Home

Most Challenging AP Sliders

This is a discussion on Most Challenging AP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Most Challenging AP Sliders

I typically run with AP sliders, but this year have found that inside of CFM, I have to almost force myself to lose games if I'm ever to lose. I use my whole playbook, run a balanced attack, and play assignment football on defense, so I'm not cheesing the game by any stretch, but I'm finding that the CPU gives me very little challenge on AP.

What's odd is that in Play Now games, I had found AP to be challenging enough, but CFM seems to yield different results.

So what I'm wondering is which sliders folks recommend to deliver a legit challenge at the AP level. I want to be able to struggle to win with bad teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 01:10 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Most Challenging AP Sliders

Never understood the concept of most challenging slider set

Because IMO you can make sliders challenging regardless of level.

I think the issue is from what I read mostly is the user not putting forth the effort to make several adjustments on their own if it's required.

Therefor the slider creator constantly makes daily changes based on a few posters feedback.

It's quite simple if you pick a set of sliders and QBA is too easy at 40 or 30 then why not just bottom the slider out and work your way back up to a setting that fits your skill or playing style the best?

That actually works on all levels of Madden....

IF your using someone's sliders and the running game is too easy again why not just bottom out the slider and work your way back up til you get the results you desire?

Over the course of time every single slider set on these boards will need to be adjusted based on the individual using them.....

I've fiddled around with every level since the game released is IMO nothing has changed between the 3 levels QBA, Run Block and Pass Block are the constant 3 Human sliders that separate the game experience from challenging or easy.....

It's up to the USER to figure out and adjust where those sliders should be based on their skill level not the slider level

I think most USERS could realistically leave just about every single CPU slider at 50 on any level and get a challenging game if their wiling to adjust the human sliders that don't make the gameplay overpowering.

That's just my 2-cents

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-21-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Never understood the concept of most challenging slider set

Because IMO you can make sliders challenging regardless of level.

I think the issue is from what I read mostly is the user not putting forth the effort to make several adjustments on their own if it's required.

Therefor the slider creator constantly makes daily changes based on a few posters feedback.

It's quite simple if you pick a set of sliders and QBA is too easy at 40 or 30 then why not just bottom the slider out and work your way back up to a setting that fits your skill or playing style the best?

That actually works on all levels of Madden....

IF your using someone's sliders and the running game is too easy again why not just bottom out the slider and work your way back up til you get the results you desire?

Over the course of time every single slider set on these boards will need to be adjusted based on the individual using them.....

I've fiddled around with every level since the game released is IMO nothing has changed between the 3 levels QBA, Run Block and Pass Block are the constant 3 Human sliders that separate the game experience from challenging or easy.....

It's up to the USER to figure out and adjust where those sliders should be based on their skill level not the slider level

I think most USERS could realistically leave just about every single CPU slider at 50 on any level and get a challenging game if their wiling to adjust the human sliders that don't make the gameplay overpowering.

That's just my 2-cents

I get what you're saying.

My query was really more of whether or not there's a consensus set of AP sliders already in existence that delivers losses to the HUM without the HUM doing all kinds of crazy maneuvers to handicap him or herself.

And re: levels, I'd say you're partially right and partially wrong. You know well enough that the AI on AP and AM is simply different, and especially with regard to CPU QB play, there's just no way to make a CPU QB on AP play as well or as aggressively, with any consistency, as a CPU QB on AM. CPU runners also seem to behave differently on AM with regard to finding holes, using special moves, etc.

On AP, you might be able to reproduce similar statistical results by totally nerfing the HUM coverage or HUM tackling, but the manner in which those results are achieved will be aesthetically quite different.

Still, point taken. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Most people that have tried my sliders have found them challenging yet realistic.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Play on all madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #6
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

All-Pro is really tuned good this year. All I've done to make it more of a challenge is, use coaching suggestions and strategy playcalling, adjusted the penalties to match what we see irl, and lowered the Int slider so it's less probable for defenders to catch every bad throw.

I'm playing every game on the schedule(32 team control) and I'm using the teams that won irl and trying to win w/ them in my CFM. So far I'm 14-5 using the teams that won irl.

I think alot of the slider changes are not needed when you play more of a coach mode style and stick to coaching calls and strategy calls. It plays out like a cpu vs cpu game this way.
If your not a coach mode type player, which by looks of your OP you are not. You may want to either start w/ All-Pro and increase just the CPU sliders(like Playmakers mentioned)or start w/ All-Madden and decrease just the cpu sliders.
Penalties also make a difference in the difficulty imo.
If your just looking to jump into a set of sliders w/ a tough challenge, you have plenty of options in this slider forum.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-21-2015 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Play on all madden
I'm considering it, but there's a long legacy of sim gamers feeling like All Madden doesn't get tougher by realistic means, but rather gets tougher by making your players do dumb things.

I'm currently on AM, and when I watch replays of defensive players on my team being in position to make a play on a ball or a ball carrier, then all of the sudden run in an opposite direction to the main action of the play, it looks like the CPU just told itself to move my guy out of the way regardless of contextual and aesthetic factors, and that weirds me out.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #8
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm considering it, but there's a long legacy of sim gamers feeling like All Madden doesn't get tougher by realistic means, but rather gets tougher by making your players do dumb things.

I'm currently on AM, and when I watch replays of defensive players on my team being in position to make a play on a ball or a ball carrier, then all of the sudden run in an opposite direction to the main action of the play, it looks like the CPU just told itself to move my guy out of the way regardless of contextual and aesthetic factors, and that weirds me out.
That's one thing I have NOT noticed on All-Pro. Now, for ex. If I highlight the TE and they have a WR running a streak next to the TE, my safety will abandon his deep assignment to go cover the TE underneath, which could lead to giving up a deep pass.
I have yet to see my defenders moving out of the way or running away from the ball carrier like M15 did.
Only 4 out of my 17 games have been blowout wins by me. The rest have been decided by 7pts or less, and I was blown out a couple games by the cpu. So far it's been really well balanced but it has more to do with how I call a game and keep it more coach mode.
If I called my own plays and put more user manipulation into it, I would need to adjust more I'm betting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »