JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 151 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-18-2016, 10:07 AM   #1201
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 50
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

So weird how we all see different things. I can't get the CPU running or passing game to put up numbers on me at all. Just goes to show, we all have different skill sets and not exact sliders will work for everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #1202
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0

I really like the results I've seen so far with the autosubs on my All Madden sliders, would the penalties and injuries work too?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #1203
Rookie

So I've had some time for the first time in a while to sit down and get through a bunch of games. All in all, the set is quite good, especially animation wise. Coverage appears to be tighter and QB play is the best I've seen it so far this year.

Here's what I think needs some improvement:
- Scores are bit too high, especially for the user. This has a few factors I'm noticing.
- The main culprit is big plays, especially for the user. I'm averaging about 8 ypc with Ryan Mathew's, and it's a big reason the Eagles are averaging over 40 ppg.
- As others have pointed out, the issue gets exacerbated as fatigue drops (naturally). The games are competitive, but more of in the NCAA way, we're an offense can score at any time.
- Another reason this may be happening is because of how aggressive open field defenders are. They seem to go for big hits when they should be more cautious. It's almost like when a defender goes to tackle with his head down.
- I've also noticed downfield blocking is a bit too good, which helps 10 yard runs become 70 yard runs. The running game is really quite close, it's just a little too open.
- Most of my big runs are coming to the outisde, and it seems like the force defender still isn't quite as gap sound as he should be.
- Now for the passing game. Like I mentioned before, the passing game is well on its way. The 2 minor things I've noticed is a propensity to check down a bit too often and the lack of QB movement/scrambling.
- The check down issue leads to a few too many targets for the TEs and RBS, and not enough for the recievers, especially number 1s.

- This one is a bit out there, but I thought I'd bring it up. Clearly the game runs "scripts ", which isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. But is it possible the "wild game script" is all too common? I've had 2 games that were near perfect, one I lost, and the other I squeezed out. The others have felt similar in the beginning for the most part, but eventually became wide open.

I hope this helps Josh and Co. I wanted to offer some valuable insight since you've done so much to help make this game great. Last year offense was a little too easy on your sliders for me as well. That's when I found Kings, who used your set as a base. But he actually tweaked some gameplay sliders to finish balancing things out and increase the challange. I think your already closer this year, so I have total faith in you guys.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #1204
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
So I've had some time for the first time in a while to sit down and get through a bunch of games. All in all, the set is quite good, especially animation wise. Coverage appears to be tighter and QB play is the best I've seen it so far this year.

Here's what I think needs some improvement:
- Scores are bit too high, especially for the user. This has a few factors I'm noticing.
- The main culprit is big plays, especially for the user. I'm averaging about 8 ypc with Ryan Mathew's, and it's a big reason the Eagles are averaging over 40 ppg.
- As others have pointed out, the issue gets exacerbated as fatigue drops (naturally). The games are competitive, but more of in the NCAA way, we're an offense can score at any time.
- Another reason this may be happening is because of how aggressive open field defenders are. They seem to go for big hits when they should be more cautious. It's almost like when a defender goes to tackle with his head down.
- I've also noticed downfield blocking is a bit too good, which helps 10 yard runs become 70 yard runs. The running game is really quite close, it's just a little too open.
- Most of my big runs are coming to the outisde, and it seems like the force defender still isn't quite as gap sound as he should be.
- Now for the passing game. Like I mentioned before, the passing game is well on its way. The 2 minor things I've noticed is a propensity to check down a bit too often and the lack of QB movement/scrambling.
- The check down issue leads to a few too many targets for the TEs and RBS, and not enough for the recievers, especially number 1s.

- This one is a bit out there, but I thought I'd bring it up. Clearly the game runs "scripts ", which isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. But is it possible the "wild game script" is all too common? I've had 2 games that were near perfect, one I lost, and the other I squeezed out. The others have felt similar in the beginning for the most part, but eventually became wide open.

I hope this helps Josh and Co. I wanted to offer some valuable insight since you've done so much to help make this game great. Last year offense was a little too easy on your sliders for me as well. That's when I found Kings, who used your set as a base. But he actually tweaked some gameplay sliders to finish balancing things out and increase the challange. I think your already closer this year, so I have total faith in you guys.
Possibly something as simple as turning heat seeker back on could help with the AI getting more control over how they pursue and tackle.

On the Qbs checking, this is controlled more by the QB traits and Coaching Scheme/PB.
Idk Josh can possibly give more info on how to improve the Defenses.
Good thing is my set is still similar to Josh's except, his changes to the MM and I have my CFM Penalties @ 52, oh and my Autosubs are default in MM and adjusted in CFM for every team I play.
So I can compare and contrast the differences between the 2 sets.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #1205
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow, only one game so far, but these sliders have made a believer out of me!

Won 41-7 Bears over Giants. Played on coach mode, never would have believed it if someone else told me but I saw with my own eyes a QB with 50 QBA sliders was 17-28 114 yards and two picks. Thank you Eli Manning.

I always assumed I had to put QBA much lower to get those numbers.

Also, Jay Cutler scrambled!!!

Don't know if I should be winning by so much with the Bears...on the other hand , not like the Giants are supposed to be so great this year either. I am very excited to see how the following game goes.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #1206
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
Wow, only one game so far, but these sliders have made a believer out of me!

Won 41-7 Bears over Giants. Played on coach mode, never would have believed it if someone else told me but I saw with my own eyes a QB with 50 QBA sliders was 17-28 114 yards and two picks. Thank you Eli Manning.

I always assumed I had to put QBA much lower to get those numbers.

Also, Jay Cutler scrambled!!!

Don't know if I should be winning by so much with the Bears...on the other hand , not like the Giants are supposed to be so great this year either. I am very excited to see how the following game goes.

Giants will win the East.

Bears.....not so much.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #1207
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
I really like the results I've seen so far with the autosubs on my All Madden sliders, would the penalties and injuries work too?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Tread cautiously there rich....if you're satisfied with what you're seeing with your set, don't change it. I'm learning the hard way that those sliders are probably the two most powerful modifiers in the game.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:41 PM   #1208
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Josh what do you suggest if I never want to see the oline sub out besides editing to 99 stamina. I don't want to disrupt gameplay too much unless it's lowering run blocking for human which I'm OK with. My playstyle leads to lotsss of 10+ play drives more so than big plays when I score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »