JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 95 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #753
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if you had auto subs low across the board (like we do for QB). Could potentially raise other positions effectiveness as well? Or even just the ones we want to anyway, such as RB.
I actually thought about this too...like lowering the d-line autosub values to possibly even out the o-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
As for penalties vs gameplay, to use an extreme example; I'd rather good gameplay and zero penalties as opposed to crap game play and 5-10 penalties per side, per game. Even best of both worlds; decent gameplay and some penalties. I would honestly accept zero penalties to have inferior animations + gameplay if it was significant enough.
I think you meant superior animations

But yes, I totally agree. NCAA 14 by its nature has very few penalties called, but with the right sliders (yes, I am partial to my own) it is absolutely tremendous. Quite frankly, as solid as M16's gameplay is, I'll take NCAA 14's (with my sliders) over it in a heartbeat.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #754
Rookie
 
dsmith710's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
At first, there was a thought behind it (keeping the average of everything at default). It does a lot of good things - but the more I experiment, the less I am convinced that the "average of 50" approach is the way to go. In fact, I like using the "split penalty" approach but I agree with some stuff that King has sent me via PM that the CFM value is the real driving force for the animations - the MM value merely alters it.
I'm interested in what you and king are finding with the penalty sliders. Leaving the regular sliders at default is one thing, but if the penalty sliders alter game play yet not impacting one side over the other then that makes sense.
dsmith710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #755
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I actually thought about this too...like lowering the d-line autosub values to possibly even out the o-line.
And FYI....just tried that and not seeing a big difference
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #756
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I actually thought about this too...like lowering the d-line autosub values to possibly even out the o-line.



I think you meant superior animations

But yes, I totally agree. NCAA 14 by its nature has very few penalties called, but with the right sliders (yes, I am partial to my own) it is absolutely tremendous. Quite frankly, as solid as M16's gameplay is, I'll take NCAA 14's (with my sliders) over it in a heartbeat.
I'm guessing you never tested out the lower DL sub theory to match the OL?

Haha yes, I certainly did mean superior. I shall go and edit that.

EDIT: You answered my question in the post above. That's a shame. Would've been nice if we could have positively influenced positional play with the auto sub settings. Wonder if the higher QB settings with terrible gameplay was just a fluke?

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-08-2015 at 09:00 PM.
TheWood56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #757
Rookie
 
dsmith710's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
And FYI....just tried that and not seeing a big difference
Does offsides influence d-line play and false start impacts o-line? Instead of evening them out, if you heavily favored the d-line would that create a better line experience? Do you think this could create a good upfield rush by the d-line while allowing a pocket to form and/or more running lanes?
dsmith710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #758
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Does offsides influence d-line play and false start impacts o-line? Instead of evening them out, if you heavily favored the d-line would that create a better line experience? Do you think this could create a good upfield rush by the d-line while allowing a pocket to form and/or more running lanes?
Sounds good, but what about the CPU running game which is already pretty nerfed IMO. I see you mentioned rushing lanes, but if they're exploding off the snap and have more "oomph" than the OL, I could see a lot of TFL and the CPU run game being even more powerless.

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-08-2015 at 09:05 PM.
TheWood56 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #759
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Does offsides influence d-line play and false start impacts o-line? Instead of evening them out, if you heavily favored the d-line would that create a better line experience? Do you think this could create a good upfield rush by the d-line while allowing a pocket to form and/or more running lanes?
Yeah, we explored that on NCAA 14 and it worked as you postulate (although for that game, keeping them even worked much better). The thing I don't love is that the slider itself becomes a more dominant factor than the player ratings. However, I think we can all agree that at a base level, the O-line is too dominant. Maybe it is more appropriate for this game. Thanks for bringing that up.

Sidebar: facemask at 45/45 has definitely brought back broken tackles


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Sounds good, but what about the CPU running game which is already pretty nerfed IMO. I see you mentioned rushing lanes, but if they're exploding off the snap and have more "oomph" than the OL, I could see a lot of TFL and the CPU run game being even more powerless.
And there is the other possible issue...BUT if we can get better blockshed along with it, the o-line can get those second-level blocks or shift their block from a double team to another defender.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-08-2015 at 09:08 PM.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #760
Welcome Back
 
DerkontheOS's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville,IL
Posts: 3,150
Blog Entries: 15
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, we explored that on NCAA 14 and it worked as you postulate (although for that game, keeping them even worked much better). The thing I don't love is that the slider itself becomes a more dominant factor than the player ratings. However, I think we can all agree that at a base level, the O-line is too dominant. Maybe it is more appropriate for this game. Thanks for bringing that up.

Sidebar: facemask at 45/45 has definitely brought back broken tackles




And there is the other possible issue...BUT if we can get better blockshed along with it, the o-line can get those second-level blocks or shift their block from a double team to another defender.
DerkontheOS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Top -