Home

Default All Madden

This is a discussion on Default All Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2016, 09:17 PM   #1
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Default All Madden

I wanted to give default All Madden a try for a full season and just see how everything played out.

I know this cycle of Madden is drawing to a close but, I just thought I would give this a try. I may or may not use the info to make adjustments. But, it is good info anyway.

I had a really fun season and just dealt with the things that could be improved. I don't get into the yearly slider roller coaster anymore. I just know we can't fix everything with sliders. It's just not going to happen.

This is a video of the end of year results. I'll post some more stat's like yards per play too. And the cpu completion percent and other stuff.

Anyway if anyone can use this info or find it interesting then that's cool. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S2s_rR6LpQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Re: Default All Madden

I'm going to add some stats that I gathered last night, later today. YPA and YPP were too high.

Also with only 8 minute quarters I only averaged 105 plays per game per game. My team 56 and the CPU 49.

21 ints was to many possibly. Most were my fault though. Also there will be too many ints with Madden 16 because lack of animations and other factors.

I'll add the stats later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Good stuff charter. I'm currently hooked on my default ap setup (with a couple minor penalty tweaks), but I agree with the philosophy. Default gameplay is incredibly solid this year, regardless of level.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #4
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Good stuff charter. I'm currently hooked on my default ap setup (with a couple minor penalty tweaks), but I agree with the philosophy. Default gameplay is incredibly solid this year, regardless of level.

What is your solution for lowering yards per pass and yards per play without changing gameplay sliders?

Right now I had 7.0 and the CPU had 7.1 yards per play in that season. Should be 5-6.

Me and the CPU had over 9 yards per pass attempt.

I want to raise some penalty slider to get more penalties. Would some of those help with the yards per play too?
Old 05-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What is your solution for lowering yards per pass and yards per play without changing gameplay sliders?

Right now I had 7.0 and the CPU had 7.1 yards per play in that season. Should be 5-6.

Me and the CPU had over 9 yards per pass attempt.

I want to raise some penalty slider to get more penalties. Would some of those help with the yards per play too?
I would look at the following things:
  • If you have not done so already, manually set autosubs at 60/80 in the CFM menu to match the main menu. It currently glitches since the CFM autosubs are in the reverse order of the main menu autosubs. This is big, especially for QBs as it makes them more aggressive (and thus, more prone to mis-fires)...don't worry, they never sub out.
  • bump up the facemask slider (even a setting of 53 makes a difference)...this has an effect of tightening things up globally
  • If defenders are not aggressive enough (likely not a problem on AM), turn the Kick Catch interference slider off...this will make them more aggressive overall.
  • If you simply want to tighten coverage, bump up the DPI slider. Like facemask, even 3-5 points makes a huge difference.
I think the two primary culprits for your observations are the default facemask and DPI sliders. Be really careful though, if you go too high and tighten things too much, the CPU will start to go into 'checkdown mode'. I probably wouldn't go much higher than 55 for both.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 05-29-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I would look at the following things:
  • If you have not done so already, manually set autosubs at 60/80 in the CFM menu to match the main menu. It currently glitches since the CFM autosubs are in the reverse order of the main menu autosubs. This is big, especially for QBs as it makes them more aggressive (and thus, more prone to mis-fires)...don't worry, they never sub out.
  • bump up the facemask slider (even a setting of 53 makes a difference)...this has an effect of tightening things up globally
  • If defenders are not aggressive enough (likely not a problem on AM), turn the Kick Catch interference slider off...this will make them more aggressive overall.
  • If you simply want to tighten coverage, bump up the DPI slider. Like facemask, even 3-5 points makes a huge difference.
I think the two primary culprits for your observations are the default facemask and DPI sliders. Be really careful though, if you go too high and tighten things too much, the CPU will start to go into 'checkdown mode'. I probably wouldn't go much higher than 55 for both.

Thanks I'll give those things a shot. How many penalties per game are you getting?
Old 05-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Thanks I'll give those things a shot. How many penalties per game are you getting?
It depends of course, but I'd say maybe half a dozen per team per game when using the 75 man preseason roster (which I see you also used)....of course, this was on AP....not sure if AM changes that dynamic or not.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
Rookie

bradypunch's Arena

OVR: 0

Ya I tried your sliders josh but I can't seem to use no accelerated clock. So I use 15 min 15 axel and armor swords sliders. I'm not liking the sliders though and want to try yours again but I can't seem to agree upon the quarter length etc.

On yours you said to set 9 minute no accel and just use the auto subs which were good. Only problem is very long high scoring games. I liked armors 15 15 but I noticed the game were all too high carries and over 50 points in 3 quarters. So I can't use 15 15 anymore and tried 11 minute no accel instead like armor & sword suggested to do but no accel results in my possessions time way longer and yeah very high scoring games. I need accel idk how the hell you can run no accel it's unplayable on a realistic stats perspective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »