Speed Threshold/Parity on All Madden - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Speed Threshold/Parity on All Madden

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold/Parity on All Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Speed Threshold/Parity on All Madden

I've seen a few threads discussing speed threshold, but none specific for All Madden. I don't change sliders, so I play on default. On all pro, 50 speed parity seems great, my faster players get good separation and a quick RB can get outside on a toss play and burn the defenders if the blocking is good. But on default all madden, it feels like my players play slower (or the CPU is playing faster). I'm assuming speed parity plays a part in this, there is clearly a difference between all pro and all madden here.

I'm just wondering what everyone's experience is with the speed threshold for All Madden. On all pro, I'd never move it from 50, but I think that there may be a better setting on All Madden.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Speed Threshold/Parity on All Madden

0 threshold..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

0 threshold has always played great for me on Alll-Madden every year. But I don't think the threshold has anything to do with what you are talking about as far as your players playing slower. It's just that the CPU reacts to your plays quicker on All-Madden compared to All-Pro so you're just not use to that.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0

For years I've also used 0 threshold but this year since they used a different speed rating system (they are using players 40 yard dash times), I've kept it between 45-50.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Rookie

I was thinking about this today. Since the cpu receives boosts to speed on all-madden i would assume you want to have speed parity above 50 to counter the speed increase and bring your players more in line to what you see on all-pro. I haven't tested to see what that number would be but i think that's the way you want to go with all-madden. Anything lower then 50 will just increase the speed boost that the cpu receives
Old 11-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyg412
I was thinking about this today. Since the cpu receives boosts to speed on all-madden i would assume you want to have speed parity above 50 to counter the speed increase and bring your players more in line to what you see on all-pro. I haven't tested to see what that number would be but i think that's the way you want to go with all-madden. Anything lower then 50 will just increase the speed boost that the cpu receives
I don't know who started that lie about the CPU getting a speed boost on All-Madden but that isn't true at all. The difference on All-Madden and All-Pro is the CPU reacts quicker and there more aggressive on All-Madden. They probably get a small rating boost but it's nothing major that any good player can't handle but there isn't any difference in speed between the USER and CPU. It never has been.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-03-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I don't know who started that lie about the CPU getting a speed boost on All-Madden but that isn't true at all. The difference on All-Madden and All-Pro is the CPU reacts quicker and there more aggressive on All-Madden. They probably get a small rating boost but it's nothing major that any good player can't handle but there isn't any difference in speed between the USER and CPU. It never has been.
They do receive a speed boost, look at the coach cam. The speed values don't match up with what is shown on the depth chart. Example, Terence Newman - 85 spd vs Mike Evans - 87 spd but is some how +5 on the coach cam but on all-pro he's only at +3. I'm pretty sure the speed rating on coach cam is the average of the players speed and acceleration, that's why Evans is at +3 instead of +2 on all-pro, 87+90/2=88.5 dropping the remainder. From what i can tell all-madden gives +3 to speed for the CPU, no increase to acceleration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »