu, but uses single number values inside CFM...

So, that worked due to "exploitation" of an inherent glitch...

Since the sliders work the same inside CFM as they do in the Main Menu, there may not be that "window of opportunity"...

#bettertoknowy'know?
I quit out of that game after Brady went 12-14 for nearly 200 yards to try the opposite. But I have to tell you, it was actually a lot of fun and gave me an idea of going "true default AP + penalties" now that we know the penalty trick. It would just be a matter of setting the MM penalties to a value that would land on 50 with the CFM penalties.

Going to try the opposite now....will let you know how this goes...

Edit: tried the opposite - and still nothing that different....I think that they have to be synced to really have the full effect (even if there IS an averaging....we're only averaging it to like 25 or so...still high enough where a QB could go off on you). Feel free to repeat the experiment though....
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-29-2015 at 08:12 PM.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #630
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Well...that little experiment over the last several posts led me to give a true default AP (with no penalty adjustments) a shot again. I have to say....it really played nicely. The CPU was effective moving the ball, played solid defense and the ratings played out nicely. Line play was also pretty dynamic

The downside of a "pure default" set has always been a lower level of penalties than most of us would like. But, change a penalty slider, alter the gameplay. With King's discovery, we can now create a slider set where we can set the average of the Main Menu (MM) and CFM penalties to 50 as the CFM penalty sliders are the ones that control the number of calls on the field. This setup could be used in either a default AP or AM setup....

I view this is really an alternate setup for those that really dig default gameplay but want more penalties....

Skill Level (Intro/Main/CFM): All Pro/All Pro/All Pro or All Pro/All Pro/All Madden
Game Speed: Normal
Helps: off but, optional
Quarter Length: 12 (Or what ever you want)
Minimum Play Clock Time: 20 seconds (Or what ever you want)
Injuries: 70
Fatigue: 55
Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties (Key to get proper gameplay)
To Set penalty sliders, you set one set of values in the Main Menu (MM), go into CFM and import them. Then, you manually adjust them in the CFM slider screen to the CFM values. As a note, you can see here that the average of all of the penalty settings is equal to 50 (in theory, meaning that there will be no gameplay impact).

Offsides: (MM - 20) (CFM - 80)
False Start: (MM - 20) (CFM - 80)
Offensive Holding: (MM - 30) (CFM - 70)
Defensive Holding: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
Facemask: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
Illegal Block ITB: (MM - 50) (CFM - 50)
RTP: (MM - 50) (CFM - 50)
Def PI: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
All others set to "on"

Gameplay Sliders User/Cpu
ALL default

Special Teams
Default

If there is enough interest, I can add these to the opening post....but just thought I'd share....I am going to pop these in for a while.

Streaming these on Twitch right now...
http://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-29-2015 at 08:52 PM.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #631
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,800
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

I think that the reason it didn't work has to do with the fact that penalty settings are part of your profile (which is incorporated into various facets of CFM) and sliders are independent of your profile...

Ergo, the slider settings in the Main Menu are "isolated" outside of both your Profile and CFM...

After you set the sliders there's no "Saving Profile" notice in the lower right, correct?
KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #632
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I think that the reason it didn't work has to do with the fact that penalty settings are part of your profile (which is incorporated into various facets of CFM) and sliders are independent of your profile...

Ergo, the slider settings in the Main Menu are "isolated" outside of both your Profile and CFM...

After you set the sliders there's no "Saving Profile" notice in the lower right, correct?
That would be correct....
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Top -