JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-23-2016, 03:43 AM   #89
Rookie

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....here is the initial Early Beta set.

Ground Rules
  • Feedback should be about the why something is happening, not just the what (i.e. statements like "too easy" or "too hard" don't help much). Instead, I need feedback like "the run game is too easy because the LBs don't react fast enough".
  • Stats are helpful, but aren't enough without the "why". Exception: we're still learning what limits we can push with penalty sliders. If you see an abnormal number of calls, let me know. I'll monitor calls being too low, but as always, penalty sliders are about gameplay, not the number of calls. However, I will entertain raising a slider for penalty calls if there is no deleterious effect on the gameplay.
Observations - "Josh Style"
  • The main menu fatigue slider has the biggest impact on gameplay. I've taken a "split approach" here and am seeing solid fatigue levels even with the low autosub "out" values. Raising the CFM slider higher than what balances to 50 (i.e. average of 40 MM and 60 CFM) does seem to negatively impact the aggression and reactions of the players. We'll hone in on this as we work through the process.
  • Autosubs...quite frankly...the "Out" value effects footplanting. If you're playing at the default 60, you're undoubtedly seeing warping. I did test 45 and it was OK, but I like what I am seeing at 40 (with the fatigue values, I am seeing the progression from green to red for fatigue, even in the first quarter....so this is good). I assume, but have not tested, that the "In" portion of the autosub values affects tendencies. Keep these at 80 for both CFM and MM.
  • Didn't want to do it, but I had to drop offensive holding. Even using a split 45 MM/50 CFM I was seeing some horrid suction blocking (like, you could see the defender get "sucked" into the O-lineman). I had to drop this below default to eliminate it. Will continue re-visiting this value as we tweak more.
  • MM special teams sliders definitely affect other elements of gameplay. I am concerned, albeit slightly, that the CPU values may have some impact on the kicking game though....have noticed nothing wonky for user. We'll monitor...but these tweaks are "must haves" to balance out the aggression.
All that said, here is the setup. The OP has been updated to reflect this baseline set....
I'm gonna plug these in my cfm in the morning and see how they work for me. I'm not expecting a masterpiece on launch day but hopefully these will be a good start. Thanks dude!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:35 AM   #90
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Anybody having issues with CPU penalties? I have played almost 2 full games now and I have had 10+ called on me but 0 on the CPU so far.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 AM   #91
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....here is the initial Early Beta set.

Ground Rules
  • Feedback should be about the why something is happening, not just the what (i.e. statements like "too easy" or "too hard" don't help much). Instead, I need feedback like "the run game is too easy because the LBs don't react fast enough".
  • Stats are helpful, but aren't enough without the "why". Exception: we're still learning what limits we can push with penalty sliders. If you see an abnormal number of calls, let me know. I'll monitor calls being too low, but as always, penalty sliders are about gameplay, not the number of calls. However, I will entertain raising a slider for penalty calls if there is no deleterious effect on the gameplay.
Observations - "Josh Style"
  • The main menu fatigue slider has the biggest impact on gameplay. I've taken a "split approach" here and am seeing solid fatigue levels even with the low autosub "out" values. Raising the CFM slider higher than what balances to 50 (i.e. average of 40 MM and 60 CFM) does seem to negatively impact the aggression and reactions of the players. We'll hone in on this as we work through the process.
  • Autosubs...quite frankly...the "Out" value effects footplanting. If you're playing at the default 60, you're undoubtedly seeing warping. I did test 45 and it was OK, but I like what I am seeing at 40 (with the fatigue values, I am seeing the progression from green to red for fatigue, even in the first quarter....so this is good). I assume, but have not tested, that the "In" portion of the autosub values affects tendencies. Keep these at 80 for both CFM and MM.
  • Didn't want to do it, but I had to drop offensive holding. Even using a split 45 MM/50 CFM I was seeing some horrid suction blocking (like, you could see the defender get "sucked" into the O-lineman). I had to drop this below default to eliminate it. Will continue re-visiting this value as we tweak more.
  • MM special teams sliders definitely affect other elements of gameplay. I am concerned, albeit slightly, that the CPU values may have some impact on the kicking game though....have noticed nothing wonky for user. We'll monitor...but these tweaks are "must haves" to balance out the aggression.
All that said, here is the setup. The OP has been updated to reflect this baseline set....
You working today? or working madden? I am unfortunately working. Look forward to seeing results, and I wonder what tuner was for, thought supposed to be day 1 patch also? I will be looking at forum, to help me make it through day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 08-23-2016, 07:05 AM   #92
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

Can I ask, apologies if it has been answered in the thread already but is it more suited for online or offline CFM with the sliders & using the MM/CFM approach?
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 08-23-2016, 07:18 AM   #93
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
Can I ask, apologies if it has been answered in the thread already but is it more suited for online or offline CFM with the sliders & using the MM/CFM approach?
we take offline CFM aproach.

F1 2017 - Haas Team
Old 08-23-2016, 08:24 AM   #94
Rookie

JKennedy87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
we take offline CFM aproach.

Would these work for Online CFM though with multiple users?
Old 08-23-2016, 08:34 AM   #95
Rookie

drewdavi's Arena

OVR: 5

When I put in these autosubs 40/80 into CFM and try and "accept and continue" it doesn't work.... ? I tried multiple controllers, but the middle button isn't saving them
Old 08-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #96
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdavi
When I put in these autosubs 40/80 into CFM and try and "accept and continue" it doesn't work.... ? I tried multiple controllers, but the middle button isn't saving them
saves for me on xbox one, hit the right middle button.

F1 2017 - Haas Team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »