JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 108 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #857
MVP
 
wordtobigbird's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You hit on my secret master plan...

I've known for a while that we might have to push the button on AM this year....because of the aggression issues.

Why test on ap then? Because, if we havent humanized the CPU passing game on ap, it will suck wad on am.

We are finally close to doing that on ap with this setup...now we can start looking at am.
Looking good so far my friend. Im playing like **** but still in it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
wordtobigbird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:47 PM   #858
Rookie
 
33JAF's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Just to get this straight, will making changes in the MM affect an already ongoing CFM? or do we need to start CFM over after making MM changes?

I'm still having great games with these, but I am starting to see room for improvement after getting a higher sample size.

My concerns are that user running may be a bit too easy. It seems like all I have to do is hit the hole and make one move and I've got at least 5 yards. Too many 1on1s with defenders near the LOS, so if you make that one guy miss, it's a nice gain every time. Very few tackles for loss. Defenders aren't swarming to the ball or getting off the line very aggressively.

CPU run game feels great. Almost perfect.

As for passing, it might just be slightly too easy. Defenders aren't sticking close enough by their man on certain routes (CPU and USER), so as usual crossing routes are too effective, as well as passing to the flats. CPU QBs are a little too passive. Seeing too many check downs and safe throws. I'm only seeing them throw down field if they have a guy wide open. Would like to see a few more shots. I should also mention that I have been using the generic playbooks for cpu teams. I might just go back to using custom again, so I can add more shot plays and deeper passing plays on 1st and 2nd down.

Overall this is really really close. I'd be perfectly OK with the game playing this way as long as I'm not winning too much, but I wanted to give some feedback so that maybe you guys can figure some more out. Again, great work so far, I really appreciate this. I'm having a lot of fun.

Oh, and if they could fix punting into the wind, that would be great. It's not just me, right? I lost a chance to tie the game up last night after a huge stop under 2 minutes. CPU punts straight into the air about 20 yards, I call fair catch, bounces off his helmet, they recover, game over. Ouch.
33JAF is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #859
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33JAF
Just to get this straight, will making changes in the MM affect an already ongoing CFM? or do we need to start CFM over after making MM changes?

I'm still having great games with these, but I am starting to see room for improvement after getting a higher sample size.

My concerns are that user running may be a bit too easy. It seems like all I have to do is hit the hole and make one move and I've got at least 5 yards. Too many 1on1s with defenders near the LOS, so if you make that one guy miss, it's a nice gain every time. Very few tackles for loss. Defenders aren't swarming to the ball or getting off the line very aggressively.

CPU run game feels great. Almost perfect.

As for passing, it might just be slightly too easy. Defenders aren't sticking close enough by their man on certain routes (CPU and USER), so as usual crossing routes are too effective, as well as passing to the flats. CPU QBs are a little too passive. Seeing too many check downs and safe throws. I'm only seeing them throw down field if they have a guy wide open. Would like to see a few more shots. I should also mention that I have been using the generic playbooks for cpu teams. I might just go back to using custom again, so I can add more shot plays and deeper passing plays on 1st and 2nd down.

Overall this is really really close. I'd be perfectly OK with the game playing this way as long as I'm not winning too much, but I wanted to give some feedback so that maybe you guys can figure some more out. Again, great work so far, I really appreciate this. I'm having a lot of fun.

Oh, and if they could fix punting into the wind, that would be great. It's not just me, right? I lost a chance to tie the game up last night after a huge stop under 2 minutes. CPU punts straight into the air about 20 yards, I call fair catch, bounces off his helmet, they recover, game over. Ouch.
QB traits, coaching schemes(Qb: balanced, vertical etc) and the QB style (pocket, strong arm, etc) all play a part in how the cpu qb plays.

We are seeing alot more good deep throws by the cpu when they are aggressive and have a vertical scheme, and if the QB is set to strong-arm when they have the ratings to match the style.

Here some more info:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...kins81-27.html

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-12-2016 at 01:06 PM.
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #860
MVP
 
wordtobigbird's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33JAF
Just to get this straight, will making changes in the MM affect an already ongoing CFM? or do we need to start CFM over after making MM changes?

I'm still having great games with these, but I am starting to see room for improvement after getting a higher sample size.

My concerns are that user running may be a bit too easy. It seems like all I have to do is hit the hole and make one move and I've got at least 5 yards. Too many 1on1s with defenders near the LOS, so if you make that one guy miss, it's a nice gain every time. Very few tackles for loss. Defenders aren't swarming to the ball or getting off the line very aggressively.

CPU run game feels great. Almost perfect.

As for passing, it might just be slightly too easy. Defenders aren't sticking close enough by their man on certain routes (CPU and USER), so as usual crossing routes are too effective, as well as passing to the flats. CPU QBs are a little too passive. Seeing too many check downs and safe throws. I'm only seeing them throw down field if they have a guy wide open. Would like to see a few more shots. I should also mention that I have been using the generic playbooks for cpu teams. I might just go back to using custom again, so I can add more shot plays and deeper passing plays on 1st and 2nd down.

Overall this is really really close. I'd be perfectly OK with the game playing this way as long as I'm not winning too much, but I wanted to give some feedback so that maybe you guys can figure some more out. Again, great work so far, I really appreciate this. I'm having a lot of fun.

Oh, and if they could fix punting into the wind, that would be great. It's not just me, right? I lost a chance to tie the game up last night after a huge stop under 2 minutes. CPU punts straight into the air about 20 yards, I call fair catch, bounces off his helmet, they recover, game over. Ouch.
You dont need to start over. I suggest trying All Madden with the default set for an added challenge.

Just lost to Tampa Bay with the Falcons 24-14. Ryan 23/33 229 1TD 3INT. Feeeman 20 for 72. Coleman 4 for 13. Got sacked 3 times in 2nd half by McCoy. He was eating Chester for lunch. Grimes picked me twice with sticky coverage. Couldnt just high ball him. Did it to the other CB though. Julio 9 for 116

Winston 15/21 247 1TD Long of 44. Martin 20 for 102 5.1. I called a few too many blitzes and gave up up the big plays by missing the tackle. Dont blitz the shotgun. I did force him into a few bad throws with blitz and user rush move pressure. Got two sacks from DTs. Coverage type sacks. Winston escaped the pocket and made some all madden throws but nothing too crazy.

They ran 50ish plays, with kicks. I was at 60ish. With a 5 min advantage in TOP. Their 2/8 on 3rd down vs mine 7/13. Turnovers killed me.

They blocked my two FG attempts. Will need to see if this is based on me never varying the release timing. Only thing that felt cheesy and not my fault.

For one game it felt good. Will play much more after MNF tonight.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
wordtobigbird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #861
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT
 
charter04's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,492
Blog Entries: 3
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You hit on my secret master plan...

I've known for a while that we might have to push the button on AM this year....because of the aggression issues.

Why test on ap then? Because, if we havent humanized the CPU passing game on ap, it will suck wad on am.

We are finally close to doing that on ap with this setup...now we can start looking at am.


I know there are issues on AM but, I'm loving it this year. There is plenty of room on the AM train. . Would love to see what you guys come up with on Am


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charter04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #862
Hall Of Fame
 
Matt10's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park, KS
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
QB traits, coaching schemes(Qb: balanced, vertical etc) and the QB style (pocket, strong arm, etc) all play a part in how the cpu qb plays.

We are seeing alot more good deep throws by the cpu when they are aggressive and have a vertical scheme, and if the QB is set to strong-arm when they have the ratings to match the style.

Here some more info:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...kins81-27.html
I've seen the CPU play "both ways" by just raising and lowering the threshold. The best mix I have seen was on Zero threshold in CFM, 50 in MM. I also personally like the zero threshold in CFM because the CPU RB stops over-using their spin move. Problem is the CPU LB's do not run with their man, on any threshold, as it's been mentioned and I showed in the videos.

Taking a page out of my NCAA testing, since that's all I know being this is my first foray in Madden sliders in a minute, lowering the RBL (since there is no RDEF in Madden) value seemed to get players closer to the crossing routes, but it was primarily the DB's or Safeties, LB's are still slow as molasses on the routes. Happens on all thresholds btw.

Oh well, curious to see what the man himself figures out. If the AM button is pushed for good, I'll still be working the crap out of getting those linebackers out on AP lol.
__________________
Youtube - subscribe!
Matt10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #863
MVP
 
wordtobigbird's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I know there are issues on AM but, I'm loving it this year. There is plenty of room on the AM train. . Would love to see what you guys come up with on Am


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You nailed it, train. That extra intensity to get the competitive juices flowing. I felt like I couldve won that game. I had it 21-14 with 5 minutes left but gave up a big pass play and by the time i forced a kick it was fg range. Couldve had a game tying drive or just not thrown 3 INTs and have kicks blocked

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
wordtobigbird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #864
Pro
 
StormsWarning's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

well i'm not sure about the other teams, but i seen plenty of db intensity and interaction, an\d lots of subbing going on! i was the browns vs eagles, and there were both back and fourth, there were a couple fumbles, a couple really hard core fake out moves from the cpu, i actually felt a couple times i maybe shpuldnt press because wentz was picking us apart, he even took off and scrabbled for a td, so know complaints from with these, so far everything seems really good.

if you wanna play a play now game will results be the same as cfm or do we need to change sliders back if we plan to do play now as well?
__________________
Favorite Sports Teams

NFL - Cleveland Browns
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
MLB - Cleveland Indians
StormsWarning is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Top -