Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #649
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

wow this thread change in the last few weeks. jumping from theory to theory.
Could someone explain me the last one? whatīs the point of setting the penalties on MM and changing on CFM? why not just leave default on MM and just change on the CFM?

I read the couple of pages back but i didnīt understand what is the trick.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #650
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
wow this thread change in the last few weeks. jumping from theory to theory.
Could someone explain me the last one? whatīs the point of setting the penalties on MM and changing on CFM? why not just leave default on MM and just change on the CFM?

I read the couple of pages back but i didnīt understand what is the trick.
The best example is Holding...

It doesn't get called at a realistic rate below 60, but if you set it at 60 the blocking is overpowered and "sticky"...

If you set to 40 in the Main Menu and 60 inside CFM it gets "called" at the rate of 60, but "plays" like the "averaged out" value of 50...

It's so we can get the right penalties called at the right rates, but use the Main Menu to control the overall effect though "averaging"...

Personally, I'm finally getting, not only more penalties overall...there no longer just Illegal Block in the Back and RTP, etc...

Also finally seeing DPI called at a realistic rate without the nerfing of the screen game that happens with 60...

55 / 60 "plays" like 57.5, but gets called more due the CFM setting of 60...

I hope that helps...

Josh?

Care to add / extrapolate / clarify?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #651
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh

Cpu run game seems "soft". Im playing against the seahawks right now and i got beast mode under 60 yards in the third quarter. Hes going down waaayyy to easily. Suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #652
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
The best example is Holding...

It doesn't get called at a realistic rate below 60, but if you set it at 60 the blocking is overpowered and "sticky"...

If you set to 40 in the Main Menu and 60 inside CFM it gets "called" at the rate of 60, but "plays" like the "averaged out" value of 50...

It's so we can get the right penalties called at the right rates, but use the Main Menu to control the overall effect though "averaging"...

Personally, I'm finally getting, not only more penalties overall...there no longer just Illegal Block in the Back and RTP, etc...

Also finally seeing DPI called at a realistic rate without the nerfing of the screen game that happens with 60...

55 / 60 "plays" like 57.5, but gets called more due the CFM setting of 60...

I hope that helps...

Josh?

Care to add / extrapolate / clarify?
Thanks for that explanation. Usually i`m a bit skeptic about these theories but i will give it a try.
I do play default but i do have INT at 25, would this break this theory or it should still apply?
Old 12-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #653
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Josh

Cpu run game seems "soft". Im playing against the seahawks right now and i got beast mode under 60 yards in the third quarter. Hes going down waaayyy to easily. Suggestions?
Keep playing....I like to give sets 5-10 games before judging.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #654
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thanks for that explanation. Usually i`m a bit skeptic about these theories but i will give it a try.
I do play default but i do have INT at 25, would this break this theory or it should still apply?
This will work for any slider set.

I'm still not entirely convinced of the "averaging out" piece. However, I am definitely sure that it's the CFM penalty settings that drive the penalty calls.

From an animation perspective, I like what I am seeing with my OP setup....such an incredible variety. I'm going to keep testing out the OP set to see how well it holds up....it's just going to take some time.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #655
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This will work for any slider set.
Yeah, it works with any set...

Mine is VERY different from default and the difference I've experienced has been palpable...

The most obvious thing being "the right amount of the right penalties" are finally being called...

And you don't have to live with "less than" animations or gameplay to GET them called...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 08:26 PM   #656
MVP

booker21's Arena

Man I'm lost here! To be honest I'm not sure what I'm looking. Currently I'm testing these with the OP settings on default all pro. Only 1 quarter and a half but I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm not sure if you ask me what I'm looking. I guess it feels like the games I play on play now. CPU is rushing at me so far with a 7att for 35yds. CPU qb is on 62% and my MLB are top 3 in team tackling. I feel the game is not easy neither unrealistic hard. So far overall I'm having a very nice and smooth game.

These penalties theory are the guilty ones or this is just madden giving me those random pleasant games? I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »