JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 91 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #721
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Played with the ap ap am set up in a new cfm. I took the raiders and lost 26-0 to the bengals. I didn't feel cheated. Dalton was 70% in completions and they had a total of 131 yards on the ground. Carr threw 5 picks and mainly they were my fault. Am forces you to mix everything up. I was down 10-0 and was driving by spreading their d out and throwing.... Once they commited to the pass I'd bust it inside with Murray. Then Carr threw a pick at the 2 smh. All in all I was happy but with more testing I'll have a better grasp.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:39 AM   #722
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Still not entirely satisfied with the OP setup on All Pro. The d-line, in particular, is not attacking the o-line as much as I'd like. It's almost like the d-line is letting the o-line engage them instead of the other way around. I really don't think this issue is the block sliders as much as it is a lack of defensive aggression. Now, that was definitely not an issue on All Madden with this setup (and it was better for both sides...surprisingly).
I see that . . . but I guess I write that off to the whole fact that the line play still needs work overall. Sliders are not going to fix it (at least without breaking other stuff). In general, however, the stats are within the realm of reality, and the game looks about right, as long as you do not try to fixate on the problems.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #723
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I'm pretty certain All_madden is the way to go, just have to fine tune it. I'm getting pretty close, but it takes time to get enough samples in.

Right now I've got it so the AI is playing pretty good and I'm getting a nice pass rush from both human and AI. I'm getting realistic scores and stats but need some more fine tuning. I only control the DT so people experiences may vary but it is a chess match, you have to call the right plays with the right personnel or you get torched.

I'll set up my own slider thread giving Josh C credit for is penalty sliders and post my set tomorrow night.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #724
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'm pretty certain All_madden is the way to go, just have to fine tune it. I'm getting pretty close, but it takes time to get enough samples in.

Right now I've got it so the AI is playing pretty good and I'm getting a nice pass rush from both human and AI. I'm getting realistic scores and stats but need some more fine tuning. I only control the DT so people experiences may vary but it is a chess match, you have to call the right plays with the right personnel or you get torched.

I'll set up my own slider thread giving Josh C credit for is penalty sliders and post my set tomorrow night.
Awesome stuff Fist! Looking forward to what you come up with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I see that . . . but I guess I write that off to the whole fact that the line play still needs work overall. Sliders are not going to fix it (at least without breaking other stuff). In general, however, the stats are within the realm of reality, and the game looks about right, as long as you do not try to fixate on the problems.
Yeah, I hear you. Of course, you're talking to the guy who spent nearly an entire year trying to fix M15's sack issue (lineplay again.....)

I'm not going to go down the path of creating a new slider set for AP - If I ultimately decide that gameplay sliders need to be adjusted, I am just going to pop in KingV2k3's sliders from his blog and call it a day.

For the time being....I am going to just turn off the RTK and RIITK penalties and see how things play out. I included that switch (and my preference for fatigue at 60) into the OP. The way I see it, how can it hurt? We are turning off two penalties that are never called anyways...

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-06-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #725
MVP

OVR: 1

im using the version prior turning rtk/riitk off, had first game of my 3rd season. everything was a challenge cowboys were playing me at santa clara. over said they were 93 and i was 87. my sophmore qb threw a pick 6 after we had advanced to their 8 and it made total sense with the cb skill and the play they call vs my play.

i ran to the side my oline was strongest and their dline/lb were weakest and had 30 carries for 150 odd yards between the 3 rbs. i passed for 220 odd with 20/30 ish. i won 20-27 thanks to a pick six on the goaline by reid with 5 mins to go.

a really enjoyable game the only thing that jumped out at me was what looked like suction, this is playing coach, id overload a gap by adjusting line and lbers and id get a defender through where they either stood still or were pulled to an alresdy engaged oline member
Old 12-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #726
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
im using the version prior turning rtk/riitk off, had first game of my 3rd season. everything was a challenge cowboys were playing me at santa clara. over said they were 93 and i was 87. my sophmore qb threw a pick 6 after we had advanced to their 8 and it made total sense with the cb skill and the play they call vs my play.

i ran to the side my oline was strongest and their dline/lb were weakest and had 30 carries for 150 odd yards between the 3 rbs. i passed for 220 odd with 20/30 ish. i won 20-27 thanks to a pick six on the goaline by reid with 5 mins to go.

a really enjoyable game the only thing that jumped out at me was what looked like suction, this is playing coach, id overload a gap by adjusting line and lbers and id get a defender through where they either stood still or were pulled to an alresdy engaged oline member
Good stuff...the suction is driving me crazy too. I thought I was getting closer to fixing it, but then started seeing a pretty big push by the o-line which was making user running pretty easy.

While this setup is loads better than a true default setup, there is still a bit of work to be done to get the line interactions right.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #727
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

Has anyone played a user vs user game with these? My friend and I just did and it was a 9-6 snoozer. Neither side had a running game, both averaging 3 yards a carry. It felt like his linebackers were living in my back field. Both teams were under 200 yards passing also.

I may move the threshold down a bit to open things up more.

JoshC what are you seeing with rtk/riitk off?
Old 12-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #728
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having a great time with these sliders. Like others have said, the suction-y line interactions are the biggest problem now. High QB completion % is another issue but I suspect that is related to the suction. Sometimes the CPU gets an hour to throw the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »