Home

Most Challenging AP Sliders

This is a discussion on Most Challenging AP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 04:55 PM   #9
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most Challenging AP Sliders

I made my own sliders on AM.. So far I'm 1-2.. They're challenging..
Old 09-21-2015, 05:05 PM   #10
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Give my sliders a try. Haven't had one bad complaint.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:31 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I get what you're saying.

My query was really more of whether or not there's a consensus set of AP sliders already in existence that delivers losses to the HUM without the HUM doing all kinds of crazy maneuvers to handicap him or herself.

And re: levels, I'd say you're partially right and partially wrong. You know well enough that the AI on AP and AM is simply different, and especially with regard to CPU QB play, there's just no way to make a CPU QB on AP play as well or as aggressively, with any consistency, as a CPU QB on AM. CPU runners also seem to behave differently on AM with regard to finding holes, using special moves, etc.

On AP, you might be able to reproduce similar statistical results by totally nerfing the HUM coverage or HUM tackling, but the manner in which those results are achieved will be aesthetically quite different.

Still, point taken. Thanks!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #12
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

If you want a challenging experience where you won't win every single game, forget All Pro and play All Madden and edit the sliders to your liking.. I made my own All Madden slider set and I couldn't be happier with the gameplay/results.. I'll probably post them tonight.. Currently I'm 1-2 as and all the games have been close.. No high scores.. Plenty of punts.. You have to be strategic to get the ball into the end zone..
Old 09-22-2015, 01:24 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

I couldn't get a challenge from the CPU run game no matter what I changed on All-Pro. Their runningbacks ran sluggish and with horrible vision, even with raising their run blocking and lowering my tackle. I really wish there was a slider for RB effectiveness.

I got a good game in all other aspects, but because CPU running was so bad against me I had to settle on All Madden.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:30 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
On AP, you might be able to reproduce similar statistical results by totally nerfing the HUM coverage or HUM tackling, but the manner in which those results are achieved will be aesthetically quite different.
Couldn't you apply that same logic if you switched the AI settings on All Madden for the CPU (lowering down)?

I mean seriously how is it considered nerfing down the human if your lowering a slider on All Pro to get somewhat realistic stats yet the the same rules wouldn't apply if you lower a slider on All Madden level?

Now granted I don't prefer either level but that comment just makes no sense to me....

I haven't looked at many slider sets here on All Madden but I can assure you there aren't that many people playing with the CPU QBA at 50 or higher and if they are then why raise the Human Pass Coverage wouldn't that then be considered the opposite of nerfing down a slider rather instead your inflating a Human slider?

and for the record even on All Madden default the CPU RB's can't move the ball vs me regardless of the argument that their vision improves....that is because the tackle slider for the human player is way overrated on all levels of play IMO.

Now I don't know about you but I have to raise run block on all levels of Madden in order for the CPU to have running game and then as you put it nerf down my tackle slider in order for them to a have fighting chance.........meaning they (CPU) won't average 4.0 yards per carry on me regardless of what level I play on because that is a constant problem with Madden every single year when it comes to the CPU Running game.

So I respectfully disagree with that logic because on all levels there are compromises to be made one way or the other

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-22-2015 at 05:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »