The best thing the devs could do for slider makers... - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The best thing the devs could do for slider makers...

This is a discussion on The best thing the devs could do for slider makers... within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-27-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
The best thing the devs could do for slider makers...

This game has great potential, however the single issue in my mind holding it back as far as gameplay goes is how the sliders are tied together. Its a simple fix:

How about make qb accuracy mean solely qb accuracy and not running back effectiveness as well as having an effect on the oline and recievers? Seperate them and make more sliders affecting only what the slider says it effects!

On defense the issue is the same. The best thing that could be done on the defensive side of the ball is make competely seperate sliders that affect solely the pass rush, (how quickly they get off the line and how the def lineman react to whats in front of them etc) and a seperate Group of sliders and effect how coverages and out offenders react to the bar, and they would have nothing to do with each other!

The way it is now, there's too much giving up one thing to make the other side play right!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The best thing the devs could do for slider makers...

I agree with most of what you are saying...but the issue is way more complex. They have layer after layer of legacy stuff intertwined with the new. They also really screwed themselves a few years ago when they removed some of the sliders....things merged together and we have this current mess.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I've discussed this ad nauseum. The developers simply don't even know what the sliders do. For example the fumble slider is the overall RB ability slider. It is everything from broken tackles to awareness to ball handling. If they knew what it did they wouldn't call it the fumble slider.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Trying to get sliders that are simple to use and only affect what they say they do may be tough, obviously it is because its a problem year in and year out.

Instead, something they could EASILY do would be to allow separate offensive and defensive difficulty levels like NCAA did. Madden even had something like this years ago back when Myskill was a thing. This one single change alone would negate the need for a ton of slider changes. Many people find playing offense on All Pro way to easy and defense on All Madden nearly impossible. So they try to change all kind of sliders to make one of those to modes playable. Just separate offense and defense difficulties, then the slider changes will only need to be small, if they even need changed at all.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #5
Pro

michapop9's Arena

I'm absolutely convinced that they have the right people in the building to make this game rival Nba 2k and the show, however it's my opinion that there are still too many of the wrong ones in the same building to allow it to happen. It's a shame too because they're not that far away.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #6
Pro

michapop9's Arena

I agree that adding separate difficulties would go along way but it would not fix the problem, more sliders that do exactly and only what they say they do would be a much better fix, there are many different opinions on how the game should play and it should be able to accommodate as many as possible, more sliders that work and do what they say they do without affecting other things is the only way to accomplish this
Old 01-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
I'm absolutely convinced that they have the right people in the building to make this game rival Nba 2k and the show, however it's my opinion that there are still too many of the wrong ones in the same building to allow it to happen. It's a shame too because they're not that far away.
I hear ya, but I still think that the real issue is that the right people are still dealing with legacy code. They really need an overhaul of the UI and slider setup to complement the Infinity engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »