JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 92 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-08-2015, 03:49 PM   #729
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
I'm having a great time with these sliders. Like others have said, the suction-y line interactions are the biggest problem now. High QB completion % is another issue but I suspect that is related to the suction. Sometimes the CPU gets an hour to throw the ball.
I haven't had the high completion % by Qbs. Andrew Luck completed only 59% of his passes against me last game.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:09 PM   #730
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Playing with the RTK and RITHK off and ive noticed more pop, and better/crisp persuit angles on defense. Just an overall better feel IMO.....
Old 12-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #731
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Playing with the RTK and RITHK off and ive noticed more pop, and better/crisp persuit angles on defense. Just an overall better feel IMO.....
Thanks for jumping in dorsett. I was wondering if I was just seeing things...but what you stated is comparable to what I have seen.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #732
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Josh:

Which of the two is the most impactful and why?

I'd like to isolate its effect before accessing the second option...

Continued thanks!
Old 12-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #733
Rookie

Quote:
I played my last game with RTK and RITK turned off, but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Obviously one game is a very small sample size and not enough to tell. I'm happy to keep it off to test for the time being, because as Josh eluded to, those penalties never get called anyway. Just not sure what it effects gameplay wise, and knowing how penalties work, it will surely effect something. I know this is not the intent, but I was hoping it would result in some near blocks on FG's and punts, due to the defenders not having to be cautious about roughing/running into the kicker. Didn't appear to be the case.

Anyway, the point of my reply was to say I hope it doesn't improve pursuit angles. Playing with the default AP setup and just the penalty adjustments, there's not enough missed tackles or defensive miscues as it is. I'd hate for pursuit angles to be amped up making defense even more on point. My defense thus far has been top notch. The computers defense feels okay, maybe slightly underpowered, as in no killer instinct, but I am playing with the Steelers, so I should have good success if ratings matter.

Long story short, I hope turning off RTK and RITK improves overall aggressiveness of defense and ST's, but would hate for it to improve pursuit angles as tackling is too sure as it is.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #734
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm seeing the same thing. There are no big plays where a back makes someone miss and is gone, all the runs go for under 10 yards.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #735
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
I'm seeing the same thing. There are no big plays where a back makes someone miss and is gone, all the runs go for under 10 yards.
Yep. The only long gains are when you get the corner and outrun someone, or juke someone in the open field. There's a couple missed tackles to be fair, but no where near the amount you see in real life. In Madden, you've got CB's making open field tackles vs elite RB's. Don't even get me started about the return game, or lack thereof I should say.

I'd be all for pursuit being amped up if defenders flew in and missed with arms tackles etc. I'd actually love that, but I don't think that's possible to achieve. Normally I play with tackle significantly lowered. I think last year I settled on 25-30. I also always drop facemask to take the "pop" out of the tackles as everyone, CB's included, can make big hits consistently. Obviously going with the default AP setup as to not mess with the "house of cards" doesn't allow for these things to happen unfortunately.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #736
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Just a couple of quick comments.

I'm glad to get the feedback from all. I think we all agree about the "sticky" lineplay. That alone is the culprit for just about all of the issues people are seeing. I DO think it is fixable through the penalty settings, it is just a matter of locking-onto the right values. Unfortunately, I think it will require dropping the penalty sliders in CFM to achieve...but we're very high up on the scale - so we have room to drop them.

King: to your question about RTK and RIITK, I suspect RTK has the bigger effect, but have not tried each one exclusively. Don't look for miracles, the change is very subtle, but I think it is there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »