Home

Slider solution for cover 2?

This is a discussion on Slider solution for cover 2? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2016, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Slider solution for cover 2?

Any of you slider gurus figure out how to get corners to actually play the flat zone in a cover 2 defense, specifically against a crossing route. Even when I change my coverage to underneath my corner is 10-15 yards downfield trailing the route they should have passed on to the safety. It's driving me absolutely nuts trying different slider combinations to no avail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Slider solution for cover 2?

Just a question? Do you have all your Dbs set to zone in your coaching scheme? I suspect that may affect that behavior. I don't think traditional gameplay sliders are going to do the trick here....
Old 02-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Also - Coverage Audible - Underneath.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just a question? Do you have all your Dbs set to zone in your coaching scheme? I suspect that may affect that behavior. I don't think traditional gameplay sliders are going to do the trick here....
Hmm. Interesting theory. Currently my corners are set to man to man in my attacking 3-4 scheme. Have you seen improved zone play from a zone coaching scheme?
Old 02-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Also - Coverage Audible - Underneath.
Honestly, I've seen my db's play better flat zones when I shade inside or outside. Usually the WR beats them off the line to the left or right of them and the corner is in the flat. Whenever I play underneath my corners trail the wr's for 10-15 yards and take themselves right out of the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 09:46 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWVU22
Hmm. Interesting theory. Currently my corners are set to man to man in my attacking 3-4 scheme. Have you seen improved zone play from a zone coaching scheme?
Definitely, but man-to-man suffers. It's all about harmonizing with your players' type as well as the plays you call.

In a 3-4 scheme, man-to-man makes more sense from a scheme perspective...but zone ability is going to suffer unless you shade them as Millennium pointed out. It's a bit of a chess match. But don't be afraid to toy around with the schemes to fit your players and your own play calling style.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #7
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWVU22
1st off, what are your Dbs ratings in man and zone cvg?
2nd, what are their player types? (you can find that in 2 places, roster/player card or in "upgrade players"/manual upgrade, which is faster imo)
Also, Coaching schemes can do alot for user and cpu controlled teams. Main forum has alot of info on it here. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-ratings.html

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-24-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

I gave up on getting the cpu ai to consistently play the flats. I just recently booted one of my friends from my CFM who would throw 20 times a game to his rb on a flare route into the flat and 15 times to his te on a crossing route into the flats. Frustrating that the ai just doesn't react to such simple routes, but I guess that goes back to the recent article here about the Denver defense and Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »