JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 121 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #961
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Thanks for collecting our first data point comparing 15 minute quarters/Acc clock on versus the 9 minute quarters/Acc clock off setting that this set was built using. Look forward to hearing your results over your next 8-12 games.

Edit: never mind....see you've moved on. Bummer....was really hoping that someone would test this fully.
I can help test 15 mins (Acc clock @ 12) as that's what I'm using @ the moment. I'm using A&S' setup for fatigue as far as 48 in the MM & 58 in CFM but with your auto sub values, I remember you mentioned you guys were bouncing ideas off each other.

Is there really a difference w/field degradation, etc when playing w/o the Acc clock?
4 Life.....
Old 09-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #962
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeaks24
I just played 13 min quarter 17 second game with Minnesota user vs Titans. I had your mm settings set up and forgot to do auto subs in cfm but I had amazing subs on both sides and it was set at 50 49 subs. Maybe they added a little more in this patch but it was the best subbing I've seen yet. I won 23-2 by the way only 270 total yards held Titans to 131 yards. Turnovers were the difference giving me short field. AP 24 carries McKinnon 8 carries.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Albeit limited sample size for me but I dont think this should be overlooked. I played a game all pro all default including auto subs (60/80 mm 50/49 CFM) and saw good rotation and subbing as well. Gameplay was tougher for me all around. Of course Some obvious issues that have been discussed in this thread (line play, block shedding, pursuit, etc). Played my next game at default all pro with 60/80 in mm and CFM and saw little to no subbing and the CPU defense was horrific. I was able to pass at will and saw the large separation from defender to receiver. 13 min quarters 15 sec run off. Thinking maybe auto subs play a bigger role than in years past. I realize different settings which charter just warned about but the difference in the one adjustment was big time noticeable. I'm thankful to all of you trying to figure this maze out and appreciate your efforts. As King stated last year, this game is a giant house of cards!
Old 09-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #963
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
I can help test 15 mins (Acc clock @ 12) as that's what I'm using @ the moment. I'm using A&S' setup for fatigue as far as 48 in the MM & 58 in CFM but with your auto sub values, I remember you mentioned you guys were bouncing ideas off each other.

Is there really a difference w/field degradation, etc when playing w/o the Acc clock?
There was last year and imo there is this year. I honestly think people don't realize how much difference acc clock can make so when you just change that thinking it's no big deal you could be quite wrong.

I gotta imagine it's extremely hard for Josh to try to get his set right when 80% of the feedback he gets is from people not using his set lol. If you want to help dial in his set use it exactly as is. If you want to use as a base and make adjustments that's fine to but don't give him feedback anymore because what you are using is no longer his set.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 09-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #964
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan

The updated sliders are in the OP of this thread.

Collectively, we need to stay within the parameters of the sliders inside this thread instead of mixing and matching with other OS slider makers as it will and could throw off results.

As it is right now, the sliders are 9 minutes with no accelerated clock.

And something else that people need to keep in mind as far as testing goes.

The game was tested on all pro between 5 to 8 minute quarters by the development team at EA.

Just some food for thought to throw out there.

Dawg-two great minds think alike.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #965
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Glad we all on the same page lol. About to play preseason in rams franchise and watch gameplay. Will do play the moment a bit to make it quick but OP settings

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #966
Pro

gman2774's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The updated sliders are in the OP of this thread.

Collectively, we need to stay within the parameters of the sliders inside this thread instead of mixing and matching with other OS slider makers as it will and could throw off results.

As it is right now, the sliders are 9 minutes with no accelerated clock.

And something else that people need to keep in mind as far as testing goes.

The game was tested on all pro between 5 to 8 minute quarters by the development team at EA.

Just some food for thought to throw out there.

Dawg-two great minds think alike.
Totally agree. I will say tho that once in a while great things are found by stepping outside the parameters of the current slider base. For example the 9 min quarter finding was a great finding and change within Josh's thread last year by stepping outside the parameters and experimenting. I get it. Healthy balance and the experimentation needs to be at least relative to the current set.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #967
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

I'm not even convinced that Play the moment even plays the same as just playing every down in CFM. I mean if we are really comparing apples to apples.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #968
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Glad we all on the same page lol. About to play preseason in rams franchise and watch gameplay. Will do play the moment a bit to make it quick but OP settings

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Honestly, even preseason games play differently, always have....even going back to madden 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »