JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 94 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #745
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
In the Main menu or CFM?

On a side note do you know what each penalty slider effects?
It should already be at 45 in the MM and 55 in CFM which equals 50. Set both at 45 and see how that works.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #746
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Have anymore theories on the auto sub settings? Are you convinced they effect gameplay? I recall you saying something about dropping DE/DT subs from higher settings to mid range as it effects OL/DL interaction or something or other...?
The only thing I am sure of was that raising the QB autosubs made a big difference in QB play....they actually played like crap to be honest...lots of checkdowns, scramblers didn't scramble, etc.

I've only toyed with it....not enough to say anything definitive. I frankly don't want to go there
Old 12-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #747
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

One other thing...

I'm getting a ton of feedback about the lineplay but virtually none about the increased penalties. I am thus assuming that most people following this thread agree that penalties are secondary to good gameplay. That is the mode I am going to take.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #748
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
One other thing...

I'm getting a ton of feedback about the lineplay but virtually none about the increased penalties. I am thus assuming that most people following this thread agree that penalties are secondary to good gameplay. That is the mode I am going to take.

Any thoughts?
I for one prioritize game play over penalties. That being said I am getting a good amount of penalties, 15 over the last 3 games.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #749
Rookie

Quote:
The only thing I am sure of was that raising the QB autosubs made a big difference in QB play....they actually played like crap to be honest...lots of checkdowns, scramblers didn't scramble, etc.

I've only toyed with it....not enough to say anything definitive. I frankly don't want to go there
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if you had auto subs low across the board (like we do for QB). Could potentially raise other positions effectiveness as well? Or even just the ones we want to anyway, such as RB.

Quote:
One other thing...

Any thoughts?
Penalties are nice, but the CPU is consistently more penalized than me (offsides, holding, false start, DPI) which makes the gameplay easier again as you're getting piggy backs up the field when they get very little.

As for penalties vs gameplay, to use an extreme example; I'd rather good gameplay and zero penalties as opposed to crap game play and 5-10 penalties per side, per game. Even best of both worlds; decent gameplay and some penalties. I would honestly accept zero penalties to have superior animations + gameplay if it was significant enough.

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-08-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #750
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
One other thing...

Any thoughts?
Penalties seems great. Lots of them, not too many though. One question about the penalty settings from main menu to cfm. Is there a real reason we keep them "averaging" 50?
Old 12-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #751
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Penalties seems great. Lots of them, not too many though. One question about the penalty settings from main menu to cfm. Is there a real reason we keep them "averaging" 50?
Default settings "appear" to play better, certainly for sliders anyway. Not 100% sure about penalties, but that's the theory.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #752
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
At first, there was a thought behind it (keeping the average of everything at default). It does a lot of good things - but the more I experiment, the less I am convinced that the "average of 50" approach is the way to go. In fact, I like using the "split penalty" approach but I agree with some stuff that King has sent me via PM that the CFM value is the real driving force for the animations - the MM value merely alters it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »