Home

Slider solution for cover 2?

This is a discussion on Slider solution for cover 2? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 10:05 PM   #9
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider solution for cover 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWVU22
I gave up on getting the cpu ai to consistently play the flats. I just recently booted one of my friends from my CFM who would throw 20 times a game to his rb on a flare route into the flat and 15 times to his te on a crossing route into the flats. Frustrating that the ai just doesn't react to such simple routes, but I guess that goes back to the recent article here about the Denver defense and Madden.
Yeah, sounds frustrating, reminds me of why I play strictly offline.
I'm sure it can be contained, then once you start shutting down that, it's on to the next money play....I remember those days lol.
It's just part of the online Madden world.
Let us know if you figure out the key though.
Good luck to you
Old 02-24-2016, 10:16 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
1st off, what are your Dbs ratings in man and zone cvg?
2nd, what are their player types? (you can find that in 2 places, roster/player card or in "upgrade players"/manual upgrade, which is faster imo)
Also, Coaching schemes can do alot for user and cpu controlled teams. Main forum has alot of info on it here. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-ratings.html
Thanks for the link. My starting corners are Patrick Peterson (Prototype, 88 MCV and 89 ZCV) and a rookie (Run support, 90 MCV and 77 ZCV). While Peterson reacts faster in zone coverage, both players when defending the flats go all in and trail a wr for 10-15 yards rather than the 7 or so yards before reacting to the late flat route.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #11
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWVU22
Thanks for the link. My starting corners are Patrick Peterson (Prototype, 88 MCV and 89 ZCV) and a rookie (Run support, 90 MCV and 77 ZCV). While Peterson reacts faster in zone coverage, both players when defending the flats go all in and trail a wr for 10-15 yards rather than the 7 or so yards before reacting to the late flat route.
Instead of playing the flats from the snap, I'd try to find a delayed flat cvg. scheme. I wouldn't be worried about giving up the flats as much as rallying to the ball once it's caught in the flats. Let them get 30 catches in the flats but as long as they are not getting yac. eventually they'll go to another area of the field, and then the chess match begins.

I'm wondering if after the ball is in the air you could press down on the right-stick, like your playing the run but instead the defense reacts to where the ball is and swarms to tackle.
See these tactics have been used by online Madden gamers since it was introduced, it's just a matter of figuring out what stops it and forcing them out of their comfort zone. I'm not online playing anymore but I know theres usually a counter to stuff like this.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-24-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #12
Rookie

have you tried coverage audible and defend the sticks I find they play the flats better when I use that
Old 05-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #13
Rookie

I have some cb's that actually cover them and some that don't. I haven't figured it out at all though and it seems pretty unpredictable as to when they actually stay in the flat.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #14
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

The CB's in a Tampa 2 do not cover the flat, and all flat zones (in real football) are actually a curl to flat zone. They cover deep to short, and rally to any throw to the flat. That's football 101 info, by the way.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys60
have you tried coverage audible and defend the sticks I find they play the flats better when I use that
This is correct
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »