Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (All-Pro)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (All-Pro) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do U Find My Sliders Realistic and Fun?
Yes 135 83.33%
No 27 16.67%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #481
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (All-Pro)

These sliders are great. I started using them a few days ago and was a little over halfway through my season. I ended up going something like 5-3 to finish the year and won then won the Super Bowl. I still have some games where I blow out teams, but there are also some really tight games too.

In my Divisional Playoff game against Seattle, I was held to under 90 passing yards. We couldn't get anything going and spent half the game punting. Luckily, my defense was bending, but not breaking. Ended up kicking the game-winning field goal with 4 seconds left in the game from 52 yards out. Good thing the wind was in my favor. The final was 17-16.

Then in the Super Bowl, I played another tough game against New England. It started off great, with me leading 14-0 in the first quarter. Then the Patriots brought it back and tied it up. We traded scores the rest of the way until I hit the go-ahead field goal with 1:09 left in the 4th quarter. Brady started moving the ball down the field and the announcers said they needed to get to the 39 yard line to get in field goal range. We eventually stopped them at the 40 and forced them to kick it with 3 seconds left on the clock. The kick was a bit wide and we won.

Some notes on the sliders themselves:
-I felt like the yardage totals were a bit high overall so I dropped the quarter length from 15 to 12 minutes and it's really helped.

-There is some real variance when it comes to opposing QB completion percentage. Usually, the opponent is anywhere between 50-65%, but sometimes they will drop an 80+% on me. It doesn't happen too often so I think it's just game randomness or matchups.

-I've actually started seeing fumbles since I started using this set. In the first half of my season without the sliders, I forced 1 fumble. There were about 4 or 5 in the second half plus the playoffs. I'm in my next season and just played a really weird game against the Bucs though. I forced 5 fumbles and was able to recover 4 of them. The weather was normal. I've played 13 games with this set and this is the only instance of this so I'm convinced it's a fluke.

-I adjusted Human and CPU run blocking by a few points each to make it more realistic. I was having too easy of a time and the CPU was struggling way too much for my liking. Since the tweaks, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I was just torched in the Bucs game, allowing an absurd 7 YPC which was pretty crazy. In most games, both teams average anywhere between 3-6 YPC. I really like how much it varies from game-to-game.

-I'm not sure what slider affects this or if any of them even do, but there are games where the opposing secondary can completely take my receivers out of the game. I play as the Rams so my top guy is Kenny Britt. He isn't amazing, but gets the job done a lot of the time. Before using sliders, it wasn't too hard for him to get open and make plays. Since I started using this set, he has been completely taken out of 2 or 3 games. It really makes those games against the Seahawks and the Cardinals pretty interesting.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #482
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateAndStuff
These sliders are great. I started using them a few days ago and was a little over halfway through my season. I ended up going something like 5-3 to finish the year and won then won the Super Bowl. I still have some games where I blow out teams, but there are also some really tight games too.

In my Divisional Playoff game against Seattle, I was held to under 90 passing yards. We couldn't get anything going and spent half the game punting. Luckily, my defense was bending, but not breaking. Ended up kicking the game-winning field goal with 4 seconds left in the game from 52 yards out. Good thing the wind was in my favor. The final was 17-16.

Then in the Super Bowl, I played another tough game against New England. It started off great, with me leading 14-0 in the first quarter. Then the Patriots brought it back and tied it up. We traded scores the rest of the way until I hit the go-ahead field goal with 1:09 left in the 4th quarter. Brady started moving the ball down the field and the announcers said they needed to get to the 39 yard line to get in field goal range. We eventually stopped them at the 40 and forced them to kick it with 3 seconds left on the clock. The kick was a bit wide and we won.

Some notes on the sliders themselves:
-I felt like the yardage totals were a bit high overall so I dropped the quarter length from 15 to 12 minutes and it's really helped.

-There is some real variance when it comes to opposing QB completion percentage. Usually, the opponent is anywhere between 50-65%, but sometimes they will drop an 80+% on me. It doesn't happen too often so I think it's just game randomness or matchups.

-I've actually started seeing fumbles since I started using this set. In the first half of my season without the sliders, I forced 1 fumble. There were about 4 or 5 in the second half plus the playoffs. I'm in my next season and just played a really weird game against the Bucs though. I forced 5 fumbles and was able to recover 4 of them. The weather was normal. I've played 13 games with this set and this is the only instance of this so I'm convinced it's a fluke.

-I adjusted Human and CPU run blocking by a few points each to make it more realistic. I was having too easy of a time and the CPU was struggling way too much for my liking. Since the tweaks, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I was just torched in the Bucs game, allowing an absurd 7 YPC which was pretty crazy. In most games, both teams average anywhere between 3-6 YPC. I really like how much it varies from game-to-game.

-I'm not sure what slider affects this or if any of them even do, but there are games where the opposing secondary can completely take my receivers out of the game. I play as the Rams so my top guy is Kenny Britt. He isn't amazing, but gets the job done a lot of the time. Before using sliders, it wasn't too hard for him to get open and make plays. Since I started using this set, he has been completely taken out of 2 or 3 games. It really makes those games against the Seahawks and the Cardinals pretty interesting.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the set.
Great man. Glad u enjoy them
Toady they were finalized. The passing game should be a little tighter for both cpu and user. I'm glad you're adjusting to better fit you. Cuz everyone is different. These were made to be realistic as possible, doesn't mean they're gonna be perfect for everyone. U have to see whats top hard and too easy for u and adjust it

Last edited by Flazko; 10-03-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #483
Pro

I may have asked this before, but what would I have to increase to make the CPU pursuit of the ball faster, reaction time? Would I lower human run block too?
Old 10-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #484
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
I may have asked this before, but what would I have to increase to make the CPU pursuit of the ball faster, reaction time? Would I lower human run block too?
Reaction time is fine just lower user run block
Old 10-04-2015, 04:42 AM   #485
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcardfan
I just tried out the new sliders. When I'm on defense, it seems pretty good. The only problem I'm having on defense is that their running game is killing me. What should I adjust? Run block by 2 or 3? Their rb is breaking lots of tackles and playing a really good game. When I'm on offense, it's really difficult to get anything going. I'd rather it be like this than me scoring every drive, but I can't score at all right now. Not sure what I should adjust. What made you decide to go from fast to slow? What makes slow better? I know you had mentioned that fast is closer to real life speed, but I'm assuming that slow has better gameplay? I'm used to playing on normal.
I kill the cpu running attack. A team has yet to average more than 3ypc against me. I try to stay in my base defense on first downs, even against 3 wr sets...and if they are showing a 2 back set, I'm showing blitz to get 8 in the box.

One of the very few issues I have with this madden is it seems that the coach AI is broken... I can be up by 3 touchdowns and teams are still trying to run the ball on first and second down. This is especially true with run based teams like Carolina. I was wondering is anyone else was seeing this.

Last edited by adickerson; 10-04-2015 at 05:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #486
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
I kill the cpu running attack. A team has yet to average more than 3ypc against me. I try to stay in my base defense on first downs, even against 3 wr sets...and if they are showing a 2 back set, I'm showing blitz to get 8 in the box.

One of the very few issues I have with this madden is it seems that the coach AI is broken... I can be up by 3 touchdowns and teams are still trying to run the ball on first and second down. This is especially true with run based teams like Carolina. I was wondering is anyone else was seeing this.
Same her. U need to put the cpu run block to what I'm using. Put it between 69-72. I have it at 72. I'm too good against the run. I have it at 63 on my set for the average gamer. But if you're a experienced madden player then u need some competition from the cpu running so 72 is perfect. If u were to play on all madden the cpu run blocking would be at 75. So 71-72 is perfect.

Last edited by Flazko; 10-04-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #487
Rookie

JCLII's Arena

Loving these sliders. I have played 2 games and have realistic stats and its been fun to play. I'm still struggling running the ball so I may adjust user run block if I don't improve after a couple more games. Overall the sliders have upped my enjoyment of the game by a ton.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #488
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLII
Loving these sliders. I have played 2 games and have realistic stats and its been fun to play. I'm still struggling running the ball so I may adjust user run block if I don't improve after a couple more games. Overall the sliders have upped my enjoyment of the game by a ton.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Good. Thanks for the feedback . Glad you're enjoying. Turn user run block between 42-46. Anywhere between is good for stats and to keep it realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »