Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:17 PM   #921
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
OP settings are so nice. Just had a 19 play drive end on 4th and goal from the 1 with no points. Got a 3rd and conversion to the 3 and couldnt get into the endzone with a power an iso and a fb run. 17 runs: 3, 9, 8, 3, 4pass, 5, 7 (3rd and 1), 0, 6, 5 (3rd and 3), 8, 7, 4, -3, 11pass (3rd and 9), 0, 1, -1, 0. 9 minute drive (20 sec acc).

The goaline stand looked great. I keep accidentally spinning when trying to truck or else Im pretty sure I would've got in on one of them. I want to say I see more gang tackling with RoughingKick on but hard to tell. OP settings are just solid as hell.

Lions 16 passes to 4 runs. Stafford feeling like hes at Georgia 12/16 189. 68 yarder to boldin to pad the stats. Not use to the CPU passing so much. On my heels.

(note: all madden was just something a couple of us were trying out. Not an official change or anything josh cosigned btw. Go by the OP not us bored guys with too much time on our hands lol)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
RTK is on now, correct?
That should fix the pursuit. Noticed this a few weeks back after I turned it off.
We may have to look at that dreaded tackle slider also...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 09:26 PM   #922
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
OP settings are so nice. Just had a 19 play drive end on 4th and goal from the 1 with no points. Got a 3rd and conversion to the 3 and couldnt get into the endzone with a power an iso and a fb run. 17 runs: 3, 9, 8, 3, 4pass, 5, 7 (3rd and 1), 0, 6, 5 (3rd and 3), 8, 7, 4, -3, 11pass (3rd and 9), 0, 1, -1, 0. 9 minute drive (20 sec acc).

The goaline stand looked great. I keep accidentally spinning when trying to truck or else Im pretty sure I would've got in on one of them. I want to say I see more gang tackling with RoughingKick on but hard to tell. OP settings are just solid as hell.

Lions 16 passes to 4 runs. Stafford feeling like hes at Georgia 12/16 189. 68 yarder to boldin to pad the stats. Not use to the CPU passing so much. On my heels.

(note: all madden was just something a couple of us were trying out. Not an official change or anything josh cosigned btw. Go by the OP not us bored guys with too much time on our hands lol)

What. A. Game. Won on a FG as time expired. 34-31. Dominated the TOP 31 to 21. Scored 17 in the 4th for the comeback. At 13min. At 5min the right after Stafford made a great scramble throw for 64 yards in the 4th. With 4 minutes left and I got and kept the ball to win the game. He threw for 4 TDs and 343 yards. Both QBs avged 10.7ypa. Shootout combined with power running game on my end got me the win but barely. Even though I got 507 total yards with 224 on ground tonthwir 357. They had no running game last week in their sim either. 26 first downs, 9-14 3rd down. Just ideal offensive execution and I only got 34 pts. Ran over 70 plays.

Re
Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
RTK is on now, correct?
That should fix the pursuit. Noticed this a few weeks back after I turned it off.
We may have to look at that dreaded tackle slider also...
This was with roughing the kicker on in MM (based on a poster suggestion not josh) everything else 0 and off (OP). Reset gameplay sliders in CFM. Players are running in straight lines. Big plays usually come from blitzes and miss tackles. Im really trying to avoid changing any slider. I like the variety on default. Ive missed 4 tackles on one run and catch that only got 15 yards. I've nailed good players for no gain 1 on 1 in critical situations.

Some clips:

DGB beasting over LB. This was a high pass with left on thumbstick.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LONGLIVETHAK1NG/video/21512569

DGB endzone fade attempt
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LONGLIVETHAK1NG/video/21512575

Near perfect timing on outroute agianst man coverage.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LONGLIVETHAK1NG/video/21512583

Old 09-13-2016, 09:41 PM   #923
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Testing something Josh sent me:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 09-14-2016, 12:45 AM   #924
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

OK...so after a long day of testing and some awesome help from Matt, here is the newest setup. We feel that LB reactions are noticeably improved, but still properly reflect ratings.....the big key was the LB autosub value.

We also changed a number of other settings to (hopefully) refine things further.

I DO highly recommend one thing....set your opponent's scheme to the generic defensive playbook within CFM. All you have to do is create the default coach for that team, adjust the defensive PB, and then retire him (he will remain the coach of the team). The issue I see with the default defensive playbooks is that the CPU calls way too many 6-7 man blitzes....those are really major in opening up those outside run plays. The generic PBs don't call them as often....

I still consider this a WIP, but people are chomping at the bit....

One final thing....I HIGHLY suggest that you use both the preseason default roster and use a coach CFM. If you want to roll with an owner CFM, I suggest firing the head coach and hiring one of the generic HCs. I believe autosubs don't 'take' properly when in owner mode using a default coach....I need time to study this....

So, here is the updated set..
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (47.0 KB, 194 views)
Old 09-14-2016, 12:51 AM   #925
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK...so after a long day of testing and some awesome help from Matt, here is the newest setup. We feel that LB reactions are noticeably improved, but still properly reflect ratings.....the big key was the LB autosub value.

We also changed a number of other settings to (hopefully) refine things further.

I DO highly recommend one thing....set your opponent's scheme to the generic defensive playbook within CFM. All you have to do is create the default coach for that team, adjust the defensive PB, and then retire him (he will remain the coach of the team). The issue I see with the default defensive playbooks is that the CPU calls way too many 6-7 man blitzes....those are really major in opening up those outside run plays. The generic PBs don't call them as often....

I still consider this a WIP, but people are chomping at the bit....

One final thing....I HIGHLY suggest that you use both the preseason default roster and use a coach CFM. If you want to roll with an owner CFM, I suggest firing the head coach and hiring one of the generic HCs. I believe autosubs don't 'take' properly when in owner mode using a default coach....I need time to study this....

So, here is the updated set..
Not sure if this helps, but im currently playing in my cfm as an owner of the chargers and I still have Mike McCoy as the coach and i'm rarely seeing players getting subbed in/out of the game.. Just the standard rb/wr rotations every now and then. Im going to try firing McCoy and hiring a generic HC and see how it goes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 01:22 AM   #926
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerHB52
Not sure if this helps, but im currently playing in my cfm as an owner of the chargers and I still have Mike McCoy as the coach and i'm rarely seeing players getting subbed in/out of the game.. Just the standard rb/wr rotations every now and then. Im going to try firing McCoy and hiring a generic HC and see how it goes
You still may not, but please let me know if you notice a difference....
Old 09-14-2016, 01:22 AM   #927
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Latest OP with generic playbooks for both O and D

twitch.tv/tc020791
Old 09-14-2016, 01:37 AM   #928
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you change the PB in Online CFM? I thought you can only add coaches in offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »