Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (All-Pro)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (All-Pro) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do U Find My Sliders Realistic and Fun?
Yes 135 83.33%
No 27 16.67%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #1681
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (All-Pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypersonic
Flazko, have you tested these sliders with CPU v. CPU?
Don't know if Flazko tested his slider recommendations in CPU vs CPU games, but I am using his All-Madden set and I am happy with the results I am seeing so far. I watched another game last night when I went to the full 15 minute quarters and the result was a Dolphins 31 Redskins 20 game and the final stats were very realistic.

I have made four really minor tweaks to Flazko's slider settings but for the most part the integrity of his recommendations remain intact. My minor tweaks are as follows:

1) I increased the pass blocking slider by 5 points. I was trying to help the offenses a little when they were being blitzed to give the QB an extra second or so to get rid of the ball. It's hard to know how much of an effect this tweak has had. But I am happy with what I see now.

2) I noticed the defensive offside penalty slider was at a 65 while the offensive illegal procedure slider was only at a 55 and I was noticing more defensive infractions than offensive ones. I made both sliders 65s and now they seem to have balanced themselves out.

3) I decreased the punting distance by about 5 points as one of the things I disliked about Madden 15 was the rather long booming punts. Not sure how much of this was influenced by the slider setting and how much of it was just coded in the game (I remember in Madden 15 it did not seem to matter what the slider setting was at). Anyway I toned down the punting a distance a little from Flazko's recommendations and I like what I see so far.

4) I increased the field goal distance by about 3 points while decreasing the accuracy by about 2 points. Making 50+ yard field goals in the NFL should happen, but not every time. So far I like what I see.

Other than that, I give two thumbs up to Flazko's All-Madden slider recommendations. His recommendation for QB accuracy only at an 8 is actually spot on. I am seeing very believable QB stats where sometimes the QB delivers the ball on target. sometimes it is under thrown and sometimes it is over thrown. I am also seeing very believable interception numbers. If he did not test his recommendations on CPU vs CPU games, no worries as I will. haha

Last edited by My993C2; 02-11-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #1682
Pro

T1TRAPTOR's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Don't know if Flazko tested his slider recommendations in CPU vs CPU games, but I am using his All-Madden set and I am happy with the results I am seeing so far. I watched another game last night when I went to the full 15 minute quarters and the result was a Dolphins 31 Redskins 20 game and the final stats were very realistic.

I have made four really minor tweaks to Flazko's slider settings but for the most part the integrity of his recommendations remain intact. My minor tweaks are as follows:

1) I increased the pass blocking slider by 5 points. I was trying to help the offenses a little when they were being blitzed to give the QB an extra second or so to get rid of the ball. It's hard to know how much of an effect this tweak has had. But I am happy with what I see now.

2) I noticed the defensive offside penalty slider was at a 65 while the offensive illegal procedure slider was only at a 55 and I was noticing more defensive infractions than offensive ones. I made both sliders 65s and now they seem to have balanced themselves out.

3) I decreased the punting distance by about 5 points as one of the things I disliked about Madden 15 was the rather long booming punts. Not sure how much of this was influenced by the slider setting and how much of it was just coded in the game (I remember in Madden 15 it did not seem to matter what the slider setting was at). Anyway I toned down the punting a distance a little from Flazko's recommendations and I like what I see so far.

4) I increased the field goal distance by about 3 points while decreasing the accuracy by about 2 points. Making 50+ yard field goals in the NFL should happen, but not every time. So far I like what I see.

Other than that, I give two thumbs up to Flazko's All-Madden slider recommendations. His recommendation for QB accuracy only at an 8 is actually spot on. I am seeing very believable QB stats where sometimes the QB delivers the ball on target. sometimes it is under thrown and sometimes it is over thrown. I am also seeing very believable interception numbers. If he did not test his recommendations on CPU vs CPU games, no worries as I will. haha
Interesting, thanks for posing! I'll have to try this out.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #1683
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Appreciate this post. I do not do cpu vs cpu, but I'm glad you're trying it out.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #1684
Rookie

Flazko, I saw an update on 2/11 front page of sliders....did you change or adjust something with the sliders? thanks in advance
Old 02-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #1685
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Appreciate this post. I do not do cpu vs cpu, but I'm glad you're trying it out.
I am still seeing some low scoring games even with 15 minute quarters. Last night the Panthers defeated the Jags 20-13 and most of that game was a defensive struggle. It wasn't until late in the 4th when the Panthers offense woke up to win the game. But the game I was more concerned about was when the Rams beat Seattle 17-6. However it's not always a slider issue. Playbooks and play selection are also factors. The Seahawks kept insisting on trying to run with Lynch on 1st down, then 2nd down and even on 3rd and long they would still try and run and the Rams D might have occasionally bent, but they never broke. Plus at one point late in the 3rd quarter with Seattle looking at a 3rd and goal from the 6 yard line, Wilson rolled out to the right, the receiver in the end zone was covered. But it looked like Wilson could have run the ball in (not the first time in the game that Russell Wilson broke out of the pocket to run). There is no guarantee that he would have scored, but it looked like he had a chance. But before he crossed the line of scrimmage, instead of possibly walking it in for a TD, he threw the ball away. Points lost which contributed to the low scoring game. So it's not always a slider thing.

I am thinking of increasing the the QB accuracy to a 10 or possibly a 12. Perhaps increase the WR catching a few points and also decrease the pass coverage by a small amount as well. But I only want to make minor tweaks. For the most part your slider recommendations are good for CPU vs CPU games even if you never tested them in this mode. What's funny is that in past Madden iterations I struggled with high scoring games and now I am facing the opposite. haha

Edited to add: I decided not to change the QB accuracy slider. I will keep it at 8. When I asked myself, why did the Rams beat Seattle? It was because Seattle could not run despite continuing to try and run. So bumped up the run blocking slider to a 48, added a couple of ticks to the pass receiving and subtracted a couple of ticks from the pass coverage slider. Then I replayed the game and this time Seattle won 26-19. It was an excellent very believable game. The Seahawks passed for 297 yards and ran for 131 while the Rams passed for 115 and ran for 136 yards but 72 of those rushing yards came on one play when Rams RB Gurley busted a long run for a TD in the 2nd quarter. I will keep these sliders as is for the rest of my week #1 games and see what happens.

Last edited by My993C2; 02-12-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 06:08 PM   #1686
Rookie

Your sliders are banging the best ive ever played with. Whats are the sliders up to date!!!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #1687
Rookie

Quote:
I am still seeing some low scoring games even with 15 minute quarters. Last night the Panthers defeated the Jags 20-13 and most of that game was a defensive struggle. It wasn't until late in the 4th when the Panthers offense woke up to win the game. But the game I was more concerned about was when the Rams beat Seattle 17-6. However it's not always a slider issue. Playbooks and play selection are also factors. The Seahawks kept insisting on trying to run with Lynch on 1st down, then 2nd down and even on 3rd and long they would still try and run and the Rams D might have occasionally bent, but they never broke. Plus at one point late in the 3rd quarter with Seattle looking at a 3rd and goal from the 6 yard line, Wilson rolled out to the right, the receiver in the end zone was covered. But it looked like Wilson could have run the ball in (not the first time in the game that Russell Wilson broke out of the pocket to run). There is no guarantee that he would have scored, but it looked like he had a chance. But before he crossed the line of scrimmage, instead of possibly walking it in for a TD, he threw the ball away. Points lost which contributed to the low scoring game. So it's not always a slider thing.

I am thinking of increasing the the QB accuracy to a 10 or possibly a 12. Perhaps increase the WR catching a few points and also decrease the pass coverage by a small amount as well. But I only want to make minor tweaks. For the most part your slider recommendations are good for CPU vs CPU games even if you never tested them in this mode. What's funny is that in past Madden iterations I struggled with high scoring games and now I am facing the opposite. haha

Edited to add: I decided not to change the QB accuracy slider. I will keep it at 8. When I asked myself, why did the Rams beat Seattle? It was because Seattle could not run despite continuing to try and run. So bumped up the run blocking slider to a 48, added a couple of ticks to the pass receiving and subtracted a couple of ticks from the pass coverage slider. Then I replayed the game and this time Seattle won 26-19. It was an excellent very believable game. The Seahawks passed for 297 yards and ran for 131 while the Rams passed for 115 and ran for 136 yards but 72 of those rushing yards came on one play when Rams RB Gurley busted a long run for a TD in the 2nd quarter. I will keep these sliders as is for the rest of my week #1 games and see what happens.
What are your EXACT sliders as of right now?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #1688
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Just to clear things up once again as I've done numerous times, my slider sets are created to give you fun realistic games, they're not created to make every game hard cuz there are bad teams in the NFL, that would not be realistic, if all you care about is every game being hard then my sets are not for you, go use default all madden or find someone else's set, I believe player ratings should matter, match ups on the field should matter, I don't look at team ratings, I look at match ups, cuz in the NFL that's what matters, is player vs player. I created my two sets to try making games realistic as possible for all pro and all madden users, we can only do so much to tune what EA has done with madden. I know tons of you love my sets, I just wanted to let you know what my sets are meant for based on an other thread I saw in the forums. I have spent time away from not playing with my new born daughter and missing out on family time so I could work on creating sliders for those who want a better realistic experience in Madden. I have been asked why I choose slow gamespeed and it's due to player warping and players sliding on the field, try other game speeds and you will see the difference and I choose to not use any of the assists or visual feedbacks because they cause glitches in the game and they also make the game too easy, for example the heat seeker makes tackling easy, you should be penalized for taking the wrong angle when trying to make a tackle, and visual feedbacks make getting sacks and getting INTs easier , anyways thank u to everyone who appreciates the time and the product I have provided, I myself tried tons of other sliders and wasn't satisfied so I created my own. Sliders are not shoes, they don't fit everyone thanks again everyone.

Last edited by Flazko; 02-14-2016 at 12:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »