JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 120 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #953
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I completely agree as I was thinking about this same thing earlier. Someone in Charters thread said they saw 8-9 penalties, during 9 minute quarters. Charter, who plays on 15 minutes, said he had never seen that, and nor had I. But I did notice last night, Matt getting way more penalties than me and his uniforms getting dirty which mine never do.

Will play another game with exact OP settings next
The last game I saw from Matt there was rain during the whole game. I made a comment that I always see sun in my CFM games.

As far as penalties are concerned, they are usually tied into ratings, plus, you need a bigger sample size than a game or two to make any real judgements.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #954
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The last game I saw from Matt there was rain during the whole game. I made a comment that I always see sun in my CFM games.

As far as penalties are concerned, they are usually tied into ratings, plus, you need a bigger sample size than a game or two to make any real judgements.
Exactly....weather conditions, field/uni degradation, fatigue rate (which we know how important fatigue is to gameplay) are all different at different quarter lengths. That fatigue rate alone would have an impact on things and there may be other unknown factors.

Long story short, quarter length and acc/no acc clock are variables that have not been evaluated.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #955
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Something about the aesthetics of it makes me really not want to do 9 minute quarters, but it sounds like that's an important part of the mix, esp. if penalties are affected by quarter length.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #956
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Exactly....weather conditions, field/uni degradation, fatigue rate (which we know how important fatigue is to gameplay) are all different at different quarter lengths. That fatigue rate alone would have an impact on things and there may be other unknown factors.

Long story short, quarter length and acc/no acc clock are variables that have not been evaluated.
I just played 13 min quarter 17 second game with Minnesota user vs Titans. I had your mm settings set up and forgot to do auto subs in cfm but I had amazing subs on both sides and it was set at 50 49 subs. Maybe they added a little more in this patch but it was the best subbing I've seen yet. I won 23-2 by the way only 270 total yards held Titans to 131 yards. Turnovers were the difference giving me short field. AP 24 carries McKinnon 8 carries.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #957
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Just wanted to pop in and say this. I think Josh would agree that mixing and matching things from different sliders set is a bad idea.

I see so many post like this "I used your slider but, used so ans so's penalty settings and so and so's fatigue. And I had too much of this or to little of that." Lol

If you want to try this slider set or any slider set you really have to set everything "EXACTLY" like the OP's of that thread. If you don't you won't be playing the same game they are.

I tune mine with certain things and so does Josh. It matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #958
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK, let me be more direct....you deviated from the OP set by using 15 minute quarters (they were tested and calibrated using 9 minute quarters). You essentially helped support that quarter length DOES impact gameplay...because what I saw in your stream last night was vastly different than what I saw in my games and Matt's game.

My point is this....you may be playing a different game than I am just by using different quarter length. You want to play on 15 minute quarters, I know others do too. Let's work together and see if there are changes....but that takes time and more sample size. But one game tells you nothing.
Ive always had the theory and anecdotal eveidcnce that quarter length effects game plays. Shorter quarters = bigger plays bc the game tries to makeup for the lack of time. Longer quarters will yield more defensive games, more punts, 3 and outs, tighter d, etc. shorter will yield a more open gameplay. This is my experience with NCAA and madden
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #959
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Just wanted to pop in and say this. I think Josh would agree that mixing and matching things from different sliders set is a bad idea.

I see so many post like this "I used your slider but, used so ans so's penalty settings and so and so's fatigue. And I had too much of this or to little of that." Lol

If you want to try this slider set or any slider set you really have to set everything "EXACTLY" like the OP's of that thread. If you don't you won't be playing the same game they are.

I tune mine with certain things and so does Josh. It matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% and remember guys that stats should be secondary to the game play mechanics and how defenders and runners read and reAct, how blockers attack and get in position, etc. stats should be of minor concern... Sliders are for gameplay. Users will determine stats.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #960
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Played a couple more games (as in...the same game, lol) before work, and honestly, the thing that is missing is the passing difficulty.

It's just ridiculously easy to pass. There is no sense of fighting off the ball. Even when there isn't any separation, the passes are caught.

Obviously, sliders tell lower WRC, but that's not necessarily the problem. The ball gets jarred loose, but after it's caught, there aren't many deflections like before.

It's odd.

The game plays great on the ground, but that's because there is an NCAA O-Line mentality of pushing up the field right away (how the NCAA OS Sliders were designed), this is why there is much more penetration, and lower RB yards.

In Josh I trust though, so I'm curious to see what tonight's testing brings. It's close, just need to get the ease of passing sorted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »