Home

Reaction Time

This is a discussion on Reaction Time within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Reaction Time

Just for clarification, Raising Reaction Time, moving close to 100, should make coverage tighter, or at least cause the defender to react to the ball placement quicker?

I'm just trying to verify for sure.

And, actually, is it effective?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction Time

I have always thought reaction time was how fast defensive players abandon their pass coverage assignments to stop the run. I have been told I am wrong and probably am. It does seem to be harder to run when I raise it.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Just for clarification, Raising Reaction Time, moving close to 100, should make coverage tighter, or at least cause the defender to react to the ball placement quicker?

I'm just trying to verify for sure.

And, actually, is it effective?
Still waiting on response from dev team if Pass Rush Slider was completely removed and if so, what replaced it.

Some believe the Pass Reaction Slider is just renamed.

The ZCV rating dictates individual player reaction to ball release from QB's hand.

The issue I've found are a that rosters/draft classes have most DB's already 80+, so when increasing the Pass Reaction Slider, the few Def players under 80 are given an increase which then makes every player break before the ball leaves the QB's hand (i.e. Psych Defense on pass plays).

QB THP also has a huge affect on player reaction also.
90+ is a killer dealing with this issue, as there's nothing you can do to slow the ball speed down in relation to Def player reacting.

What exactly (i.e. positions etc..) are you trying to accomplish?
Old 12-08-2016, 03:25 AM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Pass defense reaction time is what it's called. What it does is shown in the name.

Raising it causes defenders to react faster in pass coverage. They react faster to the ball as its passed. Going above 50 will cause them to react faster and faster and more and more psychic.

I did a lot of testing recently and the defense reacts slower to the run the higher you go too.

Theoretically how could they react reality fast to the pass and run at the same time.

I think this should be left at 50 unless you want to lower other sliders like run block. Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Pass defense reaction time is what it's called. What it does is shown in the name.

Raising it causes defenders to react faster in pass coverage. They react faster to the ball as its passed. Going above 50 will cause them to react faster and faster and more and more psychic.

I did a lot of testing recently and the defense reacts slower to the run the higher you go too.

Theoretically how could they react reality fast to the pass and run at the same time.

I think this should be left at 50 unless you want to lower other sliders like run block. Imo

What he said...it is the inverse of the old run defense slider....it's essentially serves as a ratio slider balancing between run/pass defense. I was going to reply based on past experience, but I have not touched any gameplay sliders this year, so I couldn't be positive it worked the same as for past games....sounds like it does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What he said...it is the inverse of the old run defense slider....it's essentially serves as a ratio slider balancing between run/pass defense. I was going to reply based on past experience, but I have not touched any gameplay sliders this year, so I couldn't be positive it worked the same as for past games....sounds like it does.

And I was wrong early on about this on M17. I didn't think it impacted run defense but, now I'm convinced after much testing.

What's strange is you would think lowering it would help run d but, they react so fast toward the ball carry on outside run plays that it actually hurts run d. When raised it makes running OP IMO.

So 50 seems perfect.

I guess if one wanted to raise pass reaction (it does help the defense to react faster to pass plays) they could lower run block as much as they raise reaction.

But, then it may affect a third thing and off you go down the slider rabbit hole. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

I tested and posted on this slider awhile back. It only controls movement of defenders toward the ball after the throw. It controls deflections and interceptions. The interception slider controls how often a successful deflection catches vs drops the interception. For every 20point change you can expect 2 extra interceptions and 3 more deflections. Pass coverage controls how tightly the defense covers players but since the CPU won't pass in those situation it directly controls throw-away and coverage sacks.

In summary:
1. Higher pass coverage leads to more sacks and throw sways
2. Reaction sliders controls deflections and interceptions but not coverage
3. Interception slider only controls dropped interceptions
Old 12-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I had totally forgotten that i had made this post. Thanks for your replies everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Still waiting on response from dev team if Pass Rush Slider was completely removed and if so, what replaced it.

Some believe the Pass Reaction Slider is just renamed.

The ZCV rating dictates individual player reaction to ball release from QB's hand.

The issue I've found are a that rosters/draft classes have most DB's already 80+, so when increasing the Pass Reaction Slider, the few Def players under 80 are given an increase which then makes every player break before the ball leaves the QB's hand (i.e. Psych Defense on pass plays).

QB THP also has a huge affect on player reaction also.
90+ is a killer dealing with this issue, as there's nothing you can do to slow the ball speed down in relation to Def player reacting.

What exactly (i.e. positions etc..) are you trying to accomplish?
I'm just totally getting beaten in this years version of the game. My first season in franchise i went 2-14, that after only winning 1 preseason game. I was then fired, by the Chiefs, and a job opened at the Rams, i took that job. Now i'm 0-4 in preseason, and 0-1 in the regular season.

I'm just trying to drill down on my specific issues. Defending the pass is one of them.

I play on AP, 13 min quarters, 20 sec runoff. Modified sliders originally based on A&S.

Mostly I can barely run the ball with my runBlock at 70, and i'm generally suffering turnovers, and getting beat on 3rd down by the cpu passing game.

I'm trying to accomplish getting to about .500, I'd like to have sliders as close to 50's across the board, but definitely need to address specific issues.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »