Penalty Sliders and gameplay. - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Penalty Sliders and gameplay.

This is a discussion on Penalty Sliders and gameplay. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #9
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty Sliders and gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
Roughing the Passer and illegal block in back. Higher them both over 51 and see for yourself how many times its called. These two for sure I know get called a lot above 51. We need to test more and see if it effects gameplay. But I am leaning towards the player penalty trait being more responsible for frequency of calls.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #10
All Star

Flazko's Arena

It's probably best to leave penalties at 50 :and depend more on actual sliders to determine the gameplay
Old 10-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #11
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

Interesting read.. So does anybody have a good penalty slider set?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #12
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz17
Josh said he did. I'm setting them to 50 and depending more on my sliders to dictate gameplay
Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #13
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz17
You cannot get realistic blocking without lowering the holding slider to some degree. The amount of "holding" animations on default or above on the holding slider completely ruins lineplay. Lowering the block sliders mitigates this to some degree, but not enough to get proper block shed that is essential to getting second-level blocks from the o-line. However, by lowering the holding slider, you lose out on the probability of that penalty being called. Therein lies the rub. This is really the only penalty slider you have to go lower than default on to get accurate gameplay.

Everything else is to the preferences of the person playing the game.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Josh said he did. I'm setting them to 50 and depending more on my sliders to dictate gameplay
That is a reasonable approach if not for the lineplay issue. You have to go ultra low on the block sliders at default holding (like 15) to get realistic block shedding. The issue with going ultra-low on the block sliders is that there is some very glitchy play on PA passes (for both CPU and User) by the line. The O-line will let the defender by and then do this little dance forward and then walking backwards (and they will do it in unison). It is actually a bit comical (cj calls it the "Cha Cha")

Try 80 OS/80 FS/10 Hd with 40/40 for both RBK and PBK and you'll see much improved lineplay with pretty much any slider set....
Old 10-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #15
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That is a reasonable approach if not for the lineplay issue. You have to go ultra low on the block sliders at default holding (like 15) to get realistic block shedding. The issue with going ultra-low on the block sliders is that there is some very glitchy play on PA passes (for both CPU and User) by the line. The O-line will let the defender by and then do this little dance forward and then walking backwards (and they will do it in unison). It is actually a bit comical (cj calls it the "Cha Cha")

Try 80 OS/80 FS/10 Hd with 40/40 for both RBK and PBK and you'll see much improved lineplay with pretty much any slider set....
Don't u find it strange how EA said they added penalties (which they did) and now u can find a new player trait that is based on their discipline to be called for penalties. I don't think it's a coincidence. I think that is what effects penalty frequency. But we'll see cuz I'm sure a lot of us are testing this lol
Old 10-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #16
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

I'll give it a try. U think penalties act different in cfm though? Cuz I do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »