Home

A couple of slider/penalty questions answer about Madden 17

This is a discussion on A couple of slider/penalty questions answer about Madden 17 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A couple of slider/penalty questions answer about Madden 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
Yeah the comment about penalties already being tuned to accurately portray real life took me by surprise because I thought on default you rarely saw penalties in Madden 16.

If we learned anything from Josh's year long slider endeavor with 16, it's that the game is getting better and better closer to default sliders.
Absolutely...and I will throw out something else...we are at the point where I think the game plays worse and worse the further you get from default.

What I would love to know is what kind of test environment Rex is referring to when he says penalties are well tuned...what roster, what main menu settings, what CFM settings? That is really what I have been trying to figure out this year...we are close now...hopefully M17 builds off of M16.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:21 PM   #10
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
A couple of slider/penalty questions answer about Madden 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Absolutely...and I will throw out something else...we are at the point where I think the game plays worse and worse the further you get from default.

What I would love to know is what kind of test environment Rex is referring to when he says penalties are well tuned...what roster, what main menu settings, what CFM settings? That is really what I have been trying to figure out this year...we are close now...hopefully M17 builds off of M16.

In that same Twitter convo on penalties someone said to Clint that they don't hardly get any penalties in their league. He then asked how long the quarters were. I wonder if they are tuned more based on quarter than and not just number of plays.

Also I wonder if they mean a certain amount of each penalty they include in the game. So you wouldn't see as many total penalties in a 15 min game but, the right amount of holding, PI, false start, etc in each 15 min quarter game.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #11
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
In that same Twitter convo on penalties someone said to Clint that they don't hardly get any penalties in their league. He then asked how long the quarters were. I wonder if they are tuned more based on quarter than and not just number of plays.

Also I wonder if they mean a certain amount of each penalty they include in the game. So you wouldn't see as many total penalties in a 15 min game but, the right amount of holding, PI, false start, etc in each 15 min quarter game.

Not sure if anyone else noticed. But while watching twitch archived games in CFM I noticed penalties increased dramatically with certain play styles (I.e unnecessary cut backs, east west running etc). Also once you cross year 7-8 in CFM when rookies typically enter with no discipline, penalties spiked.

If anyone is interested in the data I've got a decade worth of CFM season stats in excel for M15 & M16.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2016, 10:33 PM   #12
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

All I want is penalty sliders that represent the penalty, and that's it. The holding slider shouldn't have the effect on the game that Josh proved it did. Raising the slider shouldn't make the blocking more sticky, or the RB more aggressive, or the QB hold the ball longer, etc.,etc. If I raise the holding slider, it should create more holding penalties, and it should increase based on discipline. Gameplay-wise, it should make some plays get called back because of the penalty, and should create more (down) and long situations.

That's it!!! That's all it should do!

Total hats off to Josh for the work he did this year, but if you consider the fact that you had to have the equivalent of a "Madden scientist" putting penalty sliders one way outside of your Franchise, and another inside your Franchise, and tweaking one while lowering the other, which in turn would change two penalty sliders but would have an effect on 12 aspects of the game............that's all insane. That's too much work, IMO, to make a 26 year old football game play like football.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:25 PM   #13
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

Afraid you will be disappointed then. Seems the penalty sliders are stitched into the very fiber of Madden gameplay. The chances this all disappears is virtually impossible. Get yourself ready for some default sliders with adjustments to the penalty sliders. Maybe eventually Frostbite changes things up, but not this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »