Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2015, 01:47 AM   #713
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

For penalty sliders use Josh's main menu sliders but inside franchise:

Off sides and false start 65/65
Offensive and defensive holding 60
Face mask 53
Roughing the passer and block in the back 51
Pass Interference 56 or 57, still fine tuning.

Pass Block I've been using 30, but may need 35.

For the run game I'm convinced that run block, fumbles and tackling all need to be over 50 and runblock has to be higher than tackling and tackling has to be higher than fumbles. Finding the right formula will take some testing but if all numbers are above 50 and run block is 5 or 10 above tacking and tackling is 10 above fumbles, you'll see goo results.

For example 75 run block would mean 65 or 70 tackles and 55 or 60 fumbles.

Do some testing and post some results, these are really close and it's a challenge on all-madden and it doesn't feel cheap, if you win, you've earned it.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #714
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It's good. The QB's are feeling heat. It's pretty realistic. I think I need to look at the penalties though because getting too many.

I'm playing the Texans and Chiefs and both sides are driving the QB nuts. The run game is solid and Foster and Charles each fumbles once.

I will say one thing, you better call the right d. You can't just sit in Nickel or the AI run game will shred you to pieces. And if you call a run D and they pass, you are pretty much screwed.

The thing I really like about it is sometimes holes open right up and you get a nice chunk, other times you get flat out stuffed. On 3rd and 1, just running up the middle is going to get you stuffed most of the time, so you have to actually really think about the play calling.

The key is the pass rush though, a lot of innacurate passes when the QB is pressured.

The other thing is too, play a couple of games because I have completely shut the AI down on their first 3 drives in a game only to get lit up later. I've seen the AI start off 8/8 passing and 0/5 passing, so make sure you play a few games before you draw conclusions. The AI varies their passes and throws deep and short, use preplay adjustments and try to get an advantage on defense.
Yeah, a lot of people around here don't know how to do that....

I'm still going to give more time to the OP set because I still haven't had time to get enough games in to draw any meaningful conclusions.

Now, I did play around with AM a bit last night with the OP set, and the pass rush definitely was more intense for both sides, so there may be potential. Looking forward to what you wind up with man...
Old 12-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #715
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
For penalty sliders use Josh's main menu sliders but inside franchise:

Off sides and false start 65/65
Offensive and defensive holding 60
Face mask 53
Roughing the passer and block in the back 51
Pass Interference 56 or 57, still fine tuning.

Pass Block I've been using 30, but may need 35.

For the run game I'm convinced that run block, fumbles and tackling all need to be over 50 and runblock has to be higher than tackling and tackling has to be higher than fumbles. Finding the right formula will take some testing but if all numbers are above 50 and run block is 5 or 10 above tacking and tackling is 10 above fumbles, you'll see goo results.

For example 75 run block would mean 65 or 70 tackles and 55 or 60 fumbles.

Do some testing and post some results, these are really close and it's a challenge on all-madden and it doesn't feel cheap, if you win, you've earned it.
One thing I would caution with this type of setup is that pursuit angles will be incredibly sharp in this setup due to the high TAK. LBs will attack o-linemen (getting stuck on them) instead of filling the gaps properly.

What you might try is raising the facemask slider to 60 MM and 53 CFM. This will increase the overall hit power you are trying to simulate with the TAK slider. You can then drop the TAK slider back closer to default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 09:13 AM   #716
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
I may be onto something but I need a couple more games to test.

Anyway, take the penalty sliders you have but put the game to All-Pro when you start it up, All-Madden in MM and All-Madden in CFM
Hum/AI
QB ACC 50/10
Run Block 75/75
Fumbles 60/60
Tackling 70
FGA 30/30

Everything else default. You should get a very good competitive game with the AI showing some killer instinct.
Sweet I will try these out later.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #717
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I briefly tried 55 threshold a while back and it played well. I don't think that is the issue here. I think the issue is lack of a "push" from either line. The lineplay is good, its just that it never shifts much from the LOS. Bumping up the offsides and false start to 30 in the main menu might bring back some of the "surge" we want. Can't test though till tonight.
I did notice that there was more of a pass rush from J.J. Watt and Clowney with these settings.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #718
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I have to admit, i was skeptical of putting everything back to default, based on previous experience that certain aspects of the defense (interceptions, pursuit angles) were unrealistically enhanced on those settings.

I have to say, though, when used with the recommended penalty settings, a lot of the statistical and gameplay anomalies seem, if not completely fixed, than at least mitigated, by the combination of the new patch and your penalty settings.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #719
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
One thing I would caution with this type of setup is that pursuit angles will be incredibly sharp in this setup due to the high TAK. LBs will attack o-linemen (getting stuck on them) instead of filling the gaps properly.

What you might try is raising the facemask slider to 60 MM and 53 CFM. This will increase the overall hit power you are trying to simulate with the TAK slider. You can then drop the TAK slider back closer to default.
I agree... the CPU is killing me for 10ypc (Doug Martin) and my LB's made ZERO tackles in 3 quarters. They instantly get sucked into the middle of the line and Martin runs outside.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #720
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I have to admit, i was skeptical of putting everything back to default, based on previous experience that certain aspects of the defense (interceptions, pursuit angles) were unrealistically enhanced on those settings.

I have to say, though, when used with the recommended penalty settings, a lot of the statistical and gameplay anomalies seem, if not completely fixed, than at least mitigated, by the combination of the new patch and your penalty settings.
Still not entirely satisfied with the OP setup on All Pro. The d-line, in particular, is not attacking the o-line as much as I'd like. It's almost like the d-line is letting the o-line engage them instead of the other way around. I really don't think this issue is the block sliders as much as it is a lack of defensive aggression. Now, that was definitely not an issue on All Madden with this setup (and it was better for both sides...surprisingly).

Of course, All Madden invites its own share of issues

OK....I wasn't going to post this right away (highly likely it's a fluke). But, I turned off the RTK and RIITK penalties. On earlier versions of Madden, the RTK slider potentiated defender aggressiveness and pursuit. It's now an "off/on" toggle, but I wondered if the functionality is still there. I played a bit with it and it seemed better...but again, could've been a total coincidence. If anyone would like to give it a shot with the OP setup, let me know....I need a bit of a break from madden....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »