Home

QBAggression Slider?

This is a discussion on QBAggression Slider? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
QBAggression Slider?

Does anyone know what might affect a QB's aggression? I think my sliders are finally where I want them but I've noticed the CPU QB often scrambles out of the pocket and then takes the sack instead of throwing it away. I'd like to change that, but at the same time, if its something that's going to screw with the QB accuracy, then I'll live with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #2
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: QBAggression Slider?

Funny, I was going to post in Josh's thread about an observation I've recently made with his "default sliders" thread, but did not want to hijack the thread.

So I recently began messing a little with the HUM Pass Defense Reaction Time & Pass Coverage sliders. I only raised them a few clicks each to 53 and in turn noticed A LOT more aggressiveness from the QB and the running game as a whole. Played against Cam and he took off like a bat out of h*ll like 8 times for 130 yards. And I must admit it was very real looking. No hesitation, he just darted out and followed blocks. Next game was against Brady and he maybe only tried once or twice. Then I played R. Wilson and he had like 6 or 7 mad dashes. Really needed to have a LB cover the QB (and that's a good thing). I also noticed the RB's had more carries than a mostly passing attack I was used to seeing.

Definitley something worth watching.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:04 PM   #3
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Funny, I was going to post in Josh's thread about an observation I've recently made with his "default sliders" thread, but did not want to hijack the thread.

So I recently began messing a little with the HUM Pass Defense Reaction Time & Pass Coverage sliders. I only raised them a few clicks each to 53 and in turn noticed A LOT more aggressiveness from the QB and the running game as a whole. Played against Cam and he took off like a bat out of h*ll like 8 times for 130 yards. And I must admit it was very real looking. No hesitation, he just darted out and followed blocks. Next game was against Brady and he maybe only tried once or twice. Then I played R. Wilson and he had like 6 or 7 mad dashes. Really needed to have a LB cover the QB (and that's a good thing). I also noticed the RB's had more carries than a mostly passing attack I was used to seeing.

I already have those at 55 for player though. I read early that those sliders have to do with playing the pass over the run first and the reaction of both. I found that at 50 the CPU plays evenly (doesn't cheat run or pass) and reacts spot on (lower ranked LB's bite on the play action, higher ranked don't fall for it). For the player, I found that 55 is the "sweet spot" for this same scenario.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

First, I appreciate your concern about hijacking my thread...but I love observations like this. While I like the default setup, that pass reaction slider would be the one slider I might try to modify the style of the gameplay without, in theory, altering anything else.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

I originally bumped both these up to 55 and it really amped the QB scrambling and RBs carries. Not sure which one effects this the most. I am still testing but always check your thread for additional adjustments. I think others will agree, you have one of the best eyes for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 PM   #6
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

I'm not very bright when it comes to sliders sets but what sliders set is aggressive
Old 05-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Quote:
I originally bumped both these up to 55 and it really amped the QB scrambling and RBs carries. Not sure which one effects this the most. I am still testing but always check your thread for additional adjustments. I think others will agree, you have one of the best eyes for that.
I think the reason for that, and I can be totally wrong, is that setting one at 55 (I think the Pass Reaction slider), gives the impression that the defense will look for the pass first, slightly more than the run, so setting that at 55 makes the CPU run more. As I said, this seems to be achieved on the CPU side by setting it to 50, but definitely 55 for the player.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

QBAggression Slider?

I recall in the last few years that I noticed that pass block sliders actually affected this (to a degree), but I am not sure about M16. I feel like I am seeing mostly good play with my slider set meaning Wilson runs some, Cam runs some. Most QBs seem to throw it away when they should, and then I see a game where I get 3-5 coverage sacks (so, could be the QB himself causing issues). But, what I recall is this, lowering pass block for the CPU 'told' the CPU QB to 'hold onto the ball so u take a sack'. And, higher pass blk had the opposite effect, meaning that since the pass block is high, the QB should not take a sack, therefore he releases the ball before getting sacked and/or he decides to run immediately when there is a hint of a sack threat if he is a mobile QB. However, a fine balance has to be struck because upping pass blk also carries with it less block shed from your defenders. So, u could try that. Upping pass blk slowly and see if u see more 'aggression' from CPU QB. The other one that I think can control this some is QB ACC, but I don't think that can be modified too much this year. Again, the feeling I get when raising QB acc for CPU is 'I have high acc, I make good throws, I make good decisions. So, if sack is close, I run or throw quickly'. If u put QB acc too low, u will see more sacks. So, those are 2 thoughts on it based on things I have seen in the past few games. I, personally have not had to tweak any def sliders (reaction time or coverage), and I like the decisions I see from CPU. I have CPU QB acc at 46, and CPU pass blk at 49, actually. But, again, u could try pass blk at 52-55, or something and see if u see anything interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »