Quarter Length - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quarter Length

This is a discussion on Quarter Length within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-29-2015, 10:04 PM   #9
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Quarter Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I've been on 10 sec run off and it's a challenge, I like it. I can't sit and make 3 or 4 adjustments, I've seen the cpu and me get delay of games every once in awhile. Happens to me more often.
I think it balances things out more b/c the cpu doesn't make audibles and such. Rxac
Anyway, get to the los maybe make a blocking adjustment or 1 hot route, fake hike every now again and you'll see a rare defensive encroachment this year, and false starts.
If I hike it w/ 4 seconds or so left I usually end up with a good amount of total plays. End of half and 4th qtr you'll get a good amount of plays anyway b/c teams going no huddle.
Exactly. You shouldn't have a lot of time to do a bunch of audibles and hot routes. When teams in real life break the huddle they don't have a lot of time to do adjustments at the line. The only time you have a lot if time to that is if you run no huddle or when the game clock stops and you're able to do that on the game now. If the clock is moving and you pick a play you're not suppose to have that much time coming out the huddle. In my opinion 10-12 seconds is the most realistic spot to put the runoff at.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I've been using 15 minute quarters with 11 second runoff
Old 09-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
Rookie

thorpedo66's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I been rocking 15 minutes with a 10 second runoff for 4 years now and it provides me with the perfect balance of 120-130 total plays.
Is this playing a cfm as a player or coach/owner? I tried 15 min. 10 sec. last night with my player CFM and was at like 136 total plays with about 5 min left in the 3rd qtr. I understand this setup works with either a coach or owner CFM but don't see it working to 120 - 130 total plays for a player cfm.

NFL : DA Bears
MLB : Brewers
NBA : Bucks
College: Badgers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #12
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Remember that speed comes in to play here. If you play on "Slow" speed you will have less plays as they take longer to occur. To get 120-130 plays i have done the following:

Slow speed - 15 min 15 sec runoff. I'm trying to find the sweet spot for Normal speed. When i did 15/15 on Normal i ended up with like 170 plays haha
Old 09-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #13
Rookie

thorpedo66's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
Remember that speed comes in to play here. If you play on "Slow" speed you will have less plays as they take longer to occur. To get 120-130 plays i have done the following:

Slow speed - 15 min 15 sec runoff. I'm trying to find the sweet spot for Normal speed. When i did 15/15 on Normal i ended up with like 170 plays haha
Ah that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up! I've been playing on normal speed and tried that with 15\10 so that makes sense for so many plays. I thought it was maybe because of being a player cfm.

NFL : DA Bears
MLB : Brewers
NBA : Bucks
College: Badgers
Old 09-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #14
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpedo66
Ah that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up! I've been playing on normal speed and tried that with 15\10 so that makes sense for so many plays. I thought it was maybe because of being a player cfm.
I've been trying 13 min/ 15 sec on Normal and am getting between 105-115 plays. I'm going to try 13/18 to see if that gives me those 5-10 extra plays per game.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #15
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpedo66
Is this playing a cfm as a player or coach/owner? I tried 15 min. 10 sec. last night with my player CFM and was at like 136 total plays with about 5 min left in the 3rd qtr. I understand this setup works with either a coach or owner CFM but don't see it working to 120 - 130 total plays for a player cfm.
Yeah I don't know if it makes a difference playing as a player but I use 15 minutes with the 10 second runoff with very fast gamespeed. If anything playing on normal should have gotten you less plays then what I'm getting so it might have something to do with you playing as a player.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #16
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
I've been trying 13 min/ 15 sec on Normal and am getting between 105-115 plays. I'm going to try 13/18 to see if that gives me those 5-10 extra plays per game.

You should just move your gameclock to 14 or 15 minutes. I think at normal speed you probably have to play with the runoff at 14 or 15 seconds to get around 120-130 minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »