Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #913
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

The Sliders are Great but The CBS Deflect the Pass 9/10 times. Is There a way to tune that down a little?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 06:26 PM   #914
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I just played a little with RTK ON in MM and it seemed like the defense was rallying to the ball a little better, thinking about turning on Running Into the Kicker also. Any thoughts?
Going to try that now just to see if it fixes the pursuit thing from the video. Pretty sure Josh has mentioned before it effects pursuit.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #915
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
The Sliders are Great but The CBS Deflect the Pass 9/10 times. Is There a way to tune that down a little?

Try using possession catch. Not sure how to individually effect that aspect of the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #916
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Going to try that now just to see if it fixes the pursuit thing from the video. Pretty sure Josh has mentioned before it effects pursuit.

Lol just got the first roughing the kicker penalty Ive ever seen in Madden from CPU.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #917
MVP

OVR: 6

Hoping this latest update makes a positive change. I'm just not seeing it with the latest. Back to AP, and the offenses just seem way too overpowered. There are wide open completions of every play. That tightness and feel isn't there anymore. May go back to the last update for now until I see what you guys come up with. There isn't a scenario where I can see less than 50 combined points for teams. Seems every QB is the same skill set and defensive coverage is irrelevant. If we could somehow find the balance of the previous set passing game and the current sets run game, I'd be happy as a clam.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #918
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OP settings are so nice. Just had a 19 play drive end on 4th and goal from the 1 with no points. Got a 3rd and conversion to the 3 and couldnt get into the endzone with a power an iso and a fb run. 17 runs: 3, 9, 8, 3, 4pass, 5, 7 (3rd and 1), 0, 6, 5 (3rd and 3), 8, 7, 4, -3, 11pass (3rd and 9), 0, 1, -1, 0. 9 minute drive (20 sec acc).

The goaline stand looked great. I keep accidentally spinning when trying to truck or else Im pretty sure I would've got in on one of them. I want to say I see more gang tackling with RoughingKick on but hard to tell. OP settings are just solid as hell.

Lions 16 passes to 4 runs. Stafford feeling like hes at Georgia 12/16 189. 68 yarder to boldin to pad the stats. Not use to the CPU passing so much. On my heels.

(note: all madden was just something a couple of us were trying out. Not an official change or anything josh cosigned btw. Go by the OP not us bored guys with too much time on our hands lol)

Old 09-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #919
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....so I decided tonight to do a 'hard reset' of these sliders.

Started from scratch at pure default (including EA having the MM injury slider at 10). Exception, of course was 60/80 CFM autosubs...because, you know, we like autosubs...

Matt's vids helped support a theory I had that the LB aggression was, in part, tied to autosubs. He was right (not that I am shocked). I started at 60/80 and it was better, but I saw excessive (like, ridiculously excessive) suction blocks....how anyone plays happily on pure default is beyond me..

Anyways, I started walking them down until suction was minimized, did a couple of other things and then adjusted penalties in groups based on the area of impact (zeroing them out in the MM as I saw gameplay flaws). The purpose of this was to validate what we had been doing.

It was 2.5 long hours of playing a play or two, replaying, starting over (through those darn load screens) adjusting....rinse and repeat. Now I see (at least good LBs) reacting better (playing zones better, reacting on run plays better, etc.).

I'm off of work tomorrow, so I will likely stream in the afternoon (pacific time). Should all go well, I will likely post the revised set tomorrow or Wednesday...no premature releases this time. It's very close to what we have now, but with some critical differences.
hope its going well, are you going to stream?
Old 09-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #920
Pro

OVR: 0

I was playing Player CFM WITH the oP Settings and My Starting LG came in for 3 snaps and never play a snap at all in a game. I don't what is the problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »