Pass Coverage, Pass Reaction, Interception Sliders - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Coverage, Pass Reaction, Interception Sliders

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage, Pass Reaction, Interception Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #17
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pass Coverage, Pass Reaction, Interception Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
We've been specifically told that by the devs about this year's game and everyone chooses to ignore it.
Everyone ignores it because the visual evidence demonstrates that what they are saying is incorrect.

They don't realize (acknowledge) that the penalty sliders trigger certain animations or actions. The higher the slider, the more likely the animation is to occur, which affects how the game plays out, even if the penalty is not called. The obvious example is the holding slider - ratchet it up high (55 or higher) and the line play becomes incredibly sticky and there is minimal block shedding (low and it's the opposite). DPI is the same sort of deal....higher settings and DBs are all over the WRs (even if the penalty isn't called).
Old 11-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

O wow, no clue. Yet 90 they still dont stop any passes so go figure
Old 12-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #19
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I think the decision to limit sliders so severely is a tacit admission that they don't know well enough what does what within the game.

It's clear that certain sliders for some time have had lots of unintended secondary effects, likely stemming from the fact that the game hasn't received a totally clean overhaul in a really long time.

If it's obvious to us that several of the sliders we have effect too many different things, then maybe they're not capable of creating sliders that only have one, specific, precise effect at this point. Like an interception slider that ONLY modifies the attempts at picks and their success rate. Or a tackle slider that ONLY modifies the chance of making or breaking a tackle.

To get more sliders and more precise delineations of the effects of those sliders, they'd likely have to start fresh code-wise, and that's not happening any time soon.
This sounds like the exact conversation everyone was having only a few years ago with last gen
Old 12-12-2015, 02:16 AM   #20
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Since this got bumped, here's the answer for MCV: it's the DPI slider. The higher, the stickier, the lower, the looser.

I have it at 60 per KingV2K3 and it's just right, but that's in the context of the other sliders.

You may try pass coverage to increase break to the ball in flight, but it won't fix the separation issue in man coverage. That's directly tied to DPI. Some will quibble with that, but I have as much time w/ this year's game as anyone, and I'm sure of it.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #21
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Since this got bumped, here's the answer for MCV: it's the DPI slider. The higher, the stickier, the lower, the looser.

I have it at 60 per KingV2K3 and it's just right, but that's in the context of the other sliders.

You may try pass coverage to increase break to the ball in flight, but it won't fix the separation issue in man coverage. That's directly tied to DPI. Some will quibble with that, but I have as much time w/ this year's game as anyone, and I'm sure of it.
I'll absolutely second that. DPI is definitely what impacts WR/DB separation the most. It's that degree of separation that helps to determine a) whether a WR/DB canned animation occurs and b) whether or not a DPI will be called on the field.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #22
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

TM!!! What's going on bud? You crossed my mind the other day!
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 12-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #23
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'll absolutely second that. DPI is definitely what impacts WR/DB separation the most. It's that degree of separation that helps to determine a) whether a WR/DB canned animation occurs and b) whether or not a DPI will be called on the field.
Yes, and the correlation is not 1:1 w/r/t increasing the value of the DPI slider and increasing the presence of DPI calls on the field. So there's more benefit than risk to turning this up to a value like 60. You'll see a handful of DPI calls per game, but the real NFL is calling this penalty all the time anyway, so it evens out.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #24
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
TM!!! What's going on bud? You crossed my mind the other day!
What's good, Dub! It's been a minute (M10, I think)!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »