Level discussion - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Level discussion

This is a discussion on Level discussion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-20-2015, 11:02 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Level discussion

This is the first year where I actually find the AI actually trying to win on All-Pro. In years past the AI would just be there and do some things but never put the pedal to the medal. It was more like a sparring match, the AI might do some things but no intention of actually beating you and if they were magically beating you, they would intentionally self implode.

I'm also convinced that when they make a patch, they do the tweaking on default all-pro.

So once you start tweaking sliders, things can get really discombobulated because in years past, sliders have been broken, reversed, or just plain don't do what they are supposed to.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #10
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'm also convinced that when they make a patch, they do the tweaking on default all-pro.

So once you start tweaking sliders, things can get really discombobulated because in years past, sliders have been broken, reversed, or just plain don't do what they are supposed to.
I agree in years past mainly the past 2-3 years sliders were broken which led to me not really digging into the game beyond roster editing....

I'm not sure AP level is the level in which they tweak the game though because every EA game is released on Pro level gameplay out of the box....

Also based on some past conversations it is to my knowledge that Pro level has always been the default level in which Ratings are true to form and then they get modified boost up

That is the main reason why i started to switch to this level in the past few years for NBA Live, NCAA Football and Madden to be honest with you.

But ultimately i think all levels of gameplay can be tweaked to produce solid results if one has the patience to tweak it.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #11
Rookie

goosedawg68's Arena

OVR: 1

I've had my best Madden games ever with Playmakers Pro set sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #12
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I really haven't found a real concrete answer to how much advantage the cpu or user gets on the difficulty levels. There is a boost for sure though.

When you look at the match up stick Pro and All Pro are the only levels that show numbers that are exactly as the ratings say.

We also know All Pro is more difficult than Pro. So there has to be something different from Pro to All pro. I'm still not sure what it is.

I have known All Madden gives a ratings boost to the CPU for years. It's not a good coach mode level for sure but, when I play against the CPU it creates an even playing field for me.

I can understand why some don't like it. I have a play calling advantage on the CPU. I have an advantage in the intelligence department over the AI. So to make it even the AI gains a slight ratings advantage. That's why for me it still comes out even.

The only way for ratings to 100% mater above anything else is to have a cpu v cpu game. You have to take the user out. I would guess Pro mode would be the best for that.

I think All Pro would be the best for Coach mode because you still have the advantage of intelligence in your user play calling versus the CPU.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I really haven't found a real concrete answer to how much advantage the cpu or user gets on the difficulty levels. There is a boost for sure though.

When you look at the match up stick Pro and All Pro are the only levels that show numbers that are exactly as the ratings say.

We also know All Pro is more difficult than Pro. So there has to be something different from Pro to All pro. I'm still not sure what it is.

I have known All Madden gives a ratings boost to the CPU for years. It's not a good coach mode level for sure but, when I play against the CPU it creates an even playing field for me.

I can understand why some don't like it. I have a play calling advantage on the CPU. I have an advantage in the intelligence department over the AI. So to make it even the AI gains a slight ratings advantage. That's why for me it still comes out even.

The only way for ratings to 100% mater above anything else is to have a cpu v cpu game. You have to take the user out. I would guess Pro mode would be the best for that.

I think All Pro would be the best for Coach mode because you still have the advantage of intelligence in your user play calling versus the CPU.
Yeah, I caught on the to the Pro ratings = All-Pro ratings thing too. I definitely think it can work for some people, but I'd really like to know what makes those two levels so different (other than the kicking of course, which is obvious). I think either Pro or All-Pro could work realistically for coach mode since the ratings aren't fudged, and it probably just comes down to the user's playcalling strategy.

Have you seen the difference on the coach stick ratings from Rookie to Pro? It's pretty funny.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Level discussion

I personally like how the game looks on Pro in coach mode using coach suggestions and the quick play call style. Despite winning 41-9 in my final preseason game, I was pleased with the numbers overall. Currently lead the Sam Bradford NE Patriots with my 2016-17 JAX Jaguars 14-7 in the 1st game of the regular season. My aim is to coach this entire season on default Pro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by NoleFan; 11-21-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Like a lot of people, I'm pleased with how games flow on All-Pro but not at all pleased with final scores. Simply put, it's too easy. The other problem is that All-Madden is too difficult. I like to not user anyone on defense and would like to let the ratings determine how effective my defense is. Unfortunately, if you don't user your defense the CPU WILL roll over you every game. I think All-Madden was 100% designed for stick jockeying.

The big difference between the two difficulties are the line interactions. All-Pro gives the user a huge offensive line boost while All-Madden provides the same boost to the CPU. This isn't a slider thing either, you can set user and CPU run block sliders to 0 and you will still see the interior lineman get massive push up the middle on more plays than not.

If they created a difficulty between All-Pro and All-Madden and took out both side's inherent offensive line boosts, you would have a god damn perfect game of football.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #16
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
This is the first year where I actually find the AI actually trying to win on All-Pro. In years past the AI would just be there and do some things but never put the pedal to the medal. It was more like a sparring match, the AI might do some things but no intention of actually beating you and if they were magically beating you, they would intentionally self implode.
THIS....exactly....

In years past, it would be, "I had 16 awesome games in a row but ended up 15-1 with (insert crappy team name here)."

This year....not so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »