Home

Inside the Numbers: Penalty Sliders

This is a discussion on Inside the Numbers: Penalty Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Inside the Numbers: Penalty Sliders

I know all you slider guru's are hard at work perfecting your sliders. I personally have opted to go with default once I start my CFM. However, one thing I will be making edits to is penalties. I'm hoping this post will be just about getting the penalties right in terms of quantity.

So first I have to preface one thing. You can only control what you can control with the sliders. There is no slider for illegal shift/motion or even a penalty in madden for it. So how do you get that into the game? Well you have to up the False Start slider and just accept that the only 5 yard penalty on offense is False Start. If you can't accept that then you will not have realistic penalty stats.

Below you will see the Madden slider you can control along with real NFL penalties and where those penalties would align with Madden to give you a realistic total.

Offside (Offside, Neutral Zone Infraction, Encroachment) = 1.27 per game combined both teams

False Start (False Start, Delay of Game*, Illegal Formation, Illegal Shift, Illegal Substitution, 12 men in the huddle, Illegal Motion, Offside, Ineligible Receiver Downfield) = 3.49 per game
*Delay of game happens about 1 time per game on its own. However, most players can control this and never get delay. Your option is to make this happen 1 time per game or just include it in the false start total)

Offensive Holding (Holding, Illegal Use of Hands, Tripping, Clipping, Chopblock, Low Block) =3.28 per game
After holding most of those are 15 yard penalties but there are no 15 yard offensive penalties in Madden

Defensive Holding (Holding, Illegal Contact Downfield) = 1.33 per game

Facemask (Unnecessary Roughness, Facemask, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Personal Foul, Horse Collar) = 1.61 per game

Illegal Block (Illegal Block above the waist, Illegal Blindside block) =0.49 per game

Roughing the Passer = 0.39 per game

Defensive Pass Interference = 0.84 per game

Total Penalties Per Game 13.2 combined by both teams

Feel free to post your penalty sliders if you are achieving realistic stats. I'd be happy to try them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Inside the Numbers: Penalty Sliders

Thanks for these averages. Gives me something to check off during games now. Penalty's are next on my list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »