JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 95 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #753
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if you had auto subs low across the board (like we do for QB). Could potentially raise other positions effectiveness as well? Or even just the ones we want to anyway, such as RB.
I actually thought about this too...like lowering the d-line autosub values to possibly even out the o-line.

Quote:
As for penalties vs gameplay, to use an extreme example; I'd rather good gameplay and zero penalties as opposed to crap game play and 5-10 penalties per side, per game. Even best of both worlds; decent gameplay and some penalties. I would honestly accept zero penalties to have inferior animations + gameplay if it was significant enough.
I think you meant superior animations

But yes, I totally agree. NCAA 14 by its nature has very few penalties called, but with the right sliders (yes, I am partial to my own) it is absolutely tremendous. Quite frankly, as solid as M16's gameplay is, I'll take NCAA 14's (with my sliders) over it in a heartbeat.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #754
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
At first, there was a thought behind it (keeping the average of everything at default). It does a lot of good things - but the more I experiment, the less I am convinced that the "average of 50" approach is the way to go. In fact, I like using the "split penalty" approach but I agree with some stuff that King has sent me via PM that the CFM value is the real driving force for the animations - the MM value merely alters it.
I'm interested in what you and king are finding with the penalty sliders. Leaving the regular sliders at default is one thing, but if the penalty sliders alter game play yet not impacting one side over the other then that makes sense.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:54 PM   #755
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
I actually thought about this too...like lowering the d-line autosub values to possibly even out the o-line.
And FYI....just tried that and not seeing a big difference
Old 12-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #756
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I think you meant superior animations

But yes, I totally agree. NCAA 14 by its nature has very few penalties called, but with the right sliders (yes, I am partial to my own) it is absolutely tremendous. Quite frankly, as solid as M16's gameplay is, I'll take NCAA 14's (with my sliders) over it in a heartbeat.
I'm guessing you never tested out the lower DL sub theory to match the OL?

Haha yes, I certainly did mean superior. I shall go and edit that.

EDIT: You answered my question in the post above. That's a shame. Would've been nice if we could have positively influenced positional play with the auto sub settings. Wonder if the higher QB settings with terrible gameplay was just a fluke?

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-08-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #757
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
And FYI....just tried that and not seeing a big difference
Does offsides influence d-line play and false start impacts o-line? Instead of evening them out, if you heavily favored the d-line would that create a better line experience? Do you think this could create a good upfield rush by the d-line while allowing a pocket to form and/or more running lanes?
Old 12-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #758
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Does offsides influence d-line play and false start impacts o-line? Instead of evening them out, if you heavily favored the d-line would that create a better line experience? Do you think this could create a good upfield rush by the d-line while allowing a pocket to form and/or more running lanes?
Sounds good, but what about the CPU running game which is already pretty nerfed IMO. I see you mentioned rushing lanes, but if they're exploding off the snap and have more "oomph" than the OL, I could see a lot of TFL and the CPU run game being even more powerless.

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-08-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #759
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
Yeah, we explored that on NCAA 14 and it worked as you postulate (although for that game, keeping them even worked much better). The thing I don't love is that the slider itself becomes a more dominant factor than the player ratings. However, I think we can all agree that at a base level, the O-line is too dominant. Maybe it is more appropriate for this game. Thanks for bringing that up.

Sidebar: facemask at 45/45 has definitely brought back broken tackles

Quote:
Sounds good, but what about the CPU running game which is already pretty nerfed IMO. I see you mentioned rushing lanes, but if they're exploding off the snap and have more "oomph" than the OL, I could see a lot of TFL and the CPU run game being even more powerless.
And there is the other possible issue...BUT if we can get better blockshed along with it, the o-line can get those second-level blocks or shift their block from a double team to another defender.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-08-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #760
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Yeah, we explored that on NCAA 14 and it worked as you postulate (although for that game, keeping them even worked much better). The thing I don't love is that the slider itself becomes a more dominant factor than the player ratings. However, I think we can all agree that at a base level, the O-line is too dominant. Maybe it is more appropriate for this game. Thanks for bringing that up.

Sidebar: facemask at 45/45 has definitely brought back broken tackles

And there is the other possible issue...BUT if we can get better blockshed along with it, the o-line can get those second-level blocks or shift their block from a double team to another defender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »